PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an NHL season for 2012-2013 ?

Skooby
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Pretty simple, yes or no for a 2012-2013 NHL season ??

Mski
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
i voted a partial season, but i think the games will remain 3, 20 min periods, not cut down. and after the better part of a week in negotiations, it doesnt appear they made any progress, and are still far apart. i do however still feel they will get a deal done by the 15th (deadline to get the winter classic reinstated) and have the first games played black friday

JATMtheJATM
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
no, i dont think we will have a season. i recall reading a few times that this wasnt going to be a 1 season lockout. that the lockout could affect the next season as well. but that was before these talks.

Mski
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
i voted a partial season, but i think the games will remain 3, 20 min periods, not cut down. and after the better part of a week in negotiations, it doesnt appear they made any progress, and are still far apart. i do however still feel they will get a deal done by the 15th (deadline to get the winter classic reinstated) and have the first games played black friday
well... thats tomorrow, and i dont think it gets done... sounding more like another entire season down the drain

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
I was listening to NHL Radio on XM last night and tonight- it doesn't sound like they are much closer than they were before. The Winter Classic/Black Friday thing is definitely not happening, and I think it's just about curtains on the season at this point. It really is just a handful of people on each side that are driving this- the majority of players and owners would work out a deal if it weren't for the greed and egos of certain people on both sides getting in the way.

don137
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
In the end the owners will win. The players will never make up what they are losing either. The longer it drags on the more it hurts the players. I am not siding one way or another just being realistic.

I do miss hockey very much but I am finding other things to do with my time.

SabreEleven
11-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Greed Wins