PDA

View Full Version : We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Miami (2), Indi, Jville, St. Louis...

I see nothing in this schedule that lends me to believe we won't take each of these games.

Lets look at the positives right now...

We just took two AFC Superbowl contenders to the last minute... One of which we were fighting the refs damn near the whole game. None of the above teams represent that level of competition.

5 of the next 7 games are at home.

CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are the best tandem in the league.

Stevie Johnson is an elite WR.

A healthy Cordy Glenn changes our offense.

We're a relatively healthy football team.

We got down 10-0 to the Pats on the road. We scrapped the whole game only to lose on the last play. This team isn't quitting.

There is every possibility of us getting to the Seatle game with a 7-6 record. Seattle doesn't impress me, so I can see a big win there followed by a another big win on the road against the Fish.

9-6.

Jets at home... Mario with a chance to do some mouth punching of his own.

Bottomline: The Bills haven't given up on this season, and neither have I!

SquishDaFish
11-12-2012, 07:33 AM
jesus i wish you were right

Joe Fo Sho
11-12-2012, 07:35 AM
This thread is in direct violation of DevilPaul's wishes.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/215378-The-season-is-pretty-much-over

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:45 AM
jesus i wish you were right
This team went down 10-0 to the vaunted Pats on the road... and didn't quit!

that showed me something.

we've got a shot... albeit a small one... but its still there.

I am hopeful Mario takes inspiration from the work ethic of his teammates and turns it up a notch.

if he did... he coul be a difference maker for us.

Generalissimus Gibby
Nope, this team responds to difficulty by imploding. They give up, lay down and die. We go into the final game at best 7-8 which is good enough to keep Chan employed and us away from a decent draft pick.

X-Era

I see nothing in this schedule that lends me to believe we won't take each of these games.

We just took two AFC Superbowl contenders to the last minute... One of which we were fighting the refs damn near the whole game. None of the above teams represent that level of competition.

We got down 10-0 to the Pats on the road. We scrapped the whole game only to lose on the last play. This team isn't quitting.

There is every possibility of us getting to the Seatle game with a 7-6 record. Seattle doesn't impress me, so I can see a big win there followed by a another big win on the road against the Fish.

9-6.

Bottomline: The Bills haven't given up on this season, and neither have I!I won't totally rule this out. You're right. We didn't not lose to the Pats badly. We were in a position to win on their field and against a top notch foe.

If we can take this as a moral victory and move forward to be an even better football team, I could see a run of wins.

I hope you're right.

trapezeus
11-12-2012, 07:48 AM
that loss was devastating. it will require too much help that they won't get, and i frankly don't see them winning more than2 games. those miami games are not give me games.

jdaltroy5
11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
They'd better not.

I don't need this team screwing up their draft position and making it at all possible for Fitz or Wanny to have a job next year.

The King
11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Rams are a very solid team.

coastal
11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
They'd better not.

I don't need this team screwing up their draft position and making it at all possible for Fitz or Wanny to have a job next year.
So.. Say we drank into a wild card spot... Who exactly in that scenario would need to be fired?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM
So.. Say we drank into a wild card spot... Who exactly in that scenario would need to be fired?

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mario Williams.

coastal
11-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mario Williams.
Just stfu Gibby.

youre always two cycles away from being current with the tide.

Skooby
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/215324-After-NE-4-of-5-games-are-at-home

Mr. Miyagi
11-12-2012, 09:52 AM
In risking to become the next PTI, I think Fitzpathetic alone will keep us out of the playoffs.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
This thread is a ******ed idiot.

Oaf
11-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Is this the same poster from a month or so ago? Or has substance abuse been involved?

X-Era
11-12-2012, 11:52 AM
In risking to become the next PTI, I think Fitzpathetic alone will keep us out of the playoffs.Two years ago that very question came up. And here we are.

IMO, He was never good enough to be considered "all we need" at QB.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
This team went down 10-0 to the vaunted Pats on the road... and didn't quit!
Losing close to the Pats in Foxboro isn't the badge of courage it was years ago. They're almost a 0.500 team aside from the games against the Bills.

Skooby
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Losing close to the Pats in Foxboro isn't the badge of courage it was years ago. They're almost a 0.500 team aside from the games against the Bills.

They were the conference champs last year, so they have that going for them until some team says different.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Two years ago that very question came up. And here we are.

IMO, He was never good enough to be considered "all we need" at QB.

How long have a handful of us been saying that only to be called negative morons?

jdaltroy5
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM

No one.

What's your point?

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM

No way they win all 5 of them. In fact, I'll bet you 5K Zonebucks that they lose at least one of those 5.

Are you really saying that we took Houston to the last minute? The Bills lost 21-9 and didn't score a TD...

Toronto doesn't count as a "home game," IMO.

Doesn't matter much when the coach doesn't know how to use them.

Seattle beat both New England and the Jets... Something the Bills couldn't do. I'm not ready to simply chalk two wins up against Miami, either...

9-6.

Get back to me on Friday. Like I said, 5k ZB says the Bills lose at least one of the 5 games (Miami (2), Ind, StL, Jax) you mention, making the rest of your post moot.

-Bill

gebobs
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Are you really saying that we took Houston to the last minute? The Bills lost 21-9 and didn't score a TD...
And the Patriots are a Super Bowl contender? :laughing: Not bloody likely.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
They were the conference champs last year, so they have that going for them until some team says different.
Great...so if you want to go by last year's results, we're last place with a 1-5 record in the division. So the Bills have that going for them until they decide to field a real team that can compete.

0-3 in the division. How's that going? Not so good, eh?

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree with OP... Pats game was more than a "too bad, so close" moment for me. This team at week 17 will look nothing like this team at week 5.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree with OP... Pats game was more than a "too bad, so close" moment for me. This team at week 17 will look nothing like this team at week 5.
Unreal...the team is still losing. Every darn week they lose and you guys find something positive to take from it. This is the 2012 Patriots, guys. Not the 2007 Patriots. This New England team is crazy inconsistent. The only thing their fans can reliably depend on is beating the Bills. Other than that, they are a 0.500 team. Their offense is still potent and batted us around like a cat with a mouse. The defense (24th in the league) is their Achille's heel, especially the pass defense (27th).

Nearly another franchise record this week though (penalty yards). And the offense turned the ball over three times and nearly had a fourth.

Good teams like New England find ways to win. Lousy, poorly coached teams like Buffalo find ways to lose.

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Sorry... All I see here is "Blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, curl up into a fetal position and wait for death".

Could someone else offer me a better translation?

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Sorry... All I see here is "Blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, curl up into a fetal position and wait for death".

I have a translation for you. Taking positive things from a loss is for losers and ******s.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM

I thought my English was pretty plain. Here's what I got from your post.

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM

gebobs
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh lookie...Chan Gailey! :-)

Trust me, I am not the least bit depressed about the Bills. I thought the defense would be better and they would go 9-7 or so, but I half expected them to do what they do best: tank.

They are not going anywhere this year and they never will under Chump Gailey. Every week is another travesty of coaching. Last week, the 150 yards in penalties should have been enough. If not that, then the timeout they had to call when the team wasn't ready after Spiller picked up a first on the last scoring drive and alertly went out of bounds.

notacon
11-12-2012, 03:53 PM

9-6.

:rofl:

I'll bet you $10,000 that you are dead wrong.

notacon
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Just for the record....I predict that the Bills win no more than 2 games the rest of the year....most likely, just one.

notacon
11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Before you guys get all worked up over the close loss the NE.

Their defense sucks. Their secondary is one of the worst in the league.

NE's defense sucked last year too. They are defending AFC champs for two reasons.

Brady
Belichick

The Bills have:

Fitzpatrick
Gailey

Case closed!

coastal
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
We were one play from being one game back in the division. How anyone could have watched yesterday's game and not come away from it hungry for more is beyond me.

It's clear to me they are putting the work in and they are scrapping their asses off. This worm is going to turn for them.

notacon
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
We were one play from being one game back in the division. How anyone could have watched yesterday's game and not come away from it hungry for more is beyond me.

It's clear to me they are putting the work in and they are scrapping their asses off. This worm is going to turn for them.

How can anyone watch the Bills this whole season...and for the past 12 seasons....and not think that wishing upon a star for the playoffs is pretty silly.

The "worm will turn" for the Bils when two things happen. We get a real QB, and a new committed owner.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Like I said, 5k ZoneBucks says the Bills lose at least one of the 5 games you mentioned: Miami (2), Ind, Jax, StL.

You in?

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Like I said, 5k ZoneBucks says the Bills lose at least one of the 5 games you mentioned: Miami (2), Ind, Jax, StL.

You in?

-Bill
Betting zonebux?

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Betting zonebux?

I don't care what you do with your personal life... This is about you saying the Bills will win these specific 5 games... I'm saying they won't.

If you were at all confident in your post, you'd have no issue taking the bet. Apparently, you just want to start long-winded threads that you have no stake in if you end up being wrong.

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't care what you do with your personal life... This is about you saying the Bills will win these specific 5 games... I'm saying they won't.

If you were at all confident in your post, you'd have no issue taking the bet. Apparently, you just want to start long-winded threads that you have no stake in if you end up being wrong.

-Billzonebux ups the commitment I have to my opinion?

Really?

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd like to start a thread... But I don't have enough ZoneBux to have a stake. :bad:

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 05:49 PM
zonebux ups the commitment I have to my opinion?

Really?

No, but it might be a small token that you actually stand by your opinion, instead of simply starting a thread and simply walking away and letting it die when you're wrong.

Hell, didn't you start a thread last Sunday called "The Season Ends Next Week"? Why, yes, yes you did: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/215210-The-Season-Ends-Next-Week

All's I'm saying is, if you believe your BS in this thread, put something on it, even fake money... But apparently, you don't even believe it enough to do that...

-Bill

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd like to start a thread... But I don't have enough ZoneBux to have a stake. :bad:

I have no issue doing the same bet with you for 1k ZB... All's the Bills have to do is beat the Dolphins twice, the Colts, Jags and Rams...

Easy win for you and Coastal, right?? Should be a no-brainer.

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
No, but it might be a small token that you actually stand by your opinion, instead of simply starting a thread and simply walking away and letting it die when you're wrong.

Hell, didn't you start a thread last Sunday called "The Season Ends Next Week"? Why, yes, yes you did: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/215210-The-Season-Ends-Next-Week

All's I'm saying is, if you believe your BS in this thread, put something on it, even fake money... But apparently, you don't even believe it enough to do that...

-Billlook at the time that thread was started and all I ask is you take that into consideration.

as far as the rest... you'll just have to take my word for it.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
look at the time that thread was started and all I ask is you take that into consideration.

as far as the rest... you'll just have to take my word for it.

Take your word for it, eh? Kinda like how, a month ago, you proudly claimed to be a 49ers fan?

-Bill

Joe Fo Sho
11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Take your word for it, eh? Kinda like how, a month ago, you proudly claimed to be a 49ers fan?

-Bill

I can't wait to see which personality he brings out next week.

Yasgur's Farm
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I guess I don't see where, in order for a person to have an opinion or thought, he/she needs to wager something of value... Assuming ZB's actually have value... Or maybe it requires real dollars in order to state one's opinion... Perhaps a right arm or left nut or a 1st born would be mare appropriate.

Sounds like the biggest balls wins all arguments regardless of actuallities.

PS... I'm not predicting the outcomes of these games. I just enjoy my Bills fandom as I have for the past 50 years. All I can say is, if it's a burden to someone, perhaps they should consider riding a bandwagon of the year elsewhere.

Oaf
11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I guess I don't see where, in order for a person to have an opinion or thought, he/she needs to wager something of value... Assuming ZB's actually have value... Or maybe it requires real dollars in order to state one's opinion... Perhaps a right arm or left nut or a 1st born would be mare appropriate.

he doesn't have to... I simply threw it out there to see if he actually belives what he said. Like you said, ZB are worthless, for the most part... So, he's really not risking anything.

But, for him to not even risk something that is pretty much worthless, tells me a lot about how much he really belives his bull.

Sounds like the biggest balls wins all arguments regardless of actuallities.

All I can say is, if it's a burden to someone, perhaps they should consider riding a bandwagon of the year elsewhere.

That's pretty much what coastal did a few weeks back, when he proclaimed his love for the 49ers...

Again, I threw out the bet to see if he would actually back his words up with anything, even if the item gambled wasn't of any real value... He can't even do that.

Again, it tells me how much he actually believs the **** he writes.

-Bill

notacon
11-12-2012, 06:47 PM
zonebux ups the commitment I have to my opinion?

Really?

$10,000 REAL dollars would. I said I'd bet you $10,000 that you are dead wrong.

Put your money where your mouth is.

coastal
11-12-2012, 06:57 PM

-Bill
Madness and genius aren't too different.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

YardRat
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
$10,000 REAL dollars would. I said I'd bet you $10,000 that you are dead wrong.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Hi, Mitt...glad to see you're not taking the results that hard.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Madness and genius aren't too different.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Yeah, yeah... I'm sure you'll change your tune yet again when the Bills lose one of the five aformentioned games.

Here, I gave you a chance to make a wager based on your opinion and you've pussed out. That's all I really need to understand about you.

-Bill

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Gotta admit, that's pretty funny...

However, coastal could just as easily be the real Romney, with the documented flip-flopping and all...

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, yeah... I'm sure you'll change your tune yet again when the Bills lose one of the five aformentioned games.

Here, I gave you a chance to make a wager based on your opinion and you've pussed out. That's all I really need to understand about you.

-Billinternet bragging rights should be more than enough.

but then again... I'm actually read out here where you... well... U get where Im going with this.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2012, 07:30 PM
This team ain't winning out LMAO

There's a better chance they lose out than win out.

And no, they ain't losing out either.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
internet bragging rights should be more than enough.

but then again... I'm actually read out here where you... well... U get where Im going with this.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

-Bill
Blow me.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Blow me.

Nice retort... But, I'm straight, married and don't do requests, especially not from a Niners fan that suddenly became a "born again" Bills fan after a 6 point loss, a week after saying "The Season is Over Next Week."

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice retort... But, I'm straight, married and don't do requests, especially not from a Niners fan that suddenly became a "born again" Bills fan after a 6 point loss, a week after saying "The Season is Over Next Week."

-Billnow that we're done talking about me... Want to talk about how terrible ass Miami is step one to me keeping bragging rights?

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Blow me.

With the pictures that you posted. I fully believe you want him to blow you. You have a picture of a man in underwear sucking his thumb and two guys kissing. Gay. Very gay.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
now that we're done talking about me... Want to talk about how terrible ass Miami is step one to me keeping bragging rights?

We let running backs run all over us. Reggie Bush will match CJ Spiller yard for yard Thursday night.

Tannehill - Fitzsuck are a wash.

Defensively they're obviously better.

It'll be a close game that could go either way although I think we'll take a W.

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
With the pictures that you posted. I fully believe you want him to blow you. You have a picture of a man in underwear sucking his thumb and two guys kissing. Gay. Very gay.
Ok.

im not gay.

next.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 08:14 PM
now that we're done talking about me... Want to talk about how terrible ass Miami is step one to me keeping bragging rights?

...Because, when it comes to Prime Time games at Ralph Wilson Stadium (or hell, Prime Time games in general) the Bills' record is one to be proud of, right...?

Oh, by the way, in case you didn't know, that "terrible ass Miami " is 4-5 (which means that they are ahead of the Bills) while having a rookie head coach and a rookie starting quarterback.

Also, in case you didn't know, Chan Gailey is 0-4 against Miami as Bills head coach, last year losing to interim head coach Todd Bowles.

Finally, even if the Bills beat the Dolphins on Thursday, that's only 1/5 of the puzzle... In order for you to even have a chance to be right, the Bills have to have a 4 game winning streak... Chan Gailey has had exactly ONE 4 game winning streak in his NFL career and that was with a Dallas Cowboys team that had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin nearly 15 years ago. The Bills haven't had a 4 game winning streak since 2008.

Bills history and Chan Gailey's history both point to you being wrong. I'll take history over your word.

-Bill

coastal
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
...Because, when it comes to Prime Time games at Ralph Wilson Stadium (or hell, Prime Time games in general) the Bills' record is one to be proud of, right...?

Oh, by the way, in case you didn't know, that "terrible ass Miami " is 4-5 (which means that they are ahead of the Bills) while having a rookie head coach and a rookie starting quarterback.

Also, in case you didn't know, Chan Gailey is 0-4 against Miami as Bills head coach, last year losing to interim head coach Todd Bowles.

Finally, even if the Bills beat the Dolphins on Thursday, that's only 1/5 of the puzzle... In order for you to even have a chance to be right, the Bills have to have a 4 game winning streak... Chan Gailey has had exactly ONE 4 game winning streak in his NFL career and that was with a Dallas Cowboys team that had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin nearly 15 years ago. The Bills haven't had a 4 game winning streak since 2008.

Bills history and Chan Gailey's history both point to you being wrong. I'll take history over your word.

-Billlets talk after the game Thursday night.

BLeonard
11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
lets talk after the game Thursday night.

Fine, but let's keep in mind, I'm not saying that the Bills won't win on Thursday... I'm saying they won't win all of the 5 games that were mentioned earlier.

Every year recently, us fans have gone in thinking that sweeping Miami was a given... It hasn't been.

The Colts, with Andrew Luck, are 6-3... They beat the same Tennessee team on the road that the Bills couldn't beat at home... The game is in Indy, too.

Jacksonville is probably the easiest game of the 5. It's in Buffalo and the Jags aren't a very good team... But, for some reason, they have had the Bills' number recently, winning the last 2 and 3 of the last 4.

The Rams just played your San Francisco 49ers to a tie and should have won the game, if a penalty had not negated a long pass at the start of OT, on the same field that the 49ers beat the Bills 45-3.

To say the Bills will win Thursday is one thing, but to say they're gonna win 4 in a row, not to mention win out (as you claimed in your initial post) is a lot tougher to digest, especially given the Bills history throughout this season and the past 12 seasons.

As much as I'd like to be wrong, I just don't see it all happening.

-Bill

gebobs
11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
* Near record in penalties
* -3 on turnovers
* Spiller misused again
* Defense toyed with
* Misspent timeout

I'll be hungry when the meal is something more appetizing.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 08:55 PM
The Rams just played your San Francisco 49ers to a tie and should have won the game, if a penalty had not negated a long pass at the start of OT, on the same field that the 49ers beat the Bills 45-3.
And the delay of game that killed the winning FG and set them back another 5 yards where the Rams kicker missed.

The Bills will be lucky to go 0.500 out. The opposition is weak, but so are they. And inconsistent to a man.

coastal
11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
* Near record in penalties
* -3 on turnovers
* Spiller misused again
* Defense toyed with
* Misspent timeout

I'll be hungry when the meal is something more appetizing.
I'm sick of cooking the bird without the anxiety of our next game.

leave me to my delusions Gemmer boy.

Skooby
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM

Our schedule looks easier here on out but then again, we're 3-6 now.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Don't worry. The Bills will win on Thursday. Fej told me so.

notacon
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM

LOL, you got the joke.

But, I am still somewhat serious. I would take on just about any bet that the Bills will be nowhere close to competing for playoff spot. They will probably be one of the first teams mathamatically eliminated.

I'd put money on it!!

SpikedLemonade
11-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Right now, I would say that the Rams, Colts and Seahawks are all better than us.

The Dolphins and Jets are a coin flip with us.

Only the Jags are definitely worse than us.

How anyone can see us winning 6 out of our 7 next games is beyond me.

OpIv37
11-14-2012, 02:25 PM

9-6.

First, this will never happen because this team sucks on an almost incomprehensible level.

Second, do you REALLY want to be in that situation? The Jets already whooped us once this year and we've been terrible in the division. More importantly, this team has a propensity for soul-crushing defeats so we all know exactly what would happen: Bills win 6 in a row to have a "win and in" situation against the Jets, get off to a fast start, go into the 4th quarter with a 14 point lead, and then manage to squander it and lose on a last second field goal. It's the type of "kill your inner child" loss that this team is built for.

BillsWin
11-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I haven't lost faith actually haha.

Typ0
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
I will be very surprised if we win 3 more games.

BillsFever21
11-15-2012, 03:36 PM

9-6.

Keep dreaming. You act like the Colts and Rams are pushovers when the Colts are 6-3 and the Rams have shown that they can actually beat good teams and not just feed on the worse teams in the league.

As far as the Dolphins go it wouldn't matter if they were the worse team in the league with the way we play against divisional opponents. If we're lucky we might split them games. Then to say that Seattle doesn't impress you? A 6-4 team that has knocked off some pretty good teams this year but that should be an easy win to you? Jacksonville is the only gimmie the rest of the way and even that's not a guarantee with this team.

I want whatever you're taking if you REALLY believe that this team is going to run the table and make the playoffs. We've lost 14 out of our last 18 games and you think all of a sudden this team is good enough to real off 7 straight wins to end the season? LOL.

Even the top teams in the league have trouble winning 7 games in a row. Only one team in the Falcons made it that far this year with winning 8 games in a row but this crappy inconsistent team is going to do it? I bet you wouldn't but any money in Vegas on it.

BillsFever21
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM

And the Chiefs only lost by 3 points to the Ravens and the Steelers. and beat New Orleans. I guess they are primed for a run pretty soon too.

The Patriots also only beat the Jets by a FG in a game that went into OT. The Cardinals also beat the Patriots. I guess the Jets should've been primed for a run after that game too.

This thread is so pathetic. I thought for sure the homers would be gone by now. I guess there are a few of them left out there.

Yasgur's Farm
11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Just keeping it alive.

coastal
11-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Alright... on the road... to pull within one game of a fellow wild card contender.

Indi has beaten:

- Jville
- Cleveland
- Minny
- Tenn
- Miami
- Green Bay

They've lost to:

- Jville
- Chicago
- New England
- Jets

Sorry... this is an entirely beatable team. I expect Fitz to have a big game.

A win here opens out the possibility of what I've put out there, given we have 3 consecutive home games against Jville, St. Louis and Seattle following.

Yasgur's Farm
11-23-2012, 05:02 PM
GO BILLS!!!

Sammy Avalon
11-24-2012, 02:14 AM
We can only make it if we shake off the Jeckyl and Hyde persona. One week the team shows up the other they completely tank. As long as that continues we're 8-8 at best.

Skooby
11-24-2012, 02:45 AM
We can only make it if we shake off the Jeckyl and Hyde persona. One week the team shows up the other they completely tank. As long as that continues we're 8-8 at best.

Our defense needs to get all wet like the NYG do, like simply blitz / crush our opponents.

coastal
11-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Our defense needs to get all wet like the NYG do, like simply blitz / crush our opponents.
Last week it was Dareus turning it on... Would be nice if Mario went all loco all the sudden.

you know... rips his wrist splint off, throws a couple of books in his library, tells his wife "no".

he could light a huge fire with this defense.

coastal
11-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Worst. Thread. Ever.

YardRat
11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
This team is agonizingly pathetic. Kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Novacane
11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
New thread title. We will go into final game of season with shot at #1 overall pick.

BLeonard
11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Worst. Thread. Ever.

Gotta give you props for at least bumping this... I'm not the kind of guy to say "I told you so," but......

-Bill

coastal
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Gotta give you props for at least bumping this... I'm not the kind of guy to say "I told you so," but......

-Bill
"I told ya so's" don't hurt any more or less righ now.

Even with Nix and Gailey getting the axe... Who honestly would come here to get us headed in the right direction?

jlgarsh
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Last week it was Dareus turning it on... Would be nice if Mario went all loco all the sudden.

you know... rips his wrist splint off, throws a couple of books in his library, tells his wife "no".

he could light a huge fire with this defense.

Mario played pretty damn well today....Our D kept us in the game for the most part. Too bad Fitz is terrible!!!!

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
DONE!

coastal
12-02-2012, 03:25 PM
With the Indi win... It's up to us to win out and root for Steelers losses.

Novacane
12-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Bills won't win out. The schedule is easy enough they could but there's no way Fitz goes 6 straight games without blowing one all by himself.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Won't even matter if Buffalo wins out.

Cincy will go 10-6.

Novacane
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I agree. I'm rooting for Pitt and Cinci today. The sooner this stupid playoff talk ends the better.

coastal
12-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm rooting for the Bills next week against the Rams.

SquishDaFish
12-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I agree it wont happen. But I will NEVER root for the teams we need to lose and will NEVER root for us to lose. Always root for what we need for playoffs but know it wont happen

Skooby
12-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Won't even matter if Buffalo wins out.

Cincy will go 10-6.

Really?

SpikedLemonade
12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm rooting for the Bills next week against the Rams.

The Rams are playing well these days.

The Seahawks (the following week) are not as good on the road, but they are in the play-off hunt as well.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Really?

Their next 3 games including today are SD, Dallas and Philly...3 wins.

Then they'll split their last two vs Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

10-6

Novacane
12-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Other than Seattle our last 5 games are against some of the worst teams in the NFL. What does going 4-1 or even 5-0 in that stretch accomplish? Say we go 4-1 with a loss to the Seahawks. We finish 8-8 with all our wins coming against bad teams. We make minimal changes cause we're on the "right track" Then next year we don't get that cake schedule and go back to 6-10

Skooby
12-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Other than Seattle our last 5 games are against some of the worst teams in the NFL. What does going 4-1 or even 5-0 in that stretch accomplish? Say we go 4-1 with a loss to the Seahawks. We finish 8-8 with all our wins coming against bad teams. We make minimal changes cause we're on the "right track" Then next year we don't get that cake schedule and go back to 6-10

The right track has been off-track for a while.

Billz_fan
12-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Jesus we beat the 2-10 Jags without MJD and we are talking playoff's. That's optimism right there.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
We will beat the Rams by the skin of our teeth, get squashed by the Seahags (I can see Lynch hanging us out to dry with 200+ yards and 3 or 4 tds) then we lay down and die against Miamia and we beat the Jets so we can get that coveted CB from The OHIO STATE university

Mike
12-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Jesus we beat the 2-10 Jags without MJD and we are talking playoff's. That's optimism right there.

Once a homer always a homer. Some people are just addicted to hope no matter how illogical it is. Heck supposedly half of the US population believes that there is a guy with a white beard in the sky watching their every move, judging,...

X-Era
12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Minimal changes?

So if we get a legit starting ILB and OLB. And draft a young prospect to push Fitz at QB what would those minimal changes equal in wins? 2?

I mean I can see that an upgraded LB'er corp that is productive will make a real impact against the run and pass. That alone may have won us 1 or 2 more games. And if we finish 8 and 8 and go into next season 2 games better were in the playoffs.

The better question is should an 8 and 8 team make major changes?

ZAZusmc03
12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Once a homer always a homer. Some people are just addicted to hope no matter how illogical it is. Heck supposedly half of the US population believes that there is a guy with a white beard in the sky watching their every move, judging,...

Wait...are you trying to say Santa isn't real? :P

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Minimal changes?

So if we get a legit starting ILB and OLB. And draft a young prospect to push Fitz at QB what would those minimal changes equal in wins? 2?

I mean I can see that an upgraded LB'er corp that is productive will make a real impact against the run and pass. That alone may have won us 1 or 2 more games. And if we finish 8 and 8 and go into next season 2 games better were in the playoffs.

The better question is should an 8 and 8 team make major changes?

8-8 also means we'll have a theoretically more difficult schedule.

And you know other teams also improve.

So unless we're going out and getting a top flight QB, not happening, an 8-8 or 7-9 this year will translate to 5-11 or so next year when we play a more difficult schedule.

Instead of playing the Titans, Browns and Chiefs of this league, we'll play teams like the Bengals, Colts and Chargers. Yeah I know we played the Colts this year but we won't play the South next year and instead draw the North. So we're 1-3 vs the North. Colts Chargers we'll be generous and say we win 1 of the two. We're now 2-4. Best we do in the division is 3-3 so now we're 5-7. Guess what division we get stuck with in the NFC?!? Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs. Congratulations the best this team is doing with this schedule is 7-9. 5-11 is more realistic.

So were is this 2 game improvement?

X-Era
12-02-2012, 05:08 PM

And you know other teams also improve.

So unless we're going out and getting a top flight QB, not happening, an 8-8 or 7-9 this year will translate to 5-11 or so next year when we play a more difficult schedule.

Instead of playing the Titans, Browns and Chiefs of this league, we'll play teams like the Bengals, Colts and Chargers. Yeah I know we played the Colts this year but we won't play the South next year and instead draw the North. So we're 1-3 vs the North. Colts Chargers we'll be generous and say we win 1 of the two. We're now 2-4. Best we do in the division is 3-3 so now we're 5-7. Guess what division we get stuck with in the NFC?!? Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs. Congratulations the best this team is doing with this schedule is 7-9. 5-11 is more realistic.

So were is this 2 game improvement?
Possible. And going 2 and 14 or 3 and 13 with a whole new staff, new playbooks, and many rosters changes can also happen.

And as I've stated before I think my changes alone may make us split with the Pats. And if we can split with the Pats, we can beat just about anyone. Will we? Who know's.

SquishDaFish
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Our projected opponents are already tough next year. So schedule is last thing I care about right now

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Possible. And going 2 and 14 or 3 and 13 with a whole new staff, new playbooks, and many rosters changes can also happen.

I'd rather go 2-14 with a new staff who's tearing this crap apart and building a roster and philosophy PROPERLY than go 6-10 with this current group of bums. We go into another season with status quo and it's nothing less than a throwaway season that will get us picking around 10th.

The talent gap between us and the AFC North besides Cleveland is immense. The talent gap between us and the NFC South besides Carolina is just as immense.

Then with the schedule we'll draw if we do finish 8-8, we'll be the second place team in the division playing the Colts and Chargers. Obviously the Colts are better than us and the Chargers, well you never know what kind of team they'll decide shows up from year to year. They can be good or be total crap...this year is the crap version.

Talent wise and coaching wise the difference between us and the schedule we'll draw is ridiculous. Keeping things intact you'll see us lose games to the Saints and Falcons like 45-20. Baltimore and Pittsburgh with Ben will beat us like 34-7. And then we can all sit here and go, ya know, we shoulda got rid of Gailey and company last year and tried a different direction.

Quite simply, this team in it's current state is NOT built to be a contender year in and year out. Hell, we're playing one of the easiest schedules you can hope to draw in a season and the best we're gonna do is 8-8. If that doesn't tell you we're well away from where we need to be, I don't know what will.

SpikedLemonade
12-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd rather go 2-14 with a new staff who's tearing this crap apart and building a roster and philosophy PROPERLY than go 6-10 with this current group of bums. We go into another season with status quo and it's nothing less than a throwaway season that will get us picking around 10th.

The talent gap between us and the AFC North besides Cleveland is immense. The talent gap between us and the NFC South besides Carolina is just as immense.

Then with the schedule we'll draw if we do finish 8-8, we'll be the second place team in the division playing the Colts and Chargers. Obviously the Colts are better than us and the Chargers, well you never know what kind of team they'll decide shows up from year to year. They can be good or be total crap...this year is the crap version.

Talent wise and coaching wise the difference between us and the schedule we'll draw is ridiculous. Keeping things intact you'll see us lose games to the Saints and Falcons like 45-20. Baltimore and Pittsburgh with Ben will beat us like 34-7. And then we can all sit here and go, ya know, we shoulda got rid of Gailey and company last year and tried a different direction.

Quite simply, this team in it's current state is NOT built to be a contender year in and year out. Hell, we're playing one of the easiest schedules you can hope to draw in a season and the best we're gonna do is 8-8. If that doesn't tell you we're well away from where we need to be, I don't know what will.

Yup

X-Era
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd rather go 2-14 with a new staff who's tearing this crap apart and building a roster and philosophy PROPERLY than go 6-10 with this current group of bums.I know you would. That's why arguing is a bit pointless.

Ginger Vitis
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM

So you want the Bills to lose out so they will have a easier schedule next year that is fawked

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I know you would. That's why arguing is a bit pointless.

And you'd rather go 6-10 with this current staff in their 4th year.

The schedule in 2014 ain't looking any better by the way. We draw the AFC West and NFC North.

So there's 5 years of this current staff, all wasted seasons.

When is enough enough and things merit a change?

You can say oh we'll improve year to year but these teams we play, that are already better than we are now with better coaching too, also improve. I mean technically, we can hope next year we go 3-13 and draw the 1st overall pick and get the next great can't miss franchise QB so in 2014 we improve and then 2015 we contend. I mean by 2015, Brady and the Pats should start slowing down. The Jets are a mess. And the Fish, well they're the Fish.

But that will be year 6 of the Gailey regime. I don't think anyone will want to give that guy a 6th year if the best record he musters is this year's meaningless 7-9/8-8. I could be wrong.

Ginger Vitis
12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
The schedule in 2014 ain't looking any better by the way. We draw the AFC West and NFC North.

You have no idea at this point which teams will be good or bad in 2014

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 05:40 PM
So you want the Bills to lose out so they will have a easier schedule next year that is fawked

No, it doesn't matter if we draw a 3rd place schedule vs the two AFC teams or a 2nd place schedule. We'll be going nowhere either way. We draw the AFC North and NFC South regardless of where we finish. 6 of those 8 teams are clearly better than we are.

Yes, what I am saying is next year is a throwaway season where we have ZERO chance at making the playoffs. NONE. ZILCH.

If we regress, which we will because our schedule will be more difficult than this year, Gailey surely won't survive. So why bother keeping him around after this year at all? Start over. Build this thing properly. Get a real coaching staff. So at least next year while we're not competing we can being building something that will be good enough to allow us to compete in the future. Or you know maybe people enjoy these 6-10 crapfests now since we're quite used to them around here.

The status quo simply isn't good enough nor will it ever be good enough.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 05:45 PM
You have no idea at this point which teams will be good or bad in 2014

Very short sighted response. The same general teams are good year in and year out. The Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Saints, Falcons, whoever has Peyton Manning, Chicago, Green Bay.

We'll not focus on the NFC squads. In 2 years, the Pats, Ravens, Steelers w/ a healthy Ben, Colts, Texans, Broncos if Peyton is still there will still be good. It's not likely magically any of those teams will just implode. Due to injuries, you might get lucky and one of those teams might slip like this years Steelers. But half of those teams won't magically be terrible 2 years from now.

X-Era
12-02-2012, 05:57 PM
And you'd rather go 6-10 with this current staff in their 4th year.

So there's 5 years of this current staff, all wasted seasons.

When is enough enough and things merit a change?

You can say oh we'll improve year to year but these teams we play, that are already better than we are now with better coaching too, also improve. I mean technically, we can hope next year we go 3-13 and draw the 1st overall pick and get the next great can't miss franchise QB so in 2014 we improve and then 2015 we contend. I mean by 2015, Brady and the Pats should start slowing down. The Jets are a mess. And the Fish, well they're the Fish.

But that will be year 6 of the Gailey regime. I don't think anyone will want to give that guy a 6th year if the best record he musters is this year's meaningless 7-9/8-8. I could be wrong.This year is probably not a playoff year that's almost a given. But perpetually canning HC's every 3 years has done squat for us. We have a long track record of that too.

If you could tell me we are able as a franchise to land a sure thing HC, I'd want that. I don't think we are. So I'd rather add a few more pieces to the defense and ask our offense to put up 20+ consistently. If we do that, we are a good enough team to be in the playoffs IMO. We are not that far off.

What we saw this year was:

A DC that stunk for far too long
A group of players who took too long to demand solid play from each other
A stud pass rusher take too long to get his arm healthy
A rookie CB who took too long to develop into a solid starter
A QB who won't win games for you but now has also lost a few for us too
And a HC who waited too long to make Spiller the starter.

Oh, and add in a staff that ever thought Sheppard was good enough.

Much of that was a given going into the season:

We identified that the LB'er corp was'nt adequate and would cost us against the run and pass and against Gronk, Welker, and the Pats... That happened.
We identified early on that Freddie had lost a step and would need to be replaced with Spiller... That happened.
We thought Fitz might regress and actually cost us games... That happened (it actually started last year)
WE thought starting a rookie CB may cost us... It did.

And what we have to do now is:

draft Fitz's replacement
Get a solid starter at ILB and OLB
Continue to add depth and players that can push the starters at #2 WR, SS, DT, OG, OT, TE

That isn't impossible. As I said, the LB'er upgrades alone wins us one more game. But forget that for a second. A defense that can rush the passer, has run stuffers at both the DL and LB levels, and has LB'ers that can cover the flats and seems will win us games. If we keep Byrd, our secondary will be improved with the development of Gilmore alone. I do think we need to figure out the other starter whether it's Williams, a vet, or another rookie. But on offense, we have shown we are capable of putting up enough points to win. Fitz is at best good enough to win, and at worst a liability. But, there unfortunately is no quick fix for replacing him so were stuck. The good news is our run game and OL is very good IMO and can carry this team to wins.

You're trying to say that we can't beat teams from division X or Y and next year we will face them. I don't agree. As I've stated, if we can split with the Pats, we can beat just about anyone. To be a playoff team we need a defense that's not ranked last, probably just in the top 15, and our current offense with it's potent run game and average pass game.

We are not that far off. I know you totally disagree which makes this discussion between us pointless but that's how I feel.

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 06:06 PM
This year is probably not a playoff year that's almost a given. But perpetually canning HC's every 3 years has done squat for us. We have a long track record of that too.

If you could tell me we are able as a franchise to land a sure thing HC, I'd want that. I don't think we are. So I'd rather add a few more pieces to the defense and ask our offense to put up 20+ consistently. If we do that, we are a good enough team to be in the playoffs IMO. We are not that far off.

What we saw this year was a DC that stunk for far too long, a group of players who took too long to demand solid play from each other, a stud pass rusher take too long to get his arm healthy, a rookie CB who took too long to develop into a solid starter, a QB who won't win games for you but now has also lost a few for us too, and a HC who waited too long to make Spiller the starter.

Oh, and add in a staff that ever thought Sheppard was good enough.

And what we have to do is draft Fitz's replacement, and get a solid starter at ILB and OLB. That isn't impossible. As I said, the LB'er upgrades alone wins us one more game. But forget that for a second. A defense that can rush the passer, has run stuffers at both the DL and LB levels, and has LB'ers that can cover the flats and seems will win us games. If we keep Byrd, our secondary will be improved with the development of Gilmore alone. I do think we need to figure out the other starter whether it's Williams, a vet, or another rookie. But on offense, we have shown we are capable of putting up enough points to win. Fitz is at best good eoungh to win, and at worst a liability. But, there unfortunately is no quick fix for replacing him so were stuck. The good news is our run game and OL is very good IMO and can carry this team to wins.

We are not that far off. I know you totally disagree which makes this discussion between us pointless but that's how I feel.

Problem on the QB front is we're simply not bad enough to draft the replacement. So we're gonna go into next year with one of these three guys at starting QB. Fitz, Smith or Vick. Because that's what is gonna be available to us. Or we'll take a 2nd round pick and try to make Bray the franchise guy. I don't think any of that is the answer at QB and I'm sure you don't either. So there we are still stuck with crap behind center, Vick would sell some jerseys at least if that counts.

Then we have our defensive woes where we have at least 4 spots to address. LB, S, CB.

And oh we need some WRs for whatever craptastic QB we have to throw the ball to.

Oh then we have a Guard who we must resign, a RT who's a liability and a C who's made of glass.

It's not all coaching that's the problem, sure it's a big problem, but so is the lack of a top flight QB and playmakers besides CJ and Byrd. Oh yeah, we need to resign or tag him too.

A top flight QB would hide a lot of the flaws without question, we're simply not in a position where any will be available to us however.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you Pittsburgh and Cincy for making our last four games meaningless

X-Era
12-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Problem on the QB front is we're simply not bad enough to draft the replacement. So we're gonna go into next year with one of these three guys at starting QB. Fitz, Smith or Vick. Because that's what is gonna be available to us. Or we'll take a 2nd round pick and try to make Bray the franchise guy. I don't think any of that is the answer at QB and I'm sure you don't either. So there we are still stuck with crap behind center, Vick would sell some jerseys at least if that counts.

Then we have our defensive woes where we have at least 4 spots to address. LB, S, CB.

And oh we need some WRs for whatever craptastic QB we have to throw the ball to.

Oh then we have a Guard who we must resign, a RT who's a liability and a C who's made of glass.

It's not all coaching that's the problem, sure it's a big problem, but so is the lack of a top flight QB and playmakers besides CJ and Byrd. Oh yeah, we need to resign or tag him too.

A top flight QB would hide a lot of the flaws without question, we're simply not in a position where any will be available to us however.
Our RT isn't a liability. Hairston is developing but has had a bad run lately. I'd like to add another prospect to the mix but it's not like he hasn't show he can play.

S is not a major need. Resign Byrd and we are OK. Wilson is not great but he hasn't really shown up as a liability either. If anything I'd rather upgrade Bryan Scott with a LB'er that also can start in the standard 4-3 set.

Another young WR is a need. But, as with any draft there are guys throughout the draft that may help. And David Nelson will be back. I think we missed him this year and he would have really added to our offense.

Wood gets injured I agree and I'd be a fan of adding a vet to back him up.

CB will be interesting. I'd like to see a vet added and McGee sent out to pasture. I wouldn't mind resigning Leodis who has played OK in spot duty but has been good in returns. But after that I'm not sure I want another rookie. Williams at the very least can become a backup FS and will add depth to our Nickel. Brooks looked horrible today but is a rookie and was at least in position many times today. Rogers is also developing and Gilmore is a given. There's too much youth there and I'd rather add a vet.

But the issue here is that canning Gailey has nothing to do with any of the above. If anything canning him may mean all new schemes where many players aren't fits and need to be let go. I'd rather not do that.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Its now audition time at OBD, Bench Fitz and play Travaris, lets see what we got

coastal
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Well that's that.

ServoBillieves
12-02-2012, 06:32 PM
God I hate the Steelers with an undying passion.

Beat Tennessee and Indy, and we're right. There.

Got better things to do on Sunday's now.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you Pittsburgh and Cincy for making our last four games meaningless

Are we mathematically eliminated or just "for all intents and purposes" eliminated?

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Are we mathematically eliminated or just "for all intents and purposes" eliminated?

For all intents and purposes, we were done when we lost to Tenn.

And of course we're not mathematically eliminated yet. We can still get to 9 wins. Cincy and Pitts only have 7. Even the crappy Cleveland Browns aren't mathematically eliminated yet.

Skooby
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
You'll see 5-7 Buffalo in the standings but it's more symbolic then realistic.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-02-2012, 06:47 PM

No, if we had beaten Indy we'd actually be in a decent position.

And of course we're not mathematically eliminated yet. We can still get to 9 wins. Cincy and Pitts only have 7. Even the crappy Cleveland Browns aren't mathematically eliminated yet.

Ok. So they'd have to lose all their games except for the one they play against each other then. We don't have tiebreakers on either I'm assuming.

Captain Obvious
12-02-2012, 06:48 PM

The season wasnt even halfway done when that games was played. It was when the Bills lost to the Colts

Mr. Pink
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
The season wasnt even halfway done when that games was played. It was when the Bills lost to the Colts

When you're a mediocre team playing an overall weak schedule, when you lose to teams you should beat...you're done.

This team isn't good enough to throw games away.

X-Era
12-02-2012, 06:51 PM
When you're a mediocre team playing an overall weak schedule, when you lose to teams you should beat...you're done.

This team isn't good enough to throw games away.
On this we agree.

Novacane
12-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Steelers and Bengals both lose! We're still in it! :lmao:

Skooby
12-09-2012, 03:15 PM

So your saying there is a chance?

SpikedLemonade
12-09-2012, 03:39 PM

Give this crap up please!

gebobs
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
So your saying there is a chance?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KX5jNnDMfxA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Well we can theoretically go 8-8 and theoretically one of either the Bengals or Steelers go 8-8 as well!

Dunno if we hold tie breakers however.

:rofl: