PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spikes = thug

The King
11-12-2012, 07:42 AM
The shot on Chandler last game, the Twitter bashing of Buffalo and its fans. Helmet to helmet on Fitz then flexing after Jackson was helped off the field with a clear head injury.

Too bad no one on this team is tough enough to give him his.

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/spikesflex.gif

Night Train
11-12-2012, 08:16 AM
The flexing show was waaaaaaaay over the top.

Someone should send that to the NFL for a healthy fine to wake him up.

coastal
11-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Public enemy #1

but I can promise Bill Belichick is encouraging his team to be as cheap as they want.

Afterall, when a game is officiated the way it was, who cares if they get a few penalties taking "send a message" cheap shots.

It's no different than what Greg Williams in NO was doing...

trapezeus
11-12-2012, 08:48 AM
what i find hilarious about patriot "fans" is that they boo'd the fitz hit. Fitz's helmet came off! and the bills had been tagged with 14 penalties. they had one legitimate nasty hit and they thought they were getting the rough end of the stick? And then earlier the refs begrudingly gave a late hit penalty when fitz was out of bounds and their CB is diving at his leg.

K Williams went for the lower half of brady in the first match up and got 15 yards for a play in the pocket. the refs almost let that go and they even smiled at the CB afterwards with a "we'll get you guys back later"

I bring all this up because i know spikes will not get a fine commiserate to the two head shots he dished out. That CB won't get fined. but i bet you a play none of us evenn remember will be the source of a fine.

The favortism towards the patriots has gotten so absurd at this point that the NFL needs to address is it or the fans should take it into their own hands.

Pinkerton Security
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Spikes must have learned from Wilfork, who has been out-done by Suh or else he'd have won the last few of the "Dirtiest Player in the NFL" polls

ICRockets
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I wish we had some thugs. Look at the Bears-Texans game last night. The insane secondary talent the Bears have is able to make huge plays because of hard-hitting monsters up front. Guys like JJ Watt for the Texans just beast all over everybody. We just don't have anyone, short of maybe Kyle Williams, who plays with that killer instinct.

The King
11-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Big Difference between killer instinct and thug.

Mski
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
he should be suspended for his actions yesterday, between the hit on fitz, and the demonstration after seeing jackson was injured....

sadly he will likely only be fined.. under $10k is my guess

ServoBillieves
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
he should be suspended for his actions yesterday, between the hit on fitz, and the demonstration after seeing jackson was injured....

sadly he will likely only be fined.. under $10k is my guess

Why would he be suspended when he's on Goodell's favorite team? Nothing can go wrong in Foxboro when Papa Smurf controls the money!!

He intended to injure numerous players and has seen 0 reconciliation. He will walk away free as I now understand that any team named the "Patriots" is immediately untouchable in America's eyes.

Buddo
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
It's got to the point where something needs to be done by the players themselves. Someone like Spikes, simply needs to be completely taken out, by about 4 guys on the O-Line, while Fitz just throws the ball away.
The Pats have been taking cheap shots at Bills players for years now, and something needs to be done to stop it.
I consider them to be a generally 'dirty' team, but they are 'dirty' in the playground bully fashion. there are teams that they won't try it on with, and it's about time the bills made themselves one of those teams. Doing something like I suggested above, would be sending a serious message out to them, that they aren't going to get away with their crap any more. It's all very well for our HC to be a straight shooter, and someoen who wants to be seeing a hard but fair game, but the fact is, it's the players who are getting the rough end of the stick, and they need to do something about it themselves.

coastal
11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
He was fined $20 large for his hit on Chandler.

I certainly hope he is facing a suspension... Not for his hit on Fitz, but for his taunting of a head-injured player.

btw... Fitz and Eric Wood are calling Spikes' behavior out.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/11/11/bills-players-call-brandon-spikes-a-punk-and-head-hunter/

The Jokeman
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Big Difference between killer instinct and thug.

If Spikes could learn to give speeches he could be another Ray Lewis.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Everyone would love him if he was in a Bills uniform.

Ingtar33
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
If Spikes could learn to give speeches he could be another Ray Lewis.

or kill someone... wait... no... that's not the spin the NFL wants to place on it... let me think... "or get involved in a tragic incident and show 'character' growth from it"

The King
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Everyone would love him if he was in a Bills uniform.
disagree. He publicly bashed Buffalo and its fans on twitter he's classless all the way through.

Plenty of players make big hits without taunting injuries and acting like a douche.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
disagree. He publicly bashed Buffalo and its fans on twitter he's classless all the way through.

Plenty of players make big hits without taunting injuries and acting like a douche.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/468/858/frank-gifford_display_image.jpg?1343922031

Chuck Bednarik...taunting douche for your viewing pleasure.

I'd take Spikes on my team every day of the week.

Crisis
11-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Is anyone surprised? Same scumbag that tried to gouge someone's eyes out in college.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-13-2012, 06:11 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/468/858/frank-gifford_display_image.jpg?1343922031

Different times, and that was Frank Gifford (a pretty boy like Tom Brady). Bednarik was balls. Spikes is just a thug who we need to take a bounty out on. Unwritten and unpaid but next time we play these guys we need someone to snap his neck.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Also, when he does suffer his career ending injury, I will laugh. He deserves a broken neck for a long career of playing dirty.

coastal
11-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Different times, and that was Frank Gifford (a pretty boy like Tom Brady). Bednarik was balls. Spikes is just a thug who we need to take a bounty out on. Unwritten and unpaid but next time we play these guys we need someone to snap his neck.
No Gibby... if the NFL's commitment to deal with this kind of behavior is real, Spikes will be fined and suspended.

If I were Russ Brandon, I'd be asking the NFL for an investigation into the NE organization as Spikes was allegedly out on the field threatening to injure players.

this is not Bednarik's NFL... Or is it for certain organizations only.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-13-2012, 06:25 AM
No Gibby... if the NFL's commitment to deal with this kind of behavior is real, Spikes will be fined and suspended.

If I were Russ Brandon, I'd be asking the NFL for an investigation into the NE organization as Spikes was allegedly out on the field threatening to injure players.

this is not Bednarik's NFL... Or is it for certain organizations only.

If Gregg Williams had his bounty system in New England, the NFL shreds all evidence of it and slaps down four game suspensions on Bellichick and Gregg and takes away a first round draft pick and fines the Pats 50 grand. Its no secret that the Pats are the darling pretty boys of the NFL. **** they got away with cheating for years, and nothing was done. Spikes gets fined fifty grand at most and continues doing this **** because its probably encouraged by folks like Bellijerk.

coastal
11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
If Gregg Williams had his bounty system in New England, the NFL shreds all evidence of it and slaps down four game suspensions on Bellichick and Gregg and takes away a first round draft pick and fines the Pats 50 grand. Its no secret that the Pats are the darling pretty boys of the NFL. **** they got away with cheating for years, and nothing was done. Spikes gets fined fifty grand at most and continues doing this **** because its probably encouraged by folks like Bellijerk.
You could be right, but if this happens... the Bills should become publicly vocal in their objections.

Mski
11-14-2012, 12:39 PM
its Wednesday, has any fine been levied?

Cali512
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM

You argue points when its impossible for you to be right

Mr. Pink
11-15-2012, 06:39 PM
You argue points when its impossible for you to be right

Give it a rest.

Spikes made a big hit and celebrated the hit. Much like Bednarik celebrating after knocking Gifford the F out in the pic I posted in the thread. Much like any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit, Buffalo Bills players included...Shawn Merriman sacks QBs and does a "lights out" dance and people think it's great...not that he ever gets to do it around here but still. Golden Tate laid out Sean Lee earlier in the year and celebrated the hit.

Spikes celebrating that he made a big hit on Jackson is no different than what any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit or play.

Mski
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Give it a rest.

Spikes made a big hit and celebrated the hit. Much like Bednarik celebrating after knocking Gifford the F out in the pic I posted in the thread. Much like any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit, Buffalo Bills players included...Shawn Merriman sacks QBs and does a "lights out" dance and people think it's great...not that he ever gets to do it around here but still. Golden Tate laid out Sean Lee earlier in the year and celebrated the hit.

Spikes celebrating that he made a big hit on Jackson is no different than what any other player in the NFL does when they make a big hit or play. no spike's demonstration wasnt imediately after the hit... he was already on the sidelines with his helment off, and Jackson was being helped off the field... BIG difference to what you're refering to

Crisis
11-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Spikes fined 25k for the hit on Fitz, Mayo and Dennard got fines for the game as well but haven't seen how much.

GingerP
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Spikes fined 25k for the hit on Fitz, Mayo and Dennard got fines for the game as well but haven't seen how much.

Mayo was fined $10K and Dennard $7,875 (not sure how they came up with that amount), both for late hits out-of-bounds.

coastal
11-17-2012, 07:12 AM
No mention of the taunt of an injured player walking off the field?

no message sent that playing to hurt someone isn't acceptable to the NFL?

no seriously upping the ante on a player already fined for this kind of behavior?

no investigation to find out if the Patriots organization supports this kind of behavior?

The Saints are akin to Lee Harvey Oswald... A patsie (pun intended.)

jimmifli
11-17-2012, 07:53 AM
No mention of the taunt of an injured player walking off the field?

no message sent that playing to hurt someone isn't acceptable to the NFL?

no seriously upping the ante on a player already fined for this kind of behavior?

no investigation to find out if the Patriots organization supports this kind of behavior?

The Saints are akin to Lee Harvey Oswald... A patsie (pun intended.)
Meh. He was celebrating a force fumble and legal hit. It took a long time for the pile to clear before we realized Fred was injured.

I'm glad he was fined.

coastal
11-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Meh. He was celebrating a force fumble and legal hit. It took a long time for the pile to clear before we realized Fred was injured.

I'm glad he was fined.
Did you see the quotes from a couple of Bills postgame?

seems to me they perceive Spikes as vocally being out there threatening to injure people.

how does that differ from New Orleans?

Joe Fo Sho
11-17-2012, 10:23 AM

I'm glad he was fined.

Spikes was flexing as Freddie was limping off the field after being unconscious. He was celebrating how he caused a concussion. **** him.

Goobylal
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Too bad no Bills player was man enough to drive Spikes' head into the ground.

ckg927
11-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Too bad no Bills player was man enough to drive Spikes' head into the ground.

He'd probably be run out of the NFL on a rail, knowing our luck.

Goobylal
11-17-2012, 01:47 PM
He'd probably be run out of the NFL on a rail, knowing our luck.
I know. The Bills know they have to face the Pats, the refs, and the NFL if they do anything like the Pats do, which is likely why they didn't retaliate. It's amazing that in EVERY Pats game, at least 2 Bills players, usually ones who are killing them, get injured.