PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson

ghz in pittsburgh
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Lost in this NE game is the effective usage of CJ and Fred. I don't think Chan put them in strictly based on two series per. It looked more like based on defense grouping. Fred was very effective doing inside running while CJ was, well, all over the place. I'd like to see this continuing - let Chan decide who to go out there.

I do want to point out to those who are pining for CJ to get 25 carries. I don't know he'll ever be. Yes he can do between tackles, but Jackson just seems to be better with his power and that un-teachable slight angle changes in tight space. I feel Spiller is close to his full potential as I see a guy now is completely at ease on what he's doing out there. Some people said that great running is like great dancing: instinctive withouting thinking. Spiller is just that fluid out there right now.

gebobs
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Someone better get Fred to remember to hold on to the ball. Too many fumbles lately.

Joe Fo Sho
11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Someone better get Fred to remember to hold on to the ball. Too many fumbles lately.

I have to give him a pass on his last one...as he was unconscious.

Jaybird
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Spiller needs 18 rushing attemps and 10 throws a game minimum.. Fred J is a dime a dozen

YardRat
11-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I thought they used both quite well also.

Thief
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
They were alternating each series, but resting for a play if they got a big run or took a big shot.

Crisis
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Spiller still needs more touches. 13 is not enough for his production.

Typ0
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Seriously anyone that can't see Gailey deserves to be shot or at minimum stoned for not getting the ball in Spillers hands more must also be stoned. Jackson is awesome and at this point in his career every carry he gets he's going to have a chance to get at some point by playing a little longer because he's still strong. But the place Spiller is right now...I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about him not getting the ball...

Mr. Pink
11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Fred should be more of the short yardage and goal line back now.

I also don't think Spiller can handle 25+ carries in a game but I'd like to see him get 12-15 and about 20 touches in total per game.

Billz_fan
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Seriously anyone that can't see Gailey deserves to be shot or at minimum stoned for not getting the ball in Spillers hands more must also be stoned. Jackson is awesome and at this point in his career every carry he gets he's going to have a chance to get at some point by playing a little longer because he's still strong. But the place Spiller is right now...I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about him not getting the ball...

I live in NE, Listening to NE sports talk radio today (Felger and Mazz) They made all kinds of comments about Spiller. One that stands out was
Thank god Chan Gailey is coach of the Buffalo Bills, CJ Spiller averaged 7+ yards a carry yesterday and got 9 (or whatever it was) carries. If the Bills had given Spiller the ball 20 times the Bills would have won the game They added to that by saying the Patriots have no one who can even run with Spiller, not even close. They asked (in jest) how Gailey even has a job not realizing that Spiller needs to be getting 20-30 touches a game.

Now, I hate these NE radio guys and I yell at the radio all the time :D But I had to agree today.

Mski
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
sounds like those NE radio guys should be in the Bills FO

X-Era
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Seriously anyone that can't see Gailey deserves to be shot or at minimum stoned for not getting the ball in Spillers hands more must also be stoned. Jackson is awesome and at this point in his career every carry he gets he's going to have a chance to get at some point by playing a little longer because he's still strong. But the place Spiller is right now...I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking about him not getting the ball...I agree that he should be the feature back with Freddy only spelling him occasionally. Freddy has lost a step and needs to be the backup at this point.

CJ, with 7.3 yards a carry, needs to be worked until it shows it's too much. It's a balance to make sure you don't wear him out or get him injured but I'd like to see about 15 to 20 attempts per game instead of 10.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2012&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go