PDA

View Full Version : Peterson number 1 RB in total yards

Cali512
11-15-2012, 12:51 AM
1283 yds total so far on 224 all purpose attempts

In 143 all purpose attempts, Spiller has just over 900 yds

AD has only 3 games without 20 or more touches

Spiller has had 0 games with 20 or more touches, in fact he hasnt gotten more than 18 all around touches

Not comparing them as players, or saying ones better at all. Just showing again how under utilized he is

BADTHINGSMAN
11-15-2012, 01:00 AM
No doubt in my mind Spiller would lead in rushing and possibly all purpose yards if the Bills actually used him more.

X-Era
11-15-2012, 05:44 AM
No doubt in my mind Spiller would lead in rushing and possibly all purpose yards if the Bills actually used him more.
1st in the league with 7.3 yards per carry should leave you no doubt.

jamze132
11-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Hopefully Spiller with show is ass off tonight since he's finally getting an opportunity this season to showcase. Unless Gailey gives Jackson's touches to Choice. LOL

scartown
11-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Spillers 7.26 per carry is historically good. He's the only the 5th player since 1920 to average that with at least 82 carries.
http://pfref.com/tiny/YsGys

Night Train
11-15-2012, 06:19 AM
After seeing the type of injury and rehab Peterson went through, his production this year is quite remarkable.

Plus he does a lot more work between the tackles than people realize. I really admire his play.

casdhf
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM
I may be in the minority, but I don't mind limiting CJ's carries. He's a small guy and is easily lit up, if we have a quality guy that can share the load, why not do so?

TigerJ
11-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I don't doubt that CJ Spiller could lead the league in yardage if he had comparable carries to Adrian Peterson. I also know that Adrian Peterson has had some major injuries in his NFL career. Not that a player can't blow out a knee on his first play from scrimmage in an NFL season, but when it comes to running backs, the more carries, the higher the odds of a season ending injury. Plus, the smaller the player, the greater it seems like the risk of injury can be. Adrian Peterson is huge compared with CJ Spiller. Fred Jackson doesn't have the gaudy yards per carry stat that CJ Spiller does, but there's no question he's still a very productive back. My own "druthers" would be that CJ Spiller gets more carries than he's getting, maybe flip flopping with Fred Jackson, but I don't mind a bit that they are sharing the load. The day when Fred Jackson retires and CJ Spiller has to carry the main load is coming soon enough.

X-Era
11-15-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't doubt that CJ Spiller could lead the league in yardage if he had comparable carries to Adrian Peterson. I also know that Adrian Peterson has had some major injuries in his NFL career. Not that a player can't blow out a knee on his first play from scrimmage in an NFL season, but when it comes to running backs, the more carries, the higher the odds of a season ending injury. Plus, the smaller the player, the greater it seems like the risk of injury can be. Adrian Peterson is huge compared with CJ Spiller. Fred Jackson doesn't have the gaudy yards per carry stat that CJ Spiller does, but there's no question he's still a very productive back. My own "druthers" would be that CJ Spiller gets more carries than he's getting, maybe flip flopping with Fred Jackson, but I don't mind a bit that they are sharing the load. The day when Fred Jackson retires and CJ Spiller has to carry the main load is coming soon enough.
When he was the starter he did lead the league in yards... Week 1 and 2 he got 14 and 15 carries respectively and after two weeks led the league in yards.

In games where he got 12 or more carries (4 total so far this year), he averaged 112.5 per game. That would make him the #2 RB in the league, Peterson has 112.8... So he would be off by 0.3 yards per game.

Not giving him 12 or more carries a game is a mismanagement of talent.

justasportsfan
11-15-2012, 08:33 AM
I may be in the minority, but I don't mind limiting CJ's carries. He's a small guy and is easily lit up, if we have a quality guy that can share the load, why not do so?

when FJ is healthy I would run Spiller as much and have FJ come in to relieve him. I love Fj but Spiller is a gamebreaker and can cause teams to change their plans.

JoeMama
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
We have no hope of being a good team anytime soon, so why add the mileage to CJ's body and shorten his career?

Who knows, maybe we'll be good sometime before Spiller turns 40. And then won't we be happy we kept him in good shape?

/sarcasm

I don't get this team. They stretch on Spiller early in the 2010 draft then they refuse to use him.

Nothing this team does makes sense.

TigerJ
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
When he was the starter he did lead the league in yards... Week 1 and 2 he got 14 and 15 carries respectively and after two weeks led the league in yards.

In games where he got 12 or more carries (4 total so far this year), he averaged 112.5 per game. That would make him the #2 RB in the league, Peterson has 112.8... So he would be off by 0.3 yards per game.

Not giving him 12 or more carries a game is a mismanagement of talent. I do agree with you, that 12-15 carries is not going to run the guy into the ground. That would be my preference, and I think that would net him 1500 rushing yards in a season, or more.

Syderick
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Fred Jackson is still decent and wants the carries. So they've been trying to balance it out between the 2 RBs. Tonight's game will probably feature Spiller as the main back, with Choice carrying it a few times.

kingJofNYC
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Can you imagine Spiller on the Saints w/ Payton or on the Pats?

They'd feed him the ball constantly, he'd be a terror with a QB that can get him the ball anywhere on the field.

stuckincincy
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM

They'd feed him the ball constantly, he'd be a terror with a QB that can get him the ball anywhere on the field.

He'd have a spy on him, and his little bones would be broken. He's a scat back, with a great eye for the hole. Kinda like Reggie Bush or tobasco sauce - use sparingly.

kingJofNYC
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
He'd have a spy on him, and his little bones would be broken. He's a scat back, with a great eye for the hole. Kinda like Reggie Bush or tobasco sauce - use sparingly.

Thanks for posting Chan!

stuckincincy
11-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for posting Chan!

Well, somebody has to "shoulder" the burden... :band:

Mr. Pink
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM

A Spiller type back is on the Saints....Darren Sproles.

Spiller would get more catches on the Saints and his carries would remain about the same.