PDA

View Full Version : Squish The Fish

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Been a long time since we played Miami and nobody had a thread with this title, so it had to be done. No matter how bad our year gets we always need to squish the fish.

MTBillsFan
11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I hate the fish! I always have, I always will!
GO BILLS!

Syderick
11-15-2012, 12:54 PM
:squish: :fishfry:

Jaydog57
11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Buffalo Burgers w/ sauteed mushrooms & onions w/ pepper jack cheese tonight at my place. Hope it's a good game.:peace:

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Yay! We might be able to go 4-6 instead of 3-7!

Yeah, I know, everyone's gonna get pissed at me for "raining on the parade," but it is what it is. I miss the 90's when playoff positioning and the division title rested on division games between the Bills and the Fish.

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Yay! We might be able to go 4-6 instead of 3-7!

Yeah, I know, everyone's gonna get pissed at me for "raining on the parade," but it is what it is. I miss the 90's when playoff positioning and the division title rested on division games between the Bills and the Fish.

Stop trying to piss in everybody's Cheerios, it's the god damn Fish!

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Stop trying to piss in everybody's Cheerios, it's the god damn Fish!

Stop eating a bowl of toenail clippings and convincing yourself that they're Cheerios.

stuckincincy
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Stop eating a bowl of toenail clippings and convincing yourself that they're Cheerios.

Jeeze, be quiet, Opi. "Squish the Fish" is a tradition. What's the matta wid you? :earpoke:

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Jeeze, be quite, Opi. "Squish the Fish" is a tradition. What's the matta wid you? :earpoke:

Just finding it hard to get excited when we have another season that's over by early November.

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Just finding it hard to get excited when we have another season that's over by early November.

Then don't watch.

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM

No its still a bowl of Cheerios, that's the one concept you've never seem to understand. As I told somebody just a few weeks ago here I still find a reason to enjoy each and every Bills game. If there was ever a point I stopped enjoying it, I would simply stop watching.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 02:02 PM
No its still a bowl of Cheerios, that's the one concept you've never seem to understand. As I told somebody just a few weeks ago here I still find a reason to enjoy each and every Bills game. If there was ever a point I stopped enjoying it, I would simply stop watching.

I don't understand that mentality. As a fan, you want the team to win by definition. If the team doesn't win, what's to enjoy? The only way it makes sense is if you make the enjoyment about something other than winning, and that doesn't make sense in and of itself. With the way this team plays I usually don't enjoy the games, but oh well, that's life. Just because it's supposed to be entertainment and fun doesn't mean it's going to be enjoyable.

TigerJ
11-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Anyone who has done much fishing knows that fixed the right way, most fish are good to eat, even those we don't usually associate with eating, like carp and suckers. To cook carp, you have to first strip the mud vein that runs down each side of the fish. If you don't the carp will be infused with the flavor of mud in which they love to feed. Suckers have to be caught when the water is cold. They are boney, but cold caught suckers are tasty. When the weather turns warm, the cooked flesh turns mushy. Now when the bottom feeder Dolphins come to town, we don't want to eat them. That might make us gag. Since we're not going to eat them, we can turn the heat up on these suckers and watch them turn to mush!

stuckincincy
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Anyone who has done much fishing knows that fixed the right way, most fish are good to eat, even those we don't usually associate with eating, like carp and suckers. To cook carp, you have to first strip the mud vein that runs down each side of the fish. If you don't the carp will be infused with the flavor of mud in which they love to feed. Suckers have to be caught when the water is cold. They are boney, but cold caught suckers are tasty. When the weather turns warm, the cooked flesh turns mushy. Now when the bottom feeder Dolphins come to town, we don't want to eat them. That might make us gag. Since we're not going to eat them, we can turn the heat up on these suckers and watch them turn to mush!

:cas: Mush 'em!

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't understand that mentality. As a fan, you want the team to win by definition. If the team doesn't win, what's to enjoy? The only way it makes sense is if you make the enjoyment about something other than winning, and that doesn't make sense in and of itself. With the way this team plays I usually don't enjoy the games, but oh well, that's life. Just because it's supposed to be entertainment and fun doesn't mean it's going to be enjoyable.
I'm not surprised, you operate in a view that is only black or white. There is plenty of things to enjoy from a loss and plenty of things to dislike from a win. Like you said though that's life.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm not surprised, you operate in a view that is only black or white. There is plenty of things to enjoy from a loss and plenty of things to dislike from a win. Like you said though that's life.

I can see disliking things from a win because it has implications for future games. But the goal is always to win. If we do a million things right but end up losing, well, we still lost and failed to reach the goal.

Joe Fo Sho
11-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Enjoy being a fan! Get together with friends a root for the Bills. It's better when they win obviously, but that's not the only reason I like them. This team has the best fans in sports. I would rather enjoy the Bills while they're losing than become a bandwagon fan of another team.

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I can see disliking things from a win because it has implications for future games. But the goal is always to win. If we do a million things right but end up losing, well, we still lost and failed to reach the goal.

Your premise is flawed.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Your premise is flawed.

No it's not. There is nothing fun or enjoyable about losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy being a fan! Get together with friends a root for the Bills. It's better when they win obviously, but that's not the only reason I like them. This team has the best fans in sports. I would rather enjoy the Bills while they're losing than become a bandwagon fan of another team.

I don't know any other Bills fans in Baltimore except R.Rich, and I'm far too cheap to go to a bar and watch the game when it's on at home for free.

Mike13
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Its always fun bumping these threads when we beat the Bills.
Lets hope for a Dolphins win.
Maybe then I'd bump it every day for a week?

DraftBoy
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
No it's not. There is nothing fun or enjoyable about losing.

That wasn't your premise. And are you really going to argue you can't find things to dislike in a win but you can find nothing like in a loss? That's really weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Its always fun bumping these threads when we beat the Bills.
Lets hope for a Dolphins win.
Maybe then I'd bump it every day for a week?

Don't worry Op and I will take care of that for you Im sure.

Jaydog57
11-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I think we'll come out with a win, and it won't be a blowout, but I think my team is pissed enough after last week to make it happen. Losing a tough one is close, but losing by a blowout at home can get you motivated. :peace: