PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson: "It's time to turn it around"

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Really Stevie?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Stevie-Johnson-It%E2%80%99s-time-to-turn-it-around/c3cc710f-8913-40d2-b464-5254592b0792

While I can't fault him for the attitude, It's WAY past time to turn it around. They started to turn it around after the loss to the Jets with two straight wins, but then they choked against NE and SF. A win there against NE would have REALLY turned things around. That was the first chance to turn things around. The second chance was at home against Ten. The third chance was after the bye against Houston. Now, it's too little, too late. 6 losses, 5 in the conference and 3 in the division. There is no turning it around from here.

Mr. Miyagi
11-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Tank it and take a QB in the first.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM

Nah, that's not the Buffalo way.

We have to take a CB in the first with our top 15 pick (probably top 10), then trade back into the end of the first round to take a QB that every other team and every draft prognosticator has given a 3rd round grade. Then, next year, when there's a much better QB class, we won't have a first rounder and we'll watch 3 other teams find their franchise QB for the next decade.

trapezeus
11-15-2012, 10:56 AM
thing is though, you cna't have quitters on the team. they must have felt they were very close to winning. and without the patriots being gifted 21 points, they win that game. the offense moved very efficiently in a way it hasn't all year. they had consistent drives and scored TDs.

so from a players standpoint, you probably feel like, "we fumbled and turned the ball over. and we got jobbed on penalties, but maybe we did that to ourselves. if we clean that up, we can win games."

i still don't think this is the year to tank. the playoffs are still a remote possibility. a win here, puts them in the hunt.

they are a terrible team with 0 chance to go to the superbowl. but they also have a terrible front office with zero chance to select a qb in a thin class.

might as well have fun as a fan and see one playoff game.

kishoph
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
On the Fred Jackson show, they asked him if he thought the New England game was the start of a turn around for the team, and he emphatically said NO.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
thing is though, you cna't have quitters on the team. they must have felt they were very close to winning. and without the patriots being gifted 21 points, they win that game. the offense moved very efficiently in a way it hasn't all year. they had consistent drives and scored TDs.

so from a players standpoint, you probably feel like, "we fumbled and turned the ball over. and we got jobbed on penalties, but maybe we did that to ourselves. if we clean that up, we can win games."

i still don't think this is the year to tank. the playoffs are still a remote possibility. a win here, puts them in the hunt.

they are a terrible team with 0 chance to go to the superbowl. but they also have a terrible front office with zero chance to select a qb in a thin class.

might as well have fun as a fan and see one playoff game.
Like I said, I don't have a problem with the attitude. I have a problem with the timing.

They should have been thinking and playing like this 6 weeks ago, and then maybe we'd be somewhere.

jamze132
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Couldn't agree more Op. it's like the entire team went into the season expecting opponents to lay down. When that didn't happen, the players and "leaders" of the team just sat back and expected their fellow teammates to step up. When THAT didn't happen, the "leaders" are speaking up about urgency to right the ship finally. But there's a problem with that; it's too little, too late.

Oaf
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Could have seen this thread coming.

Billsfan3
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
there were 3-6 in the 2004 season to start season and they won 6 in a row and they just had to win there last game to get in which they did not... So you cant count us out yet..

JoeMama
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
We're not going anywhere with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

He's not a guy who can lead you to the playoffs.

He's not even a guy who can you to the "coveted" 7-9 record that defined us during the Dickball era.

Nice guy, bad QB. Cut him after the season ends and move forward.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 12:43 PM
there were 3-6 in the 2004 season to start season and they won 6 in a row and they just had to win there last game to get in which they did not... So you cant count us out yet..

yes you can, because if by some miracle we actually win the next 6, we will choke against the Jets. This team can't win big games.

JoeMama
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
yes you can, because if by some miracle we actually win the next 6, we will choke against the Jets. This team can't win big games.

The Jets aren't even a "big game" in the big picture.

We can't even win the ****bowl.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 12:52 PM
The Jets aren't even a "big game" in the big picture.

We can't even win the ****bowl.
well, if we win 6 in a row, the Jets game will be a big game. But as I already said, it would take a miracle for that to happen. This team is going to go 0-6 in the division so best case scenario is 7-8 going into the Jets game and even that's highly unlikely.

TrEd FTW
11-15-2012, 01:11 PM

The 2004 Bills gave up 284 points in 16 games. The 2012 Bills have given up 285 points in nine games. This team is going nowhere.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
The 2004 Bills gave up 284 points in 16 games. The 2012 Bills have given up 285 points in nine games. This team is going nowhere.

Ouch, that's a scary stat.

We could shut out our last 7 opponents and would STILL be worse than the 2004 D in terms of points allowed. Embarrassing.

Oaf
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I think we all realize it's too little too late. You don't have to berate the point lol. You expect Stevie to play as big of a dead horse as you're beating right now?

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I think we all realize it's too little too late. You don't have to berate the point lol. You expect Stevie to play as big of a dead horse as you're beating right now?

no, as a vet with a big contract, I expect Stevie to be a leader and say **** like this after the first bad loss, then go out on the field and play like he means what he said. So far he hasn't done either one.

SabreEleven
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
It was time to turn it around 10 years ago.

Joe Fo Sho
11-15-2012, 03:14 PM

When has this team ever been in a big game? The biggest game that players from this team have been in is an early season game versus New England.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
When has this team ever been in a big game? The biggest game that players from this team have been in is an early season game versus New England.

night game, division game, NE with their backs up against the wall early this season- anything like that and they just choke.

Luisito23
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
This team can't win big games.

Especially against divisional opponents.

Joe Fo Sho
11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
night game, division game, NE with their backs up against the wall early this season- anything like that and they just choke.

It's sad that those are the 'big games' for this team.

OpIv37
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
yes it is

YardRat
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
YardRat : "No ****".

Mike
11-15-2012, 10:17 PM
well, if we win 6 in a row, the Jets game will be a big game. But as I already said, it would take a miracle for that to happen. This team is going to go 0-6 in the division so best case scenario is 7-8 going into the Jets game and even that's highly unlikely.

Here is how I see it:
1) if Bills pull of miracle they go into week 17 with a chance to go to Playoffs they blow it!
2) if they meet expectations & go into week 17 with nothing to pay for, they win!

JoeMama
11-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Woo, 2nd in the AFC East, can you say BANDWAGON???

What an ugly, awful game.

I'll take it all the same.

Oaf
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Here is how I see it:
1) if Bills pull of miracle they go into week 17 with a chance to go to Playoffs they blow it!
2) if they meet expectations & go into week 17 with nothing to pay for, they win!

Haha, right on. Someone should sent this to the Bills.

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM

oooooor.....win and take a QB in the first.