PDA

View Full Version : 1st win in Prime Time since 2001...

imbondz
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
did I see that stat right? It seems like it's been that long, but that's crazy if true.

TrEd FTW
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah. Eleven straight prime-time losses before tonight.

ServoBillieves
11-15-2012, 11:03 PM
And it will be lost in history.

kingJofNYC
11-15-2012, 11:05 PM
did I see that stat right? It seems like it's been that long, but that's crazy if true.

Yeah, I think the last one that they came close to winning was the Pats game they blew on MNF. Don't think they've been on since.

Skooby
11-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Primetime team baby, highest ratings ratings on a Thursday night game ever at the end.

imbondz
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Primetime team baby, highest ratings ratings on a Thursday night game ever at the end.

if true, everyone got to see a horrible game

IAG
11-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I remember that 2001 game...Rob Johnson rallied the troops with a 2 minute drill and some throws to a one Larry Centers and got the team in position to kick the game winning field goal. Mark Brunell was picked by Tavarse Tillman at the end of the game...One of our 3 wins that year and only win by RJ. AVP got the other two versus Carolina and NYJets at the Meadowlands.

ServoBillieves
11-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I remember that 2001 game...Rob Johnson rallied the troops with a 2 minute drill and some throws to a one Larry Centers and got the team in position to kick the game winning field goal. Mark Brunell was picked by Tavarse Tillman at the end of the game...One of our 3 wins that year and only win by RJ. AVP got the other two versus Carolina and NYJets at the Meadowlands.

Nicely done.

trapezeus
11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
i'm kind of stunned we played 11 primetime games since 2001 to be honest.

i remember the dallas game, the handful of pats games, and that's about it. i thought the last win was the payback season openner against the titans.

xXSpIkes5IXx
11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
i'm kind of stunned we played 11 primetime games since 2001 to be honest.

i remember the dallas game, the handful of pats games, and that's about it. i thought the last win was the payback season openner against the titans.

Don't forget the Browns game where Trent Edwards threw 3 picks in the first half, then we came all the way back to lose on a last second field goal! Also the game against Miami in 2003 where we lost because they called a redzone half back pass with Travis Henry that was picked off.

ServoBillieves
11-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't forget the Browns game where Trent Edwards threw 3 picks in the first half, then we came all the way back to lose on a last second field goal! Also the game against Miami in 2003 where we lost because they called a redzone half back pass with Travis Henry that was picked off.

Was that the one where Coy Wire blocked the punt in the endzone?

MTBillsFan
11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
I musta been drunk for all of those games...

imbondz
11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
that Browns Monday night game was another suck the life out of me games

Ginger Vitis
11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Was that the one where Coy Wire blocked the punt in the endzone?

I think that was against the Chiefs in 2003 on a Sunday night..Kansas City 38 Buffalo 5

RedEyE
11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
How did such a positive topic turn so quick? I'm sick to my stomach remembering those primetime losses.

OpIv37
11-16-2012, 11:34 AM
How did such a positive topic turn so quick? I'm sick to my stomach remembering those primetime losses.

12 years of sucking. If you want to discuss the team, there is only enough positive to keep you going for a couple of minutes. After that, the topic has to change or else the negative will start coming out.

trapezeus
11-16-2012, 01:03 PM
you want positive? i am know standing firm in my belief that hte bills are now the 2008 giants. lost to the pats in a game that was surprisingly close. now the bills go on a tear.

Who is with me?

Mski
11-16-2012, 02:04 PM
you want positive? i am know standing firm in my belief that hte bills are now the 2008 giants. lost to the pats in a game that was surprisingly close. now the bills go on a tear.

Who is with me?
*sigh* i hate to admit it, but thats where i am too... i believe 9 wins will get us in the playoffs... thats 5 more with games against St Luis, Indy, Jax, Sea, Miami, and the Jets, that means going 4-2... i think its highly unlikely but completely plausible

trapezeus
11-16-2012, 02:20 PM
normally after a season as pathetic as this, i would be all for tanking so that we are truly exposed as what we are. but with the afc east so bad, and us pretty much putting the nail in the dolphin's coffin, its between the pats who are very vulnerable if they weren't gifted two divisional games and the jets who are in full on meltdown.

so that means, we can get that wildcard spot if we keep winning.

and with the draft class so weak, whoever we want should be available to us because qb's are dropping. maybe that works in our favor. who knows.

last year was the year to tank. this year is the year to hope you get hot at the end and go on a magical run.

IAG
11-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Go Bills!!!!!

Generalissimus Gibby
11-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Lets see we stank up the joint at home against Cleveland, suffered our worse loss in franchise history against New England, Lost to Dallas (I can't remember, but I think all three happened in 07), We also lost the Brewski Bowl (remember, the one where we were all hoping the bastard would have another stroke just to shut up the ESPN crew), the McFumbles Game at New England back in 09, lost to the Fish and got killed by the Chiefs in 2003, if I recall right we also got murdered by San Fransisco like 35-0 back in 2001 on Sunday Night, we also got murdered at home by Denver back in 2005 on Sunday Night. What were the other three?

imbondz
11-16-2012, 04:16 PM

Who is with me?

UGH. Pleeeease. That Giants team was amazing. That game they lost against the Patriots in the last game of the season, was two excellent teams battling it out. We are FARRRRRRRR from either of those teams right now...but I'll at least say we've possibly turned a corner.

Jeff1220
11-16-2012, 05:26 PM
It would take a string of quality wins before I start to believe this could happen. I just hope the D can build off last night. Their effort was definitely noticeable, where their lack of effort was noticeable in previous weeks.

Tiburon1724
11-16-2012, 09:46 PM
wasn't the Washington game in Toronto prime time?

better days
11-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah. Eleven straight prime-time losses before tonight.

I seriously doubt the Bills have played in 6 prime time games since 2001, let alone 11.