• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

CJ Spiller is Trade Bait

???????. Does this explain limiting his carries? Keeping him at such an amazing YPC and significantly lowering his risk of injury. Has there even been a RB who seems that valuable in a trade? And all this talk about drafting a QB??????? Smoke screen? I'm officially reporting this news!!!!!
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: CJ Spiller is Trade Bait

Die.

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

I don't even know what to say.
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
        My IQ Test results came back negative
        • Oct 2002

Yes let's trade our best player by far. That will help us win! Run and stop the run.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
          Yes let's trade our best player by far. That will help us win! Run and stop the run.
          Typ0 is providing a bit sarcasm.

But I don't know I want to fault Galley for it too much. He really rode Spiller yesterday. On a couple of 70+ yard drives, Spiller probably got 40+ yards for the Bills. He needs a break. Plus, in the redzone area, Spiller will be less effective because of the limited space and take harder poundings (remember the fumble in the 1st NE game?). I see what Gailey is thinking. But Choice is simply not Jackson who's trying to play Jackson's role.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Benching CJ Spiller for Tashard Choice in the red zone is a perfect example of Chan Gailey trying to cram a square peg in a round hole.

Freddy Jackson usually handles the goal line stuff, I get that. He's a hard inside runner. But just because Jackson is out doesn't mean Gailey should automatically hand that role over to his backup.

There's absolutely no excuse for Choice to be the exclusive red zone back in Jackson's absence. There isn't a single thing he does better than Spiller.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I disagree. We're using Powell to trade with Colts for Luck.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

NO... C'mon man

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I am not being sarcastic at all. We need a QB to compete. And we can't get a guy on the open market because the good ones aren't interested in coming here. What can we do to get a guy on a team that is a competent starter? Trade CJ with a team that needs a superstar RB and has two (or more) good QBs on their roster.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                    Benching CJ Spiller for Tashard Choice in the red zone is a perfect example of Chan Gailey trying to cram a square peg in a round hole.

Freddy Jackson usually handles the goal line stuff, I get that. He's a hard inside runner. But just because Jackson is out doesn't mean Gailey should automatically hand that role over to his backup.

There's absolutely no excuse for Choice to be the exclusive red zone back in Jackson's absence. There isn't a single thing he does better than Spiller.
                    I agree. I think Spiller ended with 19 carries. That's double his usual load, but I think he gives you a lot more potential to score touchdowns with him in the lineup. I don't buy the trade bait notion at all though.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

I think Spiller has to be the guy you build around. Regardless of what mystical value we could conjure up, RBs are a dime a dozen and therefore Spiller is worth more to us physically than what would be on the offering table. In other words, Spillers value won't get you a Franchise QB, and a backup to FJ. It just gets you another young question mark.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                        ???????. Does this explain limiting his carries? Keeping him at such an amazing YPC and significantly lowering his risk of injury. Has there even been a RB who seems that valuable in a trade? And all this talk about drafting a QB??????? Smoke screen? I'm officially reporting this news!!!!!
                        I'm officially telling you that you're crazy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

Also, Gailey said in his press conference that Spiller is taken out because he is winded. I don't know that I believe that but that was the excuse offered.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Lol- he's winded because he has to run 20 yards just to pick up 3.

Comment

• gloveus
                              • Sep 2010

Not only was Spiller not used in the red zone, but I found it baffling at the number of 3rd down plays Choice was out there for.

Comment

Working...
                              X