PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller is Trade Bait

Typ0
11-16-2012, 06:51 AM
???????. Does this explain limiting his carries? Keeping him at such an amazing YPC and significantly lowering his risk of injury. Has there even been a RB who seems that valuable in a trade? And all this talk about drafting a QB??????? Smoke screen? I'm officially reporting this news!!!!!

coastal
11-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Die.

Mindbender
11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't even know what to say.

BillsOwnAll
11-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Yes let's trade our best player by far. That will help us win! Run and stop the run.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes let's trade our best player by far. That will help us win! Run and stop the run.
Typ0 is providing a bit sarcasm.

But I don't know I want to fault Galley for it too much. He really rode Spiller yesterday. On a couple of 70+ yard drives, Spiller probably got 40+ yards for the Bills. He needs a break. Plus, in the redzone area, Spiller will be less effective because of the limited space and take harder poundings (remember the fumble in the 1st NE game?). I see what Gailey is thinking. But Choice is simply not Jackson who's trying to play Jackson's role.

JoeMama
11-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Benching CJ Spiller for Tashard Choice in the red zone is a perfect example of Chan Gailey trying to cram a square peg in a round hole.

Freddy Jackson usually handles the goal line stuff, I get that. He's a hard inside runner. But just because Jackson is out doesn't mean Gailey should automatically hand that role over to his backup.

There's absolutely no excuse for Choice to be the exclusive red zone back in Jackson's absence. There isn't a single thing he does better than Spiller.

justasportsfan
11-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I disagree. We're using Powell to trade with Colts for Luck.

Jaybird
11-16-2012, 09:45 AM
NO... C'mon man

Typ0
11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I am not being sarcastic at all. We need a QB to compete. And we can't get a guy on the open market because the good ones aren't interested in coming here. What can we do to get a guy on a team that is a competent starter? Trade CJ with a team that needs a superstar RB and has two (or more) good QBs on their roster.

TigerJ
11-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Benching CJ Spiller for Tashard Choice in the red zone is a perfect example of Chan Gailey trying to cram a square peg in a round hole.

Freddy Jackson usually handles the goal line stuff, I get that. He's a hard inside runner. But just because Jackson is out doesn't mean Gailey should automatically hand that role over to his backup.

There's absolutely no excuse for Choice to be the exclusive red zone back in Jackson's absence. There isn't a single thing he does better than Spiller.

I agree. I think Spiller ended with 19 carries. That's double his usual load, but I think he gives you a lot more potential to score touchdowns with him in the lineup. I don't buy the trade bait notion at all though.

RedEyE
11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I think Spiller has to be the guy you build around. Regardless of what mystical value we could conjure up, RBs are a dime a dozen and therefore Spiller is worth more to us physically than what would be on the offering table. In other words, Spillers value won't get you a Franchise QB, and a backup to FJ. It just gets you another young question mark.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2012, 10:54 AM
???????. Does this explain limiting his carries? Keeping him at such an amazing YPC and significantly lowering his risk of injury. Has there even been a RB who seems that valuable in a trade? And all this talk about drafting a QB??????? Smoke screen? I'm officially reporting this news!!!!!

I'm officially telling you that you're crazy.

BertSquirtgum
11-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Also, Gailey said in his press conference that Spiller is taken out because he is winded. I don't know that I believe that but that was the excuse offered.

RedEyE
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Lol- he's winded because he has to run 20 yards just to pick up 3.

gloveus
11-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Not only was Spiller not used in the red zone, but I found it baffling at the number of 3rd down plays Choice was out there for.

OpIv37
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM
I am not being sarcastic at all. We need a QB to compete. And we can't get a guy on the open market because the good ones aren't interested in coming here. What can we do to get a guy on a team that is a competent starter? Trade CJ with a team that needs a superstar RB and has two (or more) good QBs on their roster.

what team is sitting out there with an extra QB that's good enough to be worth giving up Spiller?

HAMMER
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
This thread is a giant penis.

jimmifli
11-16-2012, 12:21 PM

http://gifs.gifbin.com/032010/1269259657_omg_cat.gif

justasportsfan
11-16-2012, 12:49 PM

I'll trade Spiller for a gamebreaking qb. Know one?

SquishDaFish
11-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Um NO

Skooby
11-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Drugs are bad, mmm OK.

Buffalogic
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Thread creator, do us all a favor and pour a cup of hot coffee on your computer

SpillerThrills
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Gailey also said in his presser (according to Moving the Chains on Sirius) that they weren't comfortable with CJ getting the ball on third and short situations. I'm not sure that I buy that excuse, but that's what I've heard.

Typ0
11-16-2012, 05:07 PM
what team is sitting out there with an extra QB that's good enough to be worth giving up Spiller?

I don't think we would really know this guy. I know it sounds absolutely crazy but we have a history of dumping our best players. Heck, it's sad that our punter has been our best player for years and look what just happened to him. If we are going to keep Spiller we should be looking at restructuring his contract this offseason...and it really comes down to value and return. IE what strides would we make by moving him? The guy is exciting enough to be the missing piece to another team with championship hopes....we need more pieces and more $$$$....

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is a giant penis.

that's exactly why it's so comfortable coming out of your mouth...

elltrain22
11-16-2012, 10:47 PM
After this win against Miami, I expected to read posts like "Spiller needs to start all the time" or "Spiller is way better than Jackson", or if I were creating my own thread, I'd call it "Spiller=recipe for a win." Instead, we get none of that, and a posts that suggests that we should, perhaps, trade our best player on this team. Do you know how stupid of an idea that is?? Let me point out several things that CJ does when he plays a majority of snaps.

1. He is a homerun threat at anytime- anytime you watch CJ run, you always think it could be a TD, especially on screen plays

2. When he plays alot, we get more first downs, we control the clock & TOP, and most of all, we rest our defense

3. B/C we do #2, our defense is 100% better

4. Our passing game opens up, b/c we feature our run game & screen game, which opens up alot of open intermediate/long passing plays

#5 (and most important). We win football games ( KC, Cleveland, and Miami)

seriously, tell me 1 thing I've said that is even 1% incorrect; bet ya can't!!

Mr. Pink
11-17-2012, 03:11 AM
2. When he plays alot, we get more first downs, we control the clock & TOP, and most of all, we rest our defense

4. Our passing game opens up, b/c we feature our run game & screen game, which opens up alot of open intermediate/long passing plays

I can dispute 2-5 very easily with just 1 game. The Jet game.

CJ had 14 carries for 169 yards 1 TD and we still lost by 20. 16 touches vs 6 for Fred Jackson. Fitz threw for 195 yards and 3 INTs. The defense that does allegedly better with more rest gave up 41 points in that game, 7 was via a Fitz pick 6. We also did not control TOP as we lost 31:30 to 28:30. We had 20 first downs that game to NY's 21 though.

And that Cleveland game you mentioned? Choice put up a similar statline against the Browns that CJ did against the Fish.

Maybe we should go with when Choice gets the majority of the snaps and carries on offense the Bills win! Because that is actually 100% accurate and correct. We're 1-0 when he does.

MikeNC
11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
We need a thumbs down button....

dannyek71
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
CJ getting > 15-20 touches a game is going to invariably lead to his injury. This isn't "hating" against CJ. Just look at the history of smaller, speedster types of backs.

YardRat
11-18-2012, 11:06 AM
After this win against Miami, I expected to read posts like "Spiller needs to start all the time" or "Spiller is way better than Jackson", or if I were creating my own thread, I'd call it "Spiller=recipe for a win." Instead, we get none of that, and a posts that suggests that we should, perhaps, trade our best player on this team. Do you know how stupid of an idea that is?? Let me point out several things that CJ does when he plays a majority of snaps.

1. He is a homerun threat at anytime- anytime you watch CJ run, you always think it could be a TD, especially on screen plays

He has exactly one TD from Buffalo's side of the field, the 56 yard run against the Jets in the opener. His longest reception is 32 yards (also a TD). He still has yet to display the 'threat to score every time he touches the ball from anywhere on the field'...I'm sorry, it just isn't there.

Extremebillsfan247
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
???????. Does this explain limiting his carries? Keeping him at such an amazing YPC and significantly lowering his risk of injury. Has there even been a RB who seems that valuable in a trade? And all this talk about drafting a QB??????? Smoke screen? I'm officially reporting this news!!!!! They won't trade Spiller.