PDA

View Full Version : How I See the Sked the Rest of the Way

IAG
11-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Everyone seems to be weighing in on how the Bills will do the rest of the way...I figured I would give my thoughts. I believe it will come down to our game next week with Indy. With a win, we got a chance. We will have the tiebreaker and a chance to string games together. Without a win over the Colts, we are out IMO. Assuming to make the playoffs we have to beat the Colts, let's see what we have in front of us...it is not all that bad.

@ Indy W...explained above
Jacksonville W...old friend Mike Mularkey. I liked him, our last best season was with him. However, his team is bad and the Ralph will be rocking after the win from the week before.
St. Louis W...quietly a tough game. However, we are at home and the Rams do not have enough weapons to beat the Bills
Seattle L...I hate the Toronto game. ALL games need to be in Orchard Park. Be that at as it may, I think the Bills have tough match up with the Seahawks. The Seabags are traveling east. However, I will give the win to Pete Carroll.
@ Miami W...think of all the plays we left on the table. Plus, we will be healthier. I see big romp.
New York W...Blowout for the Bills. Blowout City. The Jets run for the bus. The talk will be about Ryan getting fired. Sanchez getting the boot. All that circus crap comes to a boil and we go to the playoffs.

9-7. In the playoffs. The drought is over...See you the afternoon of Wildcard Weekend on NBC!

Go Bills!

RedEyE
11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Lol. I wish.

IAG
11-16-2012, 03:22 PM
I do not see why it is so far-fetched. I have believed in this squad all year. In a bad year in the AFC, why not?

ServoBillieves
11-16-2012, 03:25 PM
I can see 9-7, but it won't be a playoff berth.

RedEyE
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe I'm just a pessimist... but the blowout with the Jets season start, Rams beating the 49ers, I can see Marshawn Lynch running rampid on this front 7, the Dolphins won't be fooled by the screen game twice and actually had Fitz on the run in the second half last night, and the Colts are hot/cold.

As easily as you see them winning out, i can see them losing out.

Buffalogic
11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Rams tied the niners

HAMMER
11-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Maybe I'm just a pessimist... but the blowout with the Jets season start, Rams beating the 49ers, I can see Marshawn Lynch running rampid on this front 7, the Dolphins won't be fooled by the screen game twice and actually had Fitz on the run in the second half last night, and the Colts are hot/cold.

As easily as you see them winning out, i can see them losing out.

You must be a blast at parties.

Ed
11-16-2012, 04:17 PM
The key is beating the Colts. Hopefully this extra time to rest and prepare will give us a good shot to go into Indy and get the W. Assuming the Colts lose this weekend to the Pats and we win next week, we'd only be a game back of the Colts and hold a crucial tie-breaker. Plus they would still have two games against Houston.

The Steelers could be looking at a drop off too if Big Ben is out for a while. They have a tough schedule with a couple games against Baltimore in the next few weeks.

San Diego plays Denver this weekend and then Baltimore, so they could easily be looking at 4-7 by the end of next week.

Cincy has a pretty brutal schedule for their last five games. I could definitely see them finishing with 8 losses.

Buffalo definitely has a steep hill in front to get to the playoffs, but their schedule is at least favorable. I'm not going to hold my breath, but a win against Indy next week would probably get us right back in the hunt and at least make our first couple December home games pretty meaningful.

IAG
11-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I think we match up great with the Colts. Their ends/LB's come hard up the field so hard, we will screen them into the ground.

Typ0
11-16-2012, 04:53 PM
it is not rocket science it comes down to the next game...because this team is so bad they are already in a must win situation...and we will be riding this "we have a chance if we win next week" wave until we lose. I liken this to the one in a million chance we have to get with a girl we are hot for who is willing to flirt with us but not give us a date.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have a chance?

One in a million.....

WHO WHOO I HAVE A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

IAG
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
This game with the Colts is the biggest game since the home loss to Pittsburgh in 2004 finale.

Oaf
11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I do not see why it is so far-fetched. I have believed in this squad all year. In a bad year in the AFC, why not?

Here's why. We haven't been a team with a good QB since last year week 3. Colts = loss. Sea = loss. Jets = toss up. 7-9, 8-8 max.

YardRat
11-16-2012, 07:50 PM
There isn't a team left on the schedule that the Bills can't beat. Of course, there aren't any that they couldn't lose to, also.

IAG
11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Here's why. We haven't been a team with a good QB since last year week 3. Colts = loss. Sea = loss. Jets = toss up. 7-9, 8-8 max.

Russell Wilson and Mark Sanchez are big time QB's? Okay? I will take my chances. This Bills team can go to the playoffs...believe it.

BTW, don't sleep on the fact that the Colts are all jacked for Sunday's game with the Pats. Letdown City next week vs. Buffalo.

Mr. Miyagi
11-17-2012, 12:24 AM
LOL you want us to win 5 out of the next 6 games? When we couldn't beat Tennessee at home?

Playoffs just isn't in our future for this year. I've come to accept that.

Oaf
11-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Russell Wilson and Mark Sanchez are big time QB's? Okay? I will take my chances. This Bills team can go to the playoffs...believe it.

BTW, don't sleep on the fact that the Colts are all jacked for Sunday's game with the Pats. Letdown City next week vs. Buffalo.

We beat a team at home who couldn't cross the 50 until the 4th quarter and this is what happens. I'm no Op, but this is lmao material.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Everyone seems to be weighing in on how the Bills will do the rest of the way...I figured I would give my thoughts. I believe it will come down to our game next week with Indy. With a win, we got a chance. We will have the tiebreaker and a chance to string games together. Without a win over the Colts, we are out IMO. Assuming to make the playoffs we have to beat the Colts, let's see what we have in front of us...it is not all that bad.

@ Indy W...explained above Luck is a good qb with good receivers, we are going to lose this one. 4-7
Jacksonville W...old friend Mike Mularkey. I liked him, our last best season was with him. However, his team is bad and the Ralph will be rocking after the win from the week before. I agree, we have no excuse to lose this one and I don't think we will 5-7
St. Louis W...quietly a tough game. However, we are at home and the Rams do not have enough weapons to beat the Bills We should be able to win this one, but they have Jeff Fischer and that boy has a penchant for beating us. I don't think this year is any different. 5-8
Seattle L...I hate the Toronto game. ALL games need to be in Orchard Park. Be that at as it may, I think the Bills have tough match up with the Seahawks. The Seabags are traveling east. However, I will give the win to Pete Carroll. I actually think we win this one 6-8
@ Miami W...think of all the plays we left on the table. Plus, we will be healthier. I see big romp. I think there is a very real possibility that they split the series 6-9
New York W...Blowout for the Bills. Blowout City. The Jets run for the bus. The talk will be about Ryan getting fired. Sanchez getting the boot. All that circus crap comes to a boil and we go to the playoffs. Not a blowout, but I think we win 7-9. Good enough for Chan to stay, good enough for us to sink low enough to avoid getting a good draft pick, and good enough to keep us mediocre for the forseeable future.

9-7. In the playoffs. The drought is over...See you the afternoon of Wildcard Weekend on NBC!

Go Bills!

DynaPaul
11-17-2012, 06:29 AM
It's going to be somewhere in the middle. We won't win out or lose out. Don't underestimate any of these teams because they can just as easily string together some tough wins. I'm leaning towards 7 - 9 personally.

Ingtar33
11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
just one win brings these threads out... ugh

If my preseason prediction holds, we'll probably win the next 3 games... which will put us at 7-6... I can just hear the unfounded hysteria around here when that happens. I'm not sure I want to be around for the commiserating when they then drop the last 3 games of the season.

I don't see the Colts game as all that big of a challenge, its the Seatle game that will probably be the real test for the direction of the season. I mean if they win vs the colts the'll be 5-6 and still way outside, it's not a make or break, their season is basically done anyway. No... the make or break game is waiting for us in toronto, because at that point if they want to be in the playoffs they'll be 7-6, playing a very tough Seatle team. They'll need that game to make the playoffs and i don't see them good enough to win it.

RedEyE
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Rams tied the niners
Yes, yes they did.

Night Train
11-17-2012, 01:00 PM
I still take this team one week at a time and hate the redzone paycalling in many games.

Empty backfield and wildcat calls that fail on 3rd and short over and over. We win in spite of Gailey and Fitz.

D is improving but desperately needs LB's. Don't buy Sheppard or Barnett at all, going forward.

TigerJ
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I think every game the Bills play the rest of the season is winnable. Seattle will be the toughest. That's not a prediction, however. I'm not trying to predict. I don't think 9-7 is likely to be enough to snag a wild card spot. I think they need to run the table.

Skooby
11-17-2012, 02:13 PM
We barely beat a bad Miami team & expect to make the playoffs ?? I'm in.

MikeInRoch
11-17-2012, 03:33 PM
The frustrating thing is to consider how close we were to winning both the Titans and New England games. We'd be having a much different discussion if they had pulled both those games out.

YardRat
11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
The frustrating thing is to consider how close we were to winning both the Titans and New England games. We'd be having a much different discussion if they had pulled both those games out.

Well, the discussion would probably be the same, actually, but the 'making-the-playoffs' side would at least have a little bit of credibility.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM

No, the frustrating thing is to consider how close we were to sweeping the Pats and winning the Titans game. However, instead we stole defeat from the jaws of victory three times. A good team knows how to win close games, we don't. I know, I know, the Pats home game was a blow out but that's because we laid down and died against them in the fourth quarter. Now, if we had won those three games we would be 7-3 and yeah, I could support saying there are 3 to 4 wins on this schedule. However, we couldn't get it done and therefore we will be irrelevant by early December once again.

Oaf
11-17-2012, 05:45 PM
To be fair, we probably should have lost the AZ game because of the way we played.

Ed
11-17-2012, 06:53 PM
We barely beat a bad Miami team & expect to make the playoffs ?? I'm in.
I don't think one person on this board expects to make the playoffs.

IAG
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think one person on this board expects to make the playoffs.

I will look you up after X-Mas as we have something to play for in the last week of the season. This is a bad AFC and this Bills team can compete with anyone in the AFC.

Ed
11-17-2012, 10:59 PM
I will look you up after X-Mas as we have something to play for in the last week of the season. This is a bad AFC and this Bills team can compete with anyone in the AFC.
Look me up for what? I want the Bills to make the playoffs as much as anyone, but it would be pretty foolish to expect them to make it at this point. I'll continue to be as optimistic as anyone, but making it is going to be extremely tough. With six games to go the only teams that I truly expect to make it from the AFC at this point are Houston and Denver. I could see a number of teams get on a roll or fall a part. I can hope that the Bills are that surprise team that gets in, but it's still an unrealistic expectation. There's a difference.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Mathematically we are alive. We're currently in a 5 way tie at 4 wins, we play the current #5 seed (Indy) and the #6 (Pittsburgh) might have lost Ben for several weeks. This is by far our best chance since 2004, which of course means we are going to choke against Jacksonville or something that makes me puke.

Mr. Pink
11-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Mathematically we are alive. We're currently in a 5 way tie at 4 wins, we play the current #5 seed (Indy) and the #6 (Pittsburgh) might have lost Ben for several weeks. This is by far our best chance since 2004, which of course means we are going to choke against Jacksonville or something that makes me puke.

And we're still 2.5 games behind Denver, Indy, Pittsburgh for the final wild card spot and ALL 3 have better conference records than us.

Although Pittsburgh, without Ben, will lose to the Ravens to bring them to only a 2 game lead on us for the final spot. And Indy also likely loses to NE. Denver will beat SD though to give themselves a 1 game cushion in the wild card race.

Cincy should beat KC to put them a game above us.

So after this weekend we should be in a mess of teams tied for the 8th best record in the AFC.

IAG
11-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Look me up for what? I want the Bills to make the playoffs as much as anyone, but it would be pretty foolish to expect them to make it at this point. I'll continue to be as optimistic as anyone, but making it is going to be extremely tough. With six games to go the only teams that I truly expect to make it from the AFC at this point are Houston and Denver. I could see a number of teams get on a roll or fall a part. I can hope that the Bills are that surprise team that gets in, but it's still an unrealistic expectation. There's a difference.

Look up such as bump this thread and remember that you did not think the Bills are in the mix to get into the show. Good to see you hedging your bet in your last thread though.

Go Bills

YardRat
11-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Here's the rest of my pre-season projections from CGal's thread...

W12 @ IND W
W13 vs JAC L
W14 vs STL W
W15 vs* SEA (in Toronto) W
W16 @ MIA W
W17 vs NYJ L

I had the team at 5-5 at this point, one game better than their actual record. Still think we can beat Indy, so far we have at least had some success against rookie QB's. Jax I originally pegged as our 'underachieving loss', but if we can reverse that (and there is no reason why we shouldn't) it'll make up for the Titans debacle. Both St Louis and Seattle are playing better than expected, but if we can still squeek out against the Rams we get another rookie QB in Wilson at 'home'. Miami is going to depend a lot on where they are in the standings, and if they (or us) still have any fight left. The Jets should be blown up by the last week and we might actually be facing Tebow, though the latter is probably a longshot.

An early season, optimistic 4-2 to finish out the season, if we get a break or two that we are due it could turn to 5-1 and at least get us to the middle of the pack at 9-7. I'd still take that.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-18-2012, 08:19 AM
And we're still 2.5 games behind Denver, Indy, Pittsburgh for the final wild card spot and ALL 3 have better conference records than us.

Although Pittsburgh, without Ben, will lose to the Ravens to bring them to only a 2 game lead on us for the final spot. And Indy also likely loses to NE. Denver will beat SD though to give themselves a 1 game cushion in the wild card race.

Denver is not in the Wild Card race, San Diego is. If Denver wins this afternoon (very likely), they've basically sewn up the West. San Diego is in freefall.

Indy is up on us, but we play them head-to-head, and H2H is the first tiebreaker. They also have games remaining against New England and both of their matchups vs. Houston.

Pitt is going into a stretch where they play Baltimore twice in three weeks, potentially both without Big Ben. They could be in serious trouble come December. K.C. took them to OT on their own field, for god's sakes.

So after this weekend we should be in a mess of teams tied for the 8th best record in the AFC.

Cincinnati has the same 5 conference losses that we do. If we win out and they drop one conference game, we jump them.

Are our odds great? No, but considering where we are, who we play, and the weakness of the other wild card contenders, I stand by my statement. This is our best chance since 04.

X-Era
11-18-2012, 08:26 AM
If we win out, were in.

We have a chance to beat the Colts (6 and 3) head to head which gives us a tie breaker. It's a critical game. The Colts still have to play the Texans twice and the Patriots. I can see 4 losses. 9 and 7 with a shot at 10 and 6
Patriots (6 and 3) have to play the Texans and 49ers. They may only lose one more game. 12 and 4
Steelers (6 and 3) have to play the Ravens twice and the Chargers. They probably lose 1 or 2. 12 and 4 or 11 and 5
Broncos (6 and 3) have to play the Bucs, Ravens, and Chargers. I think they lose 2 and end up 11 and 5
Titans (4 and 6) are finishing 8 and 8 with losses to the Packers and Texans
Bengals (4 and 5) still have to play Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, and Eagles. They might end up at 9 and 7 but 8 and 8 is more likely
Chargers (4 and 5) still have to play the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos. See Bengals

To me, the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers are pretty much locks to be in the playoffs. If we want to get in it's got to be the Colts spot that we take. And that version starts with a win vs. the Colts. I like our schedule better than the Titans, Bengals, or Chargers. I'm not as worried about them.

Were on life support and really can't afford another loss. But there is a path to the playoffs still.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Ed
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Look up such as bump this thread and remember that you did not think the Bills are in the mix to get into the show. Good to see you hedging your bet in your last thread though.

Go Bills
Well then I guess you didn't read my first post on the first page where I said a win against the Colts next week will get us right back in the hunt. I actually like our chances of staying in the mix based on our schedule, but the reality is that the odds are still stacked against us. So I'm not betting anything, just recognizing the fact that going 6-1 or 7-0 to end the season is extremely difficult for any team. Even the best in the league. My expectations before the season were for this team to make the playoffs, but then they started 3-6 creating a huge hole to climb out of. So now I don't have any expectations of them making it, just my optimism and hope.

Ed
11-18-2012, 09:55 AM

I don't think Denver is really a factor. They're going to run away with the West if they beat SD today, putting SD in the exact same boat as the Bills.

Ed
11-18-2012, 10:08 AM
If we win out, were in.

We have a chance to beat the Colts (6 and 3) head to head which gives us a tie breaker. It's a critical game. The Colts still have to play the Texans twice and the Patriots. I can see 4 losses. 9 and 7 with a shot at 10 and 6
Patriots (6 and 3) have to play the Texans and 49ers. They may only lose one more game. 12 and 4
Steelers (6 and 3) have to play the Ravens twice and the Chargers. They probably lose 1 or 2. 12 and 4 or 11 and 5
Broncos (6 and 3) have to play the Bucs, Ravens, and Chargers. I think they lose 2 and end up 11 and 5
Titans (4 and 6) are finishing 8 and 8 with losses to the Packers and Texans
Bengals (4 and 5) still have to play Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, and Eagles. They might end up at 9 and 7 but 8 and 8 is more likely
Chargers (4 and 5) still have to play the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos. See Bengals

To me, the Patriots, Broncos, and Steelers are pretty much locks to be in the playoffs. If we want to get in it's got to be the Colts spot that we take. And that version starts with a win vs. the Colts. I like our schedule better than the Titans, Bengals, or Chargers. I'm not as worried about them.

Were on life support and really can't afford another loss. But there is a path to the playoffs still.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
Technically Oakland and the Jets are still in it too since wins today would put both ahead of the Bills based on tie-breakers. I think Oakland loses today though, and they definitely have a tougher schedule. The Jets seem to be imploding and have to play NE next week, so hopefully if we're still in it in the last week they'll already be out of it, and that last week in Buffalo will be a run for the bus type of game for them.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't think Denver is really a factor. They're going to run away with the West if they beat SD today, putting SD in the exact same boat as the Bills.

Just have Denver there in case San Diego pulls out a W today. San Diego winning makes the the playoff picture in the AFC even more convoluted.

IAG
11-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Got a ton of help Sunday. Now, the win vs. the Colts next week puts the Bills in business, baby!

X-Era
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Got a ton of help Sunday. Now, the win vs. the Colts next week puts the Bills in business, baby!

Yes. Chargers, Colts, Oakland all lost

don137
11-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Don't want to be let down again so trying to not think playoffs. I will try to hold off on the playoff thoughts for a few more weeks.

IAG
11-19-2012, 06:41 AM
This week IS the season. Win and we are a game out with the Colts with Jax and St. Louis coming down the track. 7-6 on the horizon with the Toronto game with Seattle (it is a mistake to lose the game at the RWS) and two divisional games to close.

We can do this...it is all about Sunday with the Colts.

Mahdi
11-19-2012, 07:52 AM
This week IS the season. Win and we are a game out with the Colts with Jax and St. Louis coming down the track. 7-6 on the horizon with the Toronto game with Seattle (it is a mistake to lose the game at the RWS) and two divisional games to close.

We can do this...it is all about Sunday with the Colts.

Playing in the Dome in Toronto might be a good thing for Fitz in December. Seattle secondary is strong, you don't want swirling wind on top of that.

Historian
11-19-2012, 08:01 AM
7-9

Ed
11-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Yes. Chargers, Colts, Oakland all lost
Pittsburgh loses too. The only thing that could have really made yesterday better would be KC pulling the upset over Cincy. Cincy is actually starting to be more of a concern. I originally thought their December schedule was pretty brutal, but that was assuming SD, Dallas, and Philly were all tough opponents. They're all looking a lot weaker though.

X-Era
11-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Pittsburgh loses too. The only thing that could have really made yesterday better would be KC pulling the upset over Cincy. Cincy is actually starting to be more of a concern. I originally thought their December schedule was pretty brutal, but that was assuming SD, Dallas, and Philly were all tough opponents. They're all looking a lot weaker though.Pitt just can't lose enough games to be out. Browns twice, Ravens, Chargers, Bengals, Cowboys. They're 6-4 and I just can't see another 3 losses. Ravens yes. But two more from that list? I can't see it.

The Bengals are an issue, I agree. Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens. They're 5 and 5. But, I could see a loss to the Steelers and Ravens and maybe even a loss to either the Cowboys or Eagles. 2 more losses puts them at 9 and 7.

Ed
11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Pitt just can't lose enough games to be out. Browns twice, Ravens, Chargers, Bengals, Cowboys. They're 6-4 and I just can't see another 3 losses. Ravens yes. But two more from that list? I can't see it.

The Bengals are an issue, I agree. Raiders, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens. They're 5 and 5. But, I could see a loss to the Steelers and Ravens and maybe even a loss to either the Cowboys or Eagles. 2 more losses puts them at 9 and 7.
I don't really see them losing 3 more either, but they have so many key injuries right now, so who knows. We've already seen them lose to Oakland and Tenn. with a healthier team and struggle to beat KC and Philly. Either way a loss still helps for now. Better to still have a shot at two WC spots than just one.

Fletch
11-19-2012, 11:38 AM

@ Indy W...explained above
Jacksonville W...old friend Mike Mularkey. I liked him, our last best season was with him. However, his team is bad and the Ralph will be rocking after the win from the week before.
St. Louis W...quietly a tough game. However, we are at home and the Rams do not have enough weapons to beat the Bills
Seattle L...I hate the Toronto game. ALL games need to be in Orchard Park. Be that at as it may, I think the Bills have tough match up with the Seahawks. The Seabags are traveling east. However, I will give the win to Pete Carroll.
@ Miami W...think of all the plays we left on the table. Plus, we will be healthier. I see big romp.
New York W...Blowout for the Bills. Blowout City. The Jets run for the bus. The talk will be about Ryan getting fired. Sanchez getting the boot. All that circus crap comes to a boil and we go to the playoffs.

Go Bills!

LOL

OR ...

The Colts, having beaten four teams about as good as we are along with two others, one likely headed to the playoffs and another possibly going to the playoffs, fighting for their own playoff chances, beat us like they beat Miami, Minnesota, or Green Bay. L

Jax ... everyone's whipping boy and one of just a few teams more hapless than we are. W

Rams ... quietly a tough game against a team that lost to four playoff going teams and that tied the Niners and beat the Seabags. Tough game either way against a team featuring two RBs that we'll be lucky to prevent from hitting 150 yards. Could fall either way.

Seattle ... a better and more well coached team playing in an environment that more mirrors their home environment than it does ours. L

@ Miami ... if the Fins wake up from their coma between now and then, there's no reason why we will win on the road. L

Jets ... Blowout for [ ___________ ] The talk will be about Gailey getting fired, Nix needing to go right along with the rest of the rats at OBD, Fitzpatrick not being the answer and who knows what else. Could fall either way.

Split the "could go either way's" and you have 2-4 and another humdrum 6-10 season.

Nuthin' but the best for us Bills fans!

Meanwhile, in the offseason Sheppard gets a huge contract, TJ Graham gets one, and so does McGee.

Next season's season ticket holder gifts, ... battery operated heated size 7 butt-plugs for use on game days.

trapezeus
11-19-2012, 12:46 PM
indy - they come out hot smoke us in openning quarter. D looks good on first drive. fitz throws an interception on 3rd and 1. bills defense is super porous from there on on. The commentators swoon over luck and his ability to bounce back. Gailey says after the game, "that qb there is a good one. Next week we have to do what we can do to try and right this thing." 4-7

Jags - in front of 14 fans, 12 who are incredibly inebriated, the bills take a 17-0 lead at halftime. in the first drive of the second half, an efficient drive causes the bills to panic. and in moments of panic, gailey pulls spiller from the offense. Thanks to the jags ineptness, their last second drive ends with a half back option which is intercepted. Bills with 24-21. Players keep talking about how its coming together. 5-7

Rams - It's cold. The ram's have played a series of heartbreaking losses. The bills do this as well every few seasons. They play the good teams well and come out with playing very well. then they get a break where they should win, and they can't do anything right. This is that game in reverse. 6-7.

Seahawks - Bills have had a tough time bringing down easy runningbacks with no names. Marshawn is notoriously hard to bring down and a big name. He runs for close to 100 yards in openning quarter. Russell wilson then opens up an airattack with no pressure. The bills will have signed Byrd three days before this game. he will be non-existant. Bills offense goes 3 and out a record 6 times. Gailey will try a desperation long FG in fourth quarter. It sails wide right. close up of lindell looking partially confused on why he missed and partially with no interest on why he missed. 6-8.

Miami - now squarely on the outside, the bills take in the sun on saturday when the charter arrives, they play like a hung over team. Tannehill doesn't make any of the same mistakes. Reggie bush breaks his first run for 20+ yards. Bills never contain him. 6-9

NY J - The jets full on meltdown mode after the patriot loss have a week of headlines with rex in jeopardy of losing his job. To assuage the anger of fans, they start tebow. Tebow elects to not wear a helmet and instead his favorite crown of thorns. He is never touched. even on running plays. Their non-existent running game looks great. their nonexistant wide receivers have career days. Their week LB's make play after play. Gailey says same old stuff at post game. Nix comes in and announces a 3 year extension for Gailey. a 5 year deal for Kelsay and a 25year deal with Fitz. The bills still can't make up their mind on a 1 year lease. 6-10

Off season - bills pass on a qb in day 1. The LB they want is picked right before them. in a panic, they pick a CB. The qb's are all too weak to make a decision on. Turns out all these qb's defy expectation and go on to be complete studs. Our CB, punter, and RB selections go on to being mediocre, cut during training camp, and off the team by next year, respectively. Ralph wilson stadium actually crumbles a little. word is that its good no one was there. Ralph passes, and the team has the perfect excuse to leave...forever. RussBrandon gets a reality TV show and publically craps on Buffalo. He marries a kardashian.

and that is why you'll always remember the 2012 bills as the worst team out of ton of miserable Buffalo teams.

The end.

IAG
11-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Steelers lost Bryon Leftwich for a few weeks. Two spots are going to be open folks. We are going to the playoffs.

I am calling it now...Primetime in New England versus the Pats on NBC in the 1st Round.

trapezeus
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Steelers lost Bryon Leftwich for a few weeks. Two spots are going to be open folks. We are going to the playoffs.

I am calling it now...Primetime in New England versus the Pats on NBC in the 1st Round.

If you didn't think the patriots were gifted the last game vs the bills imagine what they'll do for a primetime game.

Referee for that game will be Roger Goodell.

IAG
11-19-2012, 04:27 PM
If you didn't think the patriots were gifted the last game vs the bills imagine what they'll do for a primetime game.

Referee for that game will be Roger Goodell.

I will take my chances. We are due versus those guys.

SquishDaFish
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Ill take it only because I said at beginning of season Id be happy with playoffs regardless.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Pitt just can't lose enough games to be out. Browns twice, Ravens, Chargers, Bengals, Cowboys. They're 6-4 and I just can't see another 3 losses. Ravens yes. But two more from that list? I can't see it.

Pittsburgh is done if Ben is out a month a longer.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Ill take it only because I said at beginning of season Id be happy with playoffs regardless.

Look, I don't care if we make it as the 6th seed and get violated by 5 TDs. We just need to get this postseason monkey off our backs. I'm with you.

BertSquirtgum
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
What is a sked?

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2012, 12:03 AM
This is from another site and some of it is very possible.

Bills

Ind - Win (5-6)
Jax - Win (6-6)
StL - Win (7-6)
Sea - Loss (7-7)
Mia - Win (8-7)
NYJ - Win (9-7, conf 7-5)

Dolphins

Sea - Win (5-6)
NE - Win (6-6)
SF - Loss (6-7)
Jax - Win (7-7)
Buf - Loss (7-8)
NE - Win (8-8)

Colts

Buf - Loss (6-5)
Det - Loss (6-6)
Ten - Win (7-6)
Hou - Loss (7-7)
KC - Win (8-7)
Hou - Win (9-7, conf 7-5, lose out head-to-head w/ Bills)

Steelers

Cle - Win (7-4)
Bal - Loss (7-5)
SD - Loss (7-6)
Dal - Win (8-6)
Cin - Loss (8-7)
Cle - Win (9-7, conf 5-7)

Titans

Jax - Win (5-6)
Tex - Win (6-6)
Ind - Loss (6-7)
NYJ - Loss (6-8)
GB - Win (7-8)
Jax - Win (8-8)

Chargers

Bal - Loss (4-7)
Cin - Win (5-7)
Pit - Win (6-7)
Car - Loss (6-8)
NYJ - Win (7-8)
Oak - Win (8-8)

Jets

NE - Win (5-6)
Ari - Win (6-6)
Jax - Win (7-6)
Ten - Win (8-6)
SD - Loss (8-7)
Buf - Loss (8-8)

Bengals

Oak - Win (6-5)
SD - Loss (6-6)
Dal - Loss (6-7)
Phi - Win (7-7)
Pit - Win (8-7)
Bal - Win (9-7, conf 6-6)

BertSquirtgum
11-20-2012, 12:14 AM

Denver will win their division so how are they in the running for a wild card spot? Maybe you mean San Diego?

IAG
11-20-2012, 04:58 AM
What is a sked?

Are you serious?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sked

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sked

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sked

X-Era
11-20-2012, 05:36 AM

Bills

Ind - Win (5-6)
Jax - Win (6-6)
StL - Win (7-6)
Sea - Loss (7-7)
Mia - Win (8-7)

Dolphins

Sea - Win (5-6)
NE - Win (6-6)
SF - Loss (6-7)
Jax - Win (7-7)
Buf - Loss (7-8)
NE - Win (8-8)

Colts

Buf - Loss (6-5)
Det - Loss (6-6)
Ten - Win (7-6)
Hou - Loss (7-7)
KC - Win (8-7)

Steelers

Cle - Win (7-4)
Bal - Loss (7-5)
SD - Loss (7-6)
Dal - Win (8-6)
Cin - Loss (8-7)

Titans

Jax - Win (5-6)
Tex - Win (6-6)
Ind - Loss (6-7)
NYJ - Loss (6-8)
GB - Win (7-8)
Jax - Win (8-8)

Chargers

Bal - Loss (4-7)
Cin - Win (5-7)
Pit - Win (6-7)
Car - Loss (6-8)
NYJ - Win (7-8)
Oak - Win (8-8)

Jets

NE - Win (5-6)
Ari - Win (6-6)
Jax - Win (7-6)
Ten - Win (8-6)
SD - Loss (8-7)
Buf - Loss (8-8)

Bengals

Oak - Win (6-5)
SD - Loss (6-6)
Dal - Loss (6-7)
Phi - Win (7-7)
Pit - Win (8-7)
Bal - Win (9-7, conf 6-6)That's great, and with the exception of the Steelers is pretty much what I said. But, who would go in in this case?

Mr. Pink
11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
That's great, and with the exception of the Steelers is pretty much what I said. But, who would go in in this case?

In that scenario, it looks like the Colts and Bills would go based on conference record. Then the Bills would get the 5 seed based on the head to head victory.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Denver will win their division so how are they in the running for a wild card spot? Maybe you mean San Diego?

Typed that up before the game yesterday, it's obvious now that the Broncos are gonna run away with the West and no one else in the West will matter.

trapezeus
11-20-2012, 08:21 AM
I will take my chances. We are due versus those guys.

how can you be due when the other side cheats and is league sanctioned to do so?

Ed
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM

Bills

Ind - Win (5-6)
Jax - Win (6-6)
StL - Win (7-6)
Sea - Loss (7-7)
Mia - Win (8-7)

Dolphins

Sea - Win (5-6)
NE - Win (6-6)
SF - Loss (6-7)
Jax - Win (7-7)
Buf - Loss (7-8)
NE - Win (8-8)

Colts

Buf - Loss (6-5)
Det - Loss (6-6)
Ten - Win (7-6)
Hou - Loss (7-7)
KC - Win (8-7)

Steelers

Cle - Win (7-4)
Bal - Loss (7-5)
SD - Loss (7-6)
Dal - Win (8-6)
Cin - Loss (8-7)

Titans

Jax - Win (5-6)
Tex - Win (6-6)
Ind - Loss (6-7)
NYJ - Loss (6-8)
GB - Win (7-8)
Jax - Win (8-8)

Chargers

Bal - Loss (4-7)
Cin - Win (5-7)
Pit - Win (6-7)
Car - Loss (6-8)
NYJ - Win (7-8)
Oak - Win (8-8)

Jets

NE - Win (5-6)
Ari - Win (6-6)
Jax - Win (7-6)
Ten - Win (8-6)
SD - Loss (8-7)
Buf - Loss (8-8)

Bengals

Oak - Win (6-5)
SD - Loss (6-6)
Dal - Loss (6-7)
Phi - Win (7-7)
Pit - Win (8-7)
Bal - Win (9-7, conf 6-6)
I don't see the Dolphins sweeping the Pats, or the Jets beating them this Thursday. But if they did lose all three of those games and lose to Houston and SF, that would put them at 8-8 and the Bills would win the division at 9-7. Wouldn't that be something.

trapezeus
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
ed, oh ed, it would be a beautiful thing. however, the patriots aren't going to drop that many games. especially with a critical injury. let's count the ways this thanksgiving on what you WON'T be thankful for.

you won't be thankful for:
1. the random pass interference call that spots the ball at the 1. in the NFL playbook squarely since 1998's just give it to them game.
2. the helmet to helmet, unnecessary roughness penalty to the opposing qb's that go uncalled and a qb actually leaves injured.
3. that the nfl has to do something to make up for gronks not being in the game.
4. that as the pats turn up the heat, the announcers will just keep over-inflating a man who was a 6th round pick and never had any growing pains adapting to the league despite HOF qb's having issues with the speed of the game. How does a 6th round, couldn't hold the starter gig in Michigan QB come out light years ahead of everyone else picked in the first round and out perform almost every hall of fame QB? A long shot? or given a distinct advantage through cheating?

Am i missing any?

Ed
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM
ed, oh ed, it would be a beautiful thing. however, the patriots aren't going to drop that many games. especially with a critical injury. let's count the ways this thanksgiving on what you WON'T be thankful for.

you won't be thankful for:
1. the random pass interference call that spots the ball at the 1. in the NFL playbook squarely since 1998's just give it to them game.
2. the helmet to helmet, unnecessary roughness penalty to the opposing qb's that go uncalled and a qb actually leaves injured.
3. that the nfl has to do something to make up for gronks not being in the game.
4. that as the pats turn up the heat, the announcers will just keep over-inflating a man who was a 6th round pick and never had any growing pains adapting to the league despite HOF qb's having issues with the speed of the game. How does a 6th round, couldn't hold the starter gig in Michigan QB come out light years ahead of everyone else picked in the first round and out perform almost every hall of fame QB? A long shot? or given a distinct advantage through cheating?

Am i missing any?
That's why I said I don't see the Dolphins or Jets beating the Pats. That wasn't my scenario that I was referencing.

IAG
11-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Getting a crucial Pats win tonite. The Jets are a) DONE and b) will run for the bus vs the Bills in the season's finale.

Such a big game on Sunday. Go Bills.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Are you serious?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sked

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sked

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sked

So it's a made up word that a normal person would never use?

IAG
11-23-2012, 05:18 AM
So it's a made up word that a normal person would never use?

I actually have heard it and seen a lot hence that is why I use it in my vocab. I did not know you were the bar of what "normal" happens to be. I guess I will have to check you with you next time.

Seems like the other 60 plus people commenting on this thread were not thrown off by the word "sked". Perhaps we should stick to what the content of the thread is...

Jeff1220
11-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Of course, this is all assuming that the Bills can go 5-1 (or better) in the final 6 weeks. Count me as highly skeptical.

IAG
11-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Of course, this is all assuming that the Bills can go 5-1 (or better) in the final 6 weeks. Count me as highly skeptical.

That is why I said today is so crucial. The Bills are done with a loss today. However, with a win they have a tad of flexibility going fwd.

Today, is the biggest game since the 2004 finale vs. Pittsburgh.