X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So the Colts are aware of the new Rage of Chan's offense: the screens

I thought Redding was hurt in the Pats game, wasn't he? He's lynchpin of Colts (new) 3-4 D line. If he does not' play, it will certainly free up a double team Offensive linema to go after the linebackers.

The Bills are going to do what they do. Ever since the Nelson injury, the 5 wide package which has been a staple of Chan's offense since he came to Buffalo is not as effective - no one (Graham, Spiller, Jones) has as much physical matchup and trust Nelson brings to the table. It's now run, screen, and play action. I don't know what it is, the play action is just not where it needs to be. With a back like Spiller, the Bills ought to kill people with play action. Maybe it's the wide receivers who can't sell the run blocking, or the runner backs/linemen who cannot sell ball carrying and attck, or Fitz who cannot hide the ball well. This is something they need to work extensively.
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: So the Colts are aware of the new Rage of Chan's offense: the screens

The screen game will be very effective against Indy's pass rushers. If if they let up on the rush to guard against screens, Fitzpatrick will be able to make plays against a bad secondary. Finally, look for some screen action. The Bills give the look that a screen is happening yet a TE is slipped down the hash for a big play.

I like today's match up for some reason.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Chan has always used screens, it's not new.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• IAG
        • Jan 2005

...and those screens are effective. I do not know if Chan is the guy going forward. However, with that said, there are few better at designing offense than Chan. He can manufacture a lot of offense.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

I'm glad someone else noticed that Nelson was a HUGE loss for this team. He is our #2 receiver and a crucial 3rd down threat.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Chan's offense leaves a lot to be desired...far too many times this team is faced with third and long because the first two downs fail.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
            X