X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloWingEater
    • Aug 2012

The Ralph is a Dump

I have not gone to a game or bought merchandise in the past few years due the notion that Ralph Wilson was not interested in putting a winning franchise in place. However, I bought merchandise and went to the Thursday night game this year because of our own player and free agent signings.

With that being said, the Ralph is a complete **** hole. It's ugly, we have a mini-tron, the bathrooms have one way in---one way out, the concourse is too narrow and a nightmare, etc, etc, etc. I cannot believe we are looking to put over $200 million dollars into this **** hole when other stadiums such as Heinz Field cost $281million dollars when built (roughly $368 million today) and Gillette Stadium cost $328 million; which was privately financed.

We should be looking to invest in a new stadium. Polishing **** does not turn it into gold.....it is still ****.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: The Ralph is a Dump

Do they still have the half moon hand washing basins?

by halftime... they're backup urinals.

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

whatever bro. it is still the best game day experience in the league. best fans. best tailgating. period. the stadium doesn't matter.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
        Do they still have the half moon hand washing basins?

by halftime... they're backup urinals.
        yes.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DrGraves View Post
          whatever bro. it is still the best game day experience in the league. best fans. best tailgating. period. the stadium doesn't matter.
          the stadium absolutely matters to keep the bills viable in wny.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
            • Aug 2012

i will not be going back anytime soon. the tailgating experience and the game itself was out of control. i will never bring my son.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

The saddest part is people believe that status quo keeps the Bills in Buffalo, we need something of value to play in & the Ralph has no value. It's an elderly, infested stink hole that can't be polished. Plan on a new stadium or plan on the team leaving.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

This thread is a pussy.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Best seats, sightlines in the NFL period. And at a LOW price. None of the new fancy stadiums can compare with the view of the game at the Ralph & the seats cost MUCH more. $200 Mill can fix the bathroom, concourse situation.

Comment

• alnilla
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloWingEater View Post
                    I have not gone to a game or bought merchandise in the past few years due the notion that Ralph Wilson was not interested in putting a winning franchise in place. However, I bought merchandise and went to the Thursday night game this year because of our own player and free agent signings.

With that being said, the Ralph is a complete **** hole. It's ugly, we have a mini-tron, the bathrooms have one way in---one way out, the concourse is too narrow and a nightmare, etc, etc, etc. I cannot believe we are looking to put over $200 million dollars into this **** hole when other stadiums such as Heinz Field cost $281million dollars when built (roughly $368 million today) and Gillette Stadium cost $328 million; which was privately financed.

We should be looking to invest in a new stadium. Polishing **** does not turn it into gold.....it is still ****.

That jumbron when they put it up about 4 years ago was the second biggest HIGH DEF screen in the WORLD. It depends what bathrooms you go in which there are an IN and an OUT. Heinz Field is not even a full stadium. The one endzone doesnt have full seats. The place isnt enclosed when getting to there its all just walk ways. 200 million would fix the stadium up to be one of the best in the league IMO
                    Last edited by alnilla; 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

It cost over $600 million to renovate Soldier Field about 10 years ago. Granted, that was a much older stadium with a complete gutting and rebuilding of the inner stadium, but at $200 million, RWS is only getting a third of that (probably closer to 1/4 of it when adjusted for inflation).

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

It's a football stadium not an opera house you pussy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

i will not be going back anytime soon. the tailgating experience and the game itself was out of control. i will never bring my son.
                          Don't need pussy fans like you at the game. Thanks for not coming back.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Who cares if it's a dump or not? The $ in in the tv contracts. The value of game attendance is diminishing.

When a team is on the edge of not being broadcast locally, it's often a tv station that crunches the numbers and buys up tickets because they see that their ad revenue exceeds the purchase of the tix.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

I hope you keep the Ralph supporters realize that the concrete is falling apart & that will have to be part of any renovation.
                              It's time for a new stadium. If we don't get one, it's a lot more likely the team will move. I've been to over 200 games at RWS and no matter how you want to defend it, it's not worth renovating.

Comment

Working...
                              X