X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Rogers on Wayne

It is true that Wayne has moved inside this season and found renewed success. I know it's not that easy for an outside guy like Gilmore to suddenly play inside, let alone he's true rookie.

So Rogers may draw him, although I'm inclined to move McKelvin in to get on Wayne, at least you have someone sticks to the receiver. In either case, Byrd may need to be key on this for support. It's almost a guarantee that Wayne is going to be targeted at least 15 times.
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Rogers on Wayne

Wayne needs to be doubled.

But unfortunately, we'll have stupid Nick Barnett covering him, getting burnt every play, just like he does whenever tries to cover anyone.

Comment

• kishoph
      • Jun 2003

Rogers on Wayne, this is a recipe for disaster if there ever was one. They say that Rogers will have to be at his best, I don't know if we seen his best yet, but what I have seen is very disappointing. Wayne may be well into his 30's but still should have no problem beating Rogers, who has shown the speed of a 310 lb guard. Where is Brooks ?

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

Wayne lines up all over the place. They move him around and motion him and do things to get him open. In Bruce Arians offense he is the guy who works the middle a lot while they send their other WR on deeper routes. He will be covered by different guys at different times.

The key is pressure up front. Indy likes to throw the ball down the field and that takes time. Luck is a big, strong guy like Roethlisberger. He makes some of his best plays by shaking off the rush and throwing deeper. Creating pressure and not allowing Luck to escape the pocket is the recipe for success. That will force turnovers.

Comment

Working...
        X