PDA

View Full Version : Biggest individual positional failures for the Bills

Skooby
11-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Please pick the position that's currently fielded that hurts us the most?

Joe Fo Sho
11-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Owner.

SquishDaFish
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Owner I agree

jlgarsh
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
QB - any QB worth a damn would have won the game today.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
No one should get a vote besides Fitz the way this poll is set up.

SquishDaFish
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Your poll is garbage by the way. Take Freddie and Mario off. Its not their fault at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Your poll is garbage by the way. Take Freddie and Mario off. Its not their fault at all.

YardRat
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Head coach. DC. Quarterback. LBer. Not necessarily in that order, but all need to be replaced.

Captain gameboy
11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
We started the season needing:
1. A decent QB
2. Decent receivers
3. Decent linebackers
4. A pass rush

We spent a bunch of money and nearing the end we have the exact same needs. Please don't be impressed with M Williams sacks today. I'll take ten pressures tht result in third down incompletions than three sacks.

In my 49 years of watching this team, there have been bad teams that I have enjoyed watching.
I cannot stand this team, and I really cannot stand the play from the quarterback.
Inability to throw anything resembling an NFL level deep ball to pop fly screens that give the running back no chance, he is unwatchable.

Scumbag College
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm done with Fitz after today. I have to admit I held out hope for a long time and thought that with Spiller and the defense starting to put things together that he was at least serviceable enough to make a late season desperation run at the playoffs this year. But after that performance (especially missing Spiller and Jones on what should have been two huge completions) there is no way that this team can win enough games with him as the starting QB to make the playoffs in 2013 or beyond. If the Bills don't do away with Fitz and Chan this offseason it is a colossal failure on OBD's part and guarantees us another year of frustration for us as Bills fans.

SquishDaFish
11-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I am sorry but Gameboy you wrong on the passrush. Defensive coach sure but running 4 man rush with barely any stunts and no blitzes its not on the players for that. Mario has been damn good since his surgery. So its not him

Skooby
11-25-2012, 03:24 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Fred Jackson takes time away from Spiller playing.

Novacane
11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Fred Jackson takes time away from Spiller playing.

That's dumb ass Gaileys fault. He should of been in the poll!

Captain gameboy
11-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I am sorry but Gameboy you wrong on the passrush. Defensive coach sure but running 4 man rush with barely any stunts and no blitzes its not on the players for that. Mario has been damn good since his surgery. So its not him

Williams gets manhandled one on one repeatedly.
An good pass rush gets you off the field on third down.
We absolutely cannot do that.
It isn't sack count, it is disruption on most plays.
Get a little pressure on the edge and Luck runs for the 1st down because there is nothing in the middle.
We are absslutely not getting any value from D line.

Dareus? Bad year.
Williams? Bad year.
K Williams. OK year.
Nothing on the right side.

A fortune spent and we can't get off the field.

Skooby
11-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Williams gets manhandled one on one repeatedly.
An good pass rush gets you off the field on third down.
We absolutely cannot do that.
It isn't sack count, it is disruption on most plays.
Get a little pressure on the edge and Luck runs for the 1st down because there is nothing in the middle.
We are absslutely not getting any value from D line.

Dareus? Bad year.
Williams? Bad year.
K Williams. OK year.
Nothing on the right side.

A fortune spent and we can't get off the field.

This is why I added Mario, where was he on the other plays ??

Mr. Pink
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
You could have added a corner or corners...hell, our entire secondary is a joke outside of Byrd.

All those high draft picks back there and they're all garbage. Sickening.

Captain gameboy
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
This is why I added Mario, where was he on the other plays ??

I watched him all day today.

I grant him his sack total, but really, when a tv guy has to tell you that he was credited with one that I think was pretty useless, I really don't care.

But.....This guy clearly takes plays off. There were times when he was stonewalled three yards in by the RT.
There were also times when they rolled a RB to his side to help out.
What he doesn't do is provide pressure on a regular basis that has an effect on the offense.

All that aside, Fitzpatrick is just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

You don't need an electrical engineering degree to wire a plug, and you don't need to be a Harvard grad to run an NFL offense.
What you do have to have is physical talent requisite with the required performance objective.

He doesn't have it, and we need to move on.

djjimkelly
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
while a true franchise qb is what we need the most

we also need 1 to 2 LBs and 1 primetime WR

OpIv37
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I watched him all day today.

I grant him his sack total, but really, when a tv guy has to tell you that he was credited with one that I think was pretty useless, I really don't care.

But.....This guy clearly takes plays off. There were times when he was stonewalled three yards in by the RT.
There were also times when they rolled a RB to his side to help out.
What he doesn't do is provide pressure on a regular basis that has an effect on the offense.

All that aside, Fitzpatrick is just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

You don't need an electrical engineering degree to wire a plug, and you don't need to be a Harvard grad to run an NFL offense.
What you do have to have is physical talent requisite with the required performance objective.

He doesn't have it, and we need to move on.
Unfortunately, everyone agrees with this except the one person who can actually do something about it: Gailey.

clumping platelets
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Bad poll............you fail to mention LB

kishoph
11-26-2012, 04:24 AM
The Mario hate needs to stop, since his surgery, he's been very productive. I know stats don't tell all, but just for kicks, Williams has more solo tackles then some big name players such as, John Abraham, Julius Peppers and Jared Allen and has 2 less than Jason Pierre-Paul, but has 2 more sacks than him. In the 3 games leading up to yesterday, he recorded 10 solo stops, 3 for loss, had 7 pressures, and 2 sacks.
This despite playing almost the whole 1st half of the season with an injury. His name has no business being on this list, nor does Jackson's or Kelsay's. As far as players, there's no need for any other names other than Fitzpatrick's, but if you had to add names, Justin Rogers, Kelvin Sheppard and Aaron Williams deserve to be on the list far more than M. Williams, Jackson or Kelsay.

Night Train
11-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Ownership, without question.