PDA

View Full Version : This one's on Fitz

Parzival
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Blame Gailey all you want, he surely deserves to shoulder a portion of the blame, but we win this game with probably 30 of 32 starting QBs. And a handful of backups. Left two guaranteed touchdowns on the field to a missed Jones and CJ, taking sacks on third down in fg range, horribly inaccurate, and the int that Stevie bailed him out on. We can not win with him and the blame is on chan and above for not having a viable back up or at least a rookie in the pipeline. Thoroughly disgusted.

Bangarang
11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
We know. Thanks for playing though.

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
The fact Fitz is even starting for the Bills is reflection of how low expectations are for this team.

He was nothing before he got here and he is still nothing.

He hit his ceiling just in time for his sizable contract.

Slim
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Out of every game I can remember this season. This is the loss that lays on Fitz's shoulders the most.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2012, 04:07 PM
This loss is on the head coach who's insistence to put each and every game on the back of his horrible QB is a huge hinderance and part of the reason why he should be fired. The other part? The fact that on our last series or two since technically after Stevie recovered the fumble it was a new series, our brilliant head coach had our BEST player on the bench for almost every one of those snaps.

Good, heck even Dick Jauron, coaches HIDE the weaknesses of a team and accentuate the good players. Chan still hitches his and the teams wagon to the right arm of a crap QB. And he does it week after week like Fitz is gonna show something different randomly out of the blue.

The entire fan base by now has figured out that Fitz is basically a bum, yet the Head Coach hasn't come to that realization.

coastal
11-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Fits couldn't have laid a bigger egg if he tried.

Parzival
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
We know. Thanks for playing though.

THRILLHO
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
This loss is on Fitz for some awful throws.

This loss is on our WRs for some terrible drops.

This loss is on our defense for leaving WRs open in the middle of the field. Reggie Wayne was having a field day, all over the place wide open. There was nothing more frustrating than getting them to 3rd and long and allowing a first down.

Eventually Fitz got on a hot streak and I think a couple more possessions would have won it. That being said, it should take extra possessions to win the game, as an NFL starter Fitz should be more than capable of completing easy passes.

Luisito23
11-25-2012, 04:32 PM
This loss is on me for rooting for this pathetic franchise.

kishoph
11-26-2012, 01:47 AM
5 of the last 6 weeks Fitz has had a turnover late in the game to help snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Fear not, come April, on day 2 of the draft we'll select a QB in the 5th round...............and cut him in September. Maybe Nix will come to his senses and draft a QB with the 1st round pick, then at least we'll have someone new to run the scout team.

Ingtar33
11-26-2012, 01:49 AM
lets call it what it is. Fitz is Jay Feidler, without the great defense to bail him out.

stuckincincy
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Fitz or not - it was a classic (and common IMO) case of O.C. 2nd half cowardice. I've seen teams, for years, think that being down a td or so starting the third quarter is reason for abandoning the run game. BUF ran 13 times in the 1st half, 10 in the 2nd half...despite having a RB with a very hot hand the past several weeks.

1st half scoring was a td off a punt return and 4 field goals. Nobody was getting pounded.

gebobs
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
The fact Fitz is even starting for the Bills is reflection of how low expectations are for this team.

He was nothing before he got here and he is still nothing.

He hit his ceiling just in time for his sizable contract.
He hit his ceiling when he got his degree from Harvard.

gebobs
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
The entire fan base by now has figured out that Fitz is basically a bum, yet the Head Coach hasn't come to that realization.
What hope was there that he would? Long after everyone knew what a bum the last guy was, he made him the the starter. If Kelly Holcomb was still on the team, he would just as likely be the starter. I honestly don't get all the love that Gailey gets for being an offensive genius. He is awful at evaluating quarterback talent. And his playcalling is abysmal.

TigerJ
11-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Fitz played a lousy game. He didn't have real good protection, and he had a few dropped passes. The would be reception by Dorin Dickerson comes to mind, but I think he was just over a 50% completion rate, and that's not going to win you many games. I still believe it's a team game, but Fitz's play underscores that he's just not good enough. He'll have some good games, but game in and game out we just can't depend on him to play well enough to win.

DynaPaul
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I honestly don't get all the love that Gailey gets for being an offensive genius. He is awful at evaluating quarterback talent. And his playcalling is abysmal.

He was a genius... like 15 years ago. The game looks like it passed him by a bit.