PDA

View Full Version : I'm Lost to Understand How Bills Fans Still Defend Buddy Nix

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2012, 04:16 PM
He hired the HC.

He accumulated the players.

I guess we should give him more time since even though he is old, this is his first GM position.

Why don't those that defend him say the truth -- he was all we could get and thus he is good enough.

ServoBillieves
11-25-2012, 04:18 PM
He has put quality talent on the field.

That being said, he's 50/50 with the crap he put on the sidelines.

kingJofNYC
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
His '10/'11 drafts are basically Spiller and Dareus, just awful.

He should be shown the door after the season, time to transition to Whaley.

Ginger Vitis
11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
What is the point of this thread Spiked? You are attempting to show how smart you are by taking a stance and criticizing the 5% of Bills fans who think Buddy Nix has done a good job and is a good GM

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
What is the point of this thread Spiked? You are attempting to show how smart you are by taking a stance and criticizing the 5% of Bills fans who think Buddy Nix has done a good job and is a good GM

If it is only 5%, then there is hope.

cookie G
11-25-2012, 04:34 PM

That being said, he's 50/50 with the crap he put on the sidelines.

In 3 years, he has provided 1 weapon (Spiller) and 1 blocker (Glenn) to the offense.

The defense he engineered is worse than the 1 he inherited.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point of any thread criticizing anything?

Ginger Vitis
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
- - - Updated - - -

What's the point of any thread criticizing anything?

Spiked is always doing this calling out the very small percentage of Bills fans who think a certain aspect of the team is good when he and 95% of Bills fans knows the "aspect" is bad ex (owner, GM, HC) Meh Im having a **** day another year with no playoffs in sight!!!

SpikedLemonade
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Spiked is always doing this calling out the very small percentage of Bills fans who think a certain aspect of the team is good when he and 95% of Bills fans knows the "aspect" is bad ex (owner, GM, HC) Meh Im having a **** day another year with no playoffs in sight!!!

Are you sure the majority think Nix should go?

I want him gone but read the posts and there seems to be a lot of posts saying we have enough talent to won.

We don't.

Ginger Vitis
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM

Yes

IlluminatusUIUC
11-25-2012, 05:00 PM

I want him gone but read the posts and there seems to be a lot of posts saying we have enough talent to won.

We don't.

Win what? The division? No. Win a wildcard? Yes. Outside of Luck, I think the Bills have a better roster then Indy at almost every position. What they have that we don't is competent quarterbacking and competent coaching.

JoeMama
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't think Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey are on the same page.

How do you defend benching Spiller in the red zone every ****ing time???

I mean, these guys went out on a branch to draft the kid at #9 overall, and now they won't use him on the most important stretch of the field?

Are you kidding me?

I could coach this team better.

cookie G
11-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Spiked is always doing this calling out the very small percentage of Bills fans who think a certain aspect of the team is good when he and 95% of Bills fans knows the "aspect" is bad ex (owner, GM, HC)

Spiked does that. But then most do, especially after a loss.

To be honest, I haven't heard much criticism of Nix. Most say like the 2nd poster did, "he's put a lot of talent on the field".

Meh Im having a **** day another year with no playoffs in sight!!!

Oh, I know the feeling.

We'll go through 5 months of which "game changing defensive back" we'll take with the No. 6 pick, and why no QB had "draft value".

Its what we do.

imbondz
11-25-2012, 05:39 PM
we've won 14 games in 3 years!!! nix is awesome!

ICRockets
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM

We could have had, instead of Torrell Troup and Aaron Williams....Rob Gronkowski and Andy Dalton. Taken one pick later in both 2nd rounds.

TrEd FTW
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Nix is responsible for the quarterback and coach - the two biggest black marks on the franchise right now (other than Wilson and his cronies). They both have his support and neither is anywhere near good enough. That's not to mention the rest of his numerous failures, most of which have come through the draft. The Nix regime has been worse than any other the Bills have had during their long playoff drought, and that's saying something; after all, he has followed some absolutely horrible GMs (Donahoe, Levy, Brandon).

Historian
11-26-2012, 06:16 AM
This teams problems go way deeper than Nix.

It's their 1974 business model.

mjt328
11-26-2012, 09:25 AM

Fred Jackson
Stevie Johnson
Andy Levitre
Eric Wood
Kyle Williams
Jairus Byrd

These guys were already on the team when he got here.

He added Spiller, but got traded away Marshawn Lynch.
He added Dareus, but in the process passed on better guys like JJ Watt and Aldon Smith.
He added Mario Williams, but it cost $100 million to do so... and it may cost us Byrd, Levitre and/or McKelvin in free agency because of the salary cap.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Byrd is more then likely gone as well as Levitre. Its all ok though, they will be replaced with late rounders and other teams scraps. While both Levitre and Byrd excel on other teams.

DynaPaul
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
But seriously... is ANY fan on here defending ANYBODY over at One Bills Drive? I don't see very many if there are some that exist. The organization should have its own football follies video.

Bill Cody
11-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Outside of Luck, I think the Bills have a better roster then Indy at almost every position. What they have that we don't is competent quarterbacking and competent coaching.

Outside of Luck? That's like asking "other than that how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

justasportsfan
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
IMO, Nix is like Donahoe. Brought in good players(except Fitz)but hired a coach who couldn't put things together.

bf1
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Nix lacks the urgency Donahoe had.

The King
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
I give Nix a pass for Gailey, his options were null. His drafting doesn't get a pass and neither will his coaching choice if he holds on past 2012.

The Jokeman
11-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Or maybe it's time to look at the scouting department on the whole to gets booted or maybe a change in how we evaluate players. As to me that's a problem not only at the top. Yet I can't blame Nix either as we've been drafting poorly even before he arrived. In the end I blame everything on Ralph Wilson who has been a horrible owner for years but only recently people are recognizing it.

trapezeus
11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
frankly, these last 3 games are really hurting my opinion of chan. he used to call a good game. now it's clear that he's getting way too cute this year and its not working.

If we had to keep people, i'd have said at the start of the year, move Chan to OC where he belongs. But i don't know if i even believe that anymore. And i don't believe in his QB whisper technique.

If i had control of team and wanted to win now, i'd move Chan to OC, and then find a top notch OC to be his HC. Let that guy override these decisions like "spilled doesn't get the ball for last quarter of a one score game, and lets go wildcat bomb here as we are closing out a game."

A HC would says, "look, throwing some long passes simply gets calls. throw it long and open it up for our RB."

And then i'd scoop up Rex ryan as the DC. The guy knows defense and frankly i think the bills defense is probably ready to rock after a draft of a LB. Once we get that, i trust rex to run the unit as is into the top 10.

bf1
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
If Nix's talent evaluating skills were half of what people made them out to be, we'd be ok with him ****ting the bed during free agency every year. ****ing idiot.