PDA

View Full Version : All the wild card competition except Miami lost today......

OpIv37
11-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Tennessee, SD, Pittsburgh all lost. Miami won, but we have a head to head tiebreaker against them and another crack at them anyway, so that could have worked itself out.

Translation: had the Bills won today, they would have been in good shape for the improbable playoff run.

Don't get me wrong. I never expected them to win 7 straight and make the playoffs. But, here we are again with almost 1/3 of the season left and it's completely wasted. Win or lose- it won't make any difference about the fact that the Bills won't be playing in January. I wish they had won at least one or two more just so the games were still worth getting excited over.

That's the worst part about the 13 year playoff drought. With only one or two exceptions, the Bills have been out of playoff competition early, rendering a good portion of their season pointless. The end result in '04 sucked, but at least they gave us a great run and a lot to root for over a 7 week period. This pathetic franchise can't even manage that anymore.

And I know this has been said before, but it needs to be said again: It won't change until the team is out of Ralph's hands. We've changed GM's, coaches, QB's.... we've changed offensive philosophies and defensive philosophies, we've turned the roster over in short order several times.... Ralph just doesn't know how to hire a competent FO. **** him and **** this team for the way they continue to **** over the fans who support them year in and year out.

BuffaloWingEater
11-25-2012, 08:37 PM
that is typical buffalo bills football. they can never capitalize on anything.

Crisis
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't worry, they'll start winning now just to fall short of the playoffs while not getting a higher draft pick.

OpIv37
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Don't worry, they'll start winning now just to fall short of the playoffs while not getting a higher draft pick.

Yup- they'll finish 4-1 or 5-0, screwing over the draft position and giving Ralph the built-in excuse to not make any changes. "Well, the D just took a little extra time to gel and we expect them to be great next year....."

It's the Buffalo way.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, they'll finish 3-2. I forgot we have 2 division games left. One division win a year is about all Gailey can manage.

BillsFever21
11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
We will end up winning the usual 6 or 7 games and drafting just inside or outside of the Top 10. I wouldn't care if they won another game the rest of the season at this point. At least we would be guaranteed a Top 5 draft pick and a chance at a top QB and maybe that would be the final nail in the coffin for Gailey. He has proven he can't win in this league.

Especially since there will probably only be one more game on TV the rest of the season then who cares what happens. There isn't a chance in hell this team will sell out more then 1 more home game and even that would be a miracle. Football is over after 11 games this season...literally.

OpIv37
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
We will end up winning the usual 6 or 7 games and drafting just inside or outside of the Top 10. I wouldn't care if they won another game the rest of the season at this point. At least we would be guaranteed a Top 5 draft pick and a chance at a top QB and maybe that would be the final nail in the coffin for Gailey. He has proven he can't win in this league.

Especially since there will probably only be one more game on TV the rest of the season then who cares what happens. There isn't a chance in hell this team will sell out more then 1 more home game and even that would be a miracle. Football is over after 11 games this season...literally.

It's always over early..... and you'll be lucky if you can't watch the games. I paid for Sunday Ticket so I'm going to sit through every miserable second.

kingJofNYC
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
This season was their best shot at making the playoffs since the 2005 season. Conference not as good, key injuries to perennial playoff teams, an easy schedule, and yet they came up woefully short. If they can't make the playoffs this season then you might as well concede the next couple of years as well.

BillsFever21
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
It's always over early..... and you'll be lucky if you can't watch the games. I paid for Sunday Ticket so I'm going to sit through every miserable second.

Even with how bad we are every season it's still nice to kick back on Sunday and watch the games. I literally haven't seen a win since Week 3 since it was my weekend to work when we beat the Cardinals and I had to work during the Dolphins win. Basically I haven't seen a win in over two months LOL.

BillsFever21
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
This season was their best shot at making the playoffs since the 2005 season. Conference not as good, key injuries to perennial playoff teams, an easy schedule, and yet they came up woefully short. If they can't make the playoffs this season then you might as well concede the next couple of years as well.

That's why we have the longest streak by 3 years on any other team in the NFL with the longest playoff drought. Ten wins would've easily got you a WC this year and 9 wins with the right tiebreakers will probably get you the last WC spot. They definitely pissed away a perfect opportunity this season.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-25-2012, 09:47 PM
The Chargers didn't just lose, they choked on such an epic scale that it defies logic. They cacked up a 4th and 29 on a CHECKDOWN inside the two minute warning with a lead.

A CHECKDOWN

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5tvldE0jTHY/ULK01lhYwLI/AAAAAAAAAac/NGpwWVHcQPc/w497-h373/ray%2Brice%2Bdetermination.gif

kingJofNYC
11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Being a Chargers fan would also be a bad alternative, the talent they've squandered, my god. At least the fan base resides in beautiful San Diego.

TigerJ
11-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Of course, Indianapolis won this past weekend too. They are one of the prime candidates for a wild card spot.

Skooby
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Of course, Indianapolis won this past weekend too. They are one of the prime candidates for a wild card spot.

First thing I thought of when I read this is Indy getting the head-head on us puts us in a box.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-26-2012, 11:11 AM
First thing I thought of when I read this is Indy getting the head-head on us puts us in a box.

http://californiaexaminer.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/parents_lock_scranton_boy_in_coffin.jpg

stuckincincy
11-26-2012, 01:14 PM

CIN won, too. 6 and 5, so they maintain a long shot.

OpIv37
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM

yeah, Indy is the sixth place team. If we had won, we'd be one game behind them in the standings with a head to head tiebreaker to get the sixth spot. We'd still need some help with them losing enough games to let us catch up, but at least we would have had enough of a chance to make football meaningful. As it stands, they have 2 games and a tiebreaker on us with 5 left, so in order for us to catch them, they'd have to go 2-3 or worse from here on out, and we'd have to win out.

And that's just talking about us and Indy- it's ignoring all the other teams that are still in the hunt like Pittsburgh, Miami and Cincy.

I'm sure there's some bizarre scenario where if we win out and certain teams lose the right game, it's still technically possible to make the playoffs. But a) given how this team has played all season, I don't see that there is any way they could win 5 straight, and b) even if we do, the chances of all the other pieces falling into place are about the same as those of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning at the exact same time. Back to meaningless football and empty seats at the Ralph.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
The Chargers didn't just lose, they choked on such an epic scale that it defies logic. They cacked up a 4th and 29 on a CHECKDOWN inside the two minute warning with a lead.

A CHECKDOWN

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-5tvldE0jTHY/ULK01lhYwLI/AAAAAAAAAac/NGpwWVHcQPc/w497-h373/ray%2Brice%2Bdetermination.gif

This is an EXTREME example of a point I've tried to make in the past but just because it's 3rd or 4th and 10 or so, throwing a 5-6 yard pass to get the ball into a playmakers hands isn't always a bad thing. I know people here love to crucify those decisions but it's not always a bad thing.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2012, 01:38 PM
yeah, Indy is the sixth place team. If we had won, we'd be one game behind them in the standings with a head to head tiebreaker to get the sixth spot. We'd still need some help with them losing enough games to let us catch up, but at least we would have had enough of a chance to make football meaningful. As it stands, they have 2 games and a tiebreaker on us with 5 left, so in order for us to catch them, they'd have to go 2-3 or worse from here on out, and we'd have to win out.

And that's just talking about us and Indy- it's ignoring all the other teams that are still in the hunt like Pittsburgh, Miami and Cincy.

I'm sure there's some bizarre scenario where if we win out and certain teams lose the right game, it's still technically possible to make the playoffs. But a) given how this team has played all season, I don't see that there is any way they could win 5 straight, and b) even if we do, the chances of all the other pieces falling into place are about the same as those of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning at the exact same time. Back to meaningless football and empty seats at the Ralph.

Technically if we win out we still have an outside chance.

Pittsburgh, without Ben, is done. They got Baltimore this week Loss. San Diego next week, no Ben, Loss. Dallas the following week, no Ben, Loss. They may win won of those, but they'll lose at least 2 without Ben. That puts them 9-7 at best.

Cincy could lose 2 of their next 5. San Diego, Dallas, Baltimore. They got Philly and Pittsburgh too.

Miami isn't even in the conversation. Pats twice, Us, SF.

That's the three teams ahead of us right now. I don't count Indy because us losing to them = we don't catch them.

Then there's a group right with us, Tenn, SD, NYJ.

9-7 likely will get us tied for the 6th spot and then it comes down to tiebreakers seeing there could be 3-4 teams at 9-7

BillsFever21
11-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Technically if we win out we still have an outside chance.

Pittsburgh, without Ben, is done. They got Baltimore this week Loss. San Diego next week, no Ben, Loss. Dallas the following week, no Ben, Loss. They may win won of those, but they'll lose at least 2 without Ben. That puts them 9-7 at best.

Cincy could lose 2 of their next 5. San Diego, Dallas, Baltimore. They got Philly and Pittsburgh too.

Miami isn't even in the conversation. Pats twice, Us, SF.

That's the three teams ahead of us right now. I don't count Indy because us losing to them = we don't catch them.

Then there's a group right with us, Tenn, SD, NYJ.

9-7 likely will get us tied for the 6th spot and then it comes down to tiebreakers seeing there could be 3-4 teams at 9-7

That's what makes this season even more disgusting when you look at all the other teams in the conference. Even though many of us didn't expect a ton from this team they blew a great opportunity to make the playoffs. Even an average season by us could've made the playoffs.

Had we won that Colts game that was there for the taking along with the Titans game which we definitely should've won that would've left the Bills, Steelers, Bengals and Colts tied at 6-5 and we would've had the head to head tiebreaker on the Colts and we would've had the most favorable schedule the rest of the way.

If that scenario had played out then there would've been a great chance that 9-7 would get you a playoff spot without worrying about any tiebreakers and even an 8-8 record with the right tiebreakers might've won you the last WC spot for the playoffs. It is definitely a wasted season.

stuckincincy
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
That's what makes this season even more disgusting when you look at all the other teams in the conference. Even though many of us didn't expect a ton from this team they blew a great opportunity to make the playoffs. Even an average season by us could've made the playoffs.

Had we won that Colts game that was there for the taking along with the Titans game which we definitely should've won that would've left the Bills, Steelers, Bengals and Colts tied at 6-5 and we would've had the head to head tiebreaker on the Colts and we would've had the most favorable schedule the rest of the way.

If that scenario had played out then there would've been a great chance that 9-7 would get you a playoff spot without worrying about any tiebreakers and even an 8-8 record with the right tiebreakers might've won you the last WC spot for the playoffs. It is definitely a wasted season.

They had horseshoes stuck way up their fannies in the win over AZ.

MidnightVoice
11-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I paid for Sunday Ticket so I'm going to sit through every miserable second.

Ditto, but I am not sure if I can keep watching this crap

stuckincincy
11-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Keep a pillow and blanket on the couch. If this one's as numbingly boring as their last two games, you will be able to nod off in comfort.