PDA

View Full Version : Gutless.

The King
11-26-2012, 07:24 AM
We're a bad football team you're not going to find many people on this site to disagree with that. But in recent weeks we consistently find ways to give the opponent the ball inside 3 minutes. To inevitably run out the clock on us. Punting on 4th and 8 yesterday was the latest example. We're bad. But do we have to be such cowards? Take the chances Chan, there's literally nothing to lose. Wannstedt is his perfect counter part. Also gutless.

Watching the clinic Fewell put on last night made me want to shave off my eyebrows and throw myself down the stairs.

Night Train
11-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Watching the clinic Fewell put on last night made me want to shave off my eyebrows and throw myself down the stairs.

Here's $20. Post the video.

I hear you. Chan sounded like a beaten man in the post game presser yesterday. Both he and Nix now have spoken like they know their time is coming to an end soon. Fitz goes without saying.

I almost feel lucky that a couple upcoming games will be blacked out locally. It's torture.

Historian
11-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Now is when they'll start winning....the pressure is off to succeed.

We should win just enough games to knock us out of the top 10 in the draft.

Lucidvizion
11-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Punting on 4th and 8 yesterday was the latest example. We're bad. But do we have to be such cowards? Take the chances Chan, there's literally nothing to lose. Wannstedt is his perfect counter part. Also gutless.

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. What in the world was going through Chan's head? Our offense was driving, we caught a super-lucky break on a crappy play, and after all that he decides to let the defense try to make a stop. Does he not even watch our defense play?

better days
11-26-2012, 09:02 AM
The Bills are out of it. Fitz is finished as a QB in Buffalo. Why not start a different QB the rest of the year? I don't care if it is somebody on the roster or they pick up a QB from a PS, we have all seen enough of Fitz.

Typ0
11-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't get the arguement really. Punting takes a lot more guts than settling for the FG. And when the team is having trouble scoring TDs not just being willing to settle for "some points" and working to get the offense some field position is the play with more guts.

The King
11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't get the arguement really. Punting takes a lot more guts than settling for the FG. And when the team is having trouble scoring TDs not just being willing to settle for "some points" and working to get the offense some field position is the play with more guts.

Punting is the opposite of taking a chance. Also it takes the pressure off Chan's squad and puts it on Wanny's.

Typ0
11-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Punting is the opposite of taking a chance. Also it takes the pressure off Chan's squad and puts it on Wanny's.

How does it do that though? Any way you look at it the defense is back on the field. The only thing that is going to take pressure of any squad is a touchdown. Starting to settle for more lower percentage field goal attempts is not the answer to the woes of the offense. Putting the defense on the field with the opposing team in poor field position took way more balls than kicking that field goal as far as I'm concerned.

The King
11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Im not calling for a FG I'm calling for a first down.

gebobs
11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
We're a bad football team you're not going to find many people on this site to disagree with that. But in recent weeks we consistently find ways to give the opponent the ball inside 3 minutes. To inevitably run out the clock on us. Punting on 4th and 8 yesterday was the latest example. We're bad. But do we have to be such cowards? Take the chances Chan, there's literally nothing to lose. Wannstedt is his perfect counter part. Also gutless.

How about punting on 4-14 from the Indy 34 just after the Rogers INT? WTF! Who doesn't at least try for a FG from inside 50?!!

Typ0
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Im not calling for a FG I'm calling for a first down.

So you want to go for it and think that is not placing more pressure on the defense?

The King
11-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes, if you dont convert it's game over. Just like it was by punting.

NC-BILLS44
11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Don't we have a kicker that can hit a 51 yard FG?

gebobs
11-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Don't we have a kicker that can hit a 51 yard FG?
Or even a 49-yarder? They punted in the 2nd quarter from the 34.

bf1
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Of relative minor significance but related... I was a little bothered by the QB sneak when they were pinned at the 1. Good teams don't worry about the safety. They run a real play and hope for real yards.