• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Bills v. Colts - The First Nails In The Coffin

I don’t know why I continue to believe that the Bills can be a playoff team, but rest assured that belief was buried deep into the ground this afternoon. It’s easy to explain away losses to the Patriots, Texans, and 49ers. It’s impossible to explain scoring only 13 points against the 22nd ranked defense in the NFL and effectively knocking yourself out of playoff contention. The offense continues to be inept with Fitzpatrick at the helm, the defense cannot get off the field on third down, and Chan Gailey remains one of the most maddeningly inconsistent head coaches in the NFL. So, despite keeping Andrew Luck relatively in check, the Bills still found a way to lose to the Colts and prove that, until this team hires people with legitimate experience winning football games, they will continue to find ways to lose football games.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: BBD: Bills v. Colts - The First Nails In The Coffin

Dead on. Well stated.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Not dead on. Gailey is not "one of the most maddeningly inconsistent head coaches in the NFL". He's nothing if NOT consistent. Maddening perhaps. But maddeningly consistent.

Otherwise, dead on. :-)
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• gebobs
        • Sep 2003

So can TJ play now?

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

It should be titled the FINAL nail in the coffin because after yesterday's game this team is officially over.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
            Not dead on. Gailey is not "one of the most maddeningly inconsistent head coaches in the NFL". He's nothing if NOT consistent. Maddening perhaps. But maddeningly consistent.

Otherwise, dead on. :-)
            I think you've got something here. He consistently relies on Fitz to carry the team. He consistently refuses to run Spiller aggresively. He's consistently collapses at the end in tight situations. He's consistent in his futlity in the red zone. I'm sure there's a lot more.

Comment

• gebobs
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by fmr60 View Post
              I think you've got something here. He consistently relies on Fitz to carry the team. He consistently refuses to run Spiller aggresively. He's consistently collapses at the end in tight situations. He's consistent in his futlity in the red zone. I'm sure there's a lot more.
              He consistently makes bizarre decisions that no other coach outside of Pop Warner would make e.g.
              * punting from the Indy 34 instead of trying a 49-yard FG
              * kicking a FG on 2nd down with 9 seconds left in the half against Houston...after calling a timeout
              * having the team huddle and burning 40 seconds with under 4 minutes to go against the Texans
              * throwing the ball with 3 minutes left in the game against Tennessee while nursing a 6-point lead
              * not going for 2 against Tennessee when every coaching textbook ever written says to in the situation

I swear to god, if he isn't purposefully tanking this team, then he's the stupidest piece of garbage ever to coach this franchise. And that's saying a lot.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

how is Chan Gailey inconsistent???

4-12
                6-10
                4-7

that is consistency!
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                X