X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

I'm Done defending Chan

I give every coaching hire 3 years to make the playoffs. I did that with Mularkey, Jauron and now Chan.

Under Mularkey and and Dick, the team regressed. The team got worse the longer they stayed. This team might still improve compared to the last 2 years under Chan by the end of THIS season but it's too late. Don't think he'll ever be a sb coach. Could get us to the playoffs but time has ran out.

Mularkey was full of Malarkey and had no control over his players that they rebelled.
    Dick Jauron had every ones respect ,players played hard for him but the players inherited his "play not to lose" philosophy.

Chan's demeanor is laid back .His anointed Qb inherited his demeanor and The entire team inherited his demeanor. No sense of urgency , soft despite having great talent especially the defensive unit.

Time to move on although I doubt Nix will especially if this team goes .500
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: I'm Done defending Chan

I don't have a hard 3 year rule, but I have seen zero progress, same mistakes are still apparent week in and week out.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Mularkey didn't even take 3 years. He quit in protest after 2.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

Chan is basically a dead man walking now. They say he has another year left on his contract but why bother?

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
          • Aug 2012

I use to defend Chan. I can't this year. He has regressed like Fitz.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

It's as if everyone on this team is deliberately aiming for mediocrity. We have one of the highest concentrations of defensive talent, a DC that has been top-10 everywhere else, and it still can't stop a tortoise. Yet they can't be bad enough to land a franchise QB in the draft.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

The positive thing with Chan is that he has beaten the Pats and has kept the team competitive against them with a qb who is only a able to throw 5-10 yards more than Trent. That positive was nullified by losses to teams we SHOULD beat like the titans and the colts.

A negative I see in him is that he thinks QB's are too stupid to run his offense. That it takes time to learn his system. Then you have have guys like Dalton and now Kaepernick playing better than Fitz. Even if we draft what may seem like a franchise qb, it will be a slow process since Chan likes to baby the qb's.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i think chan has regressed...i used to feel comfortable with his calling of a game offensively. now he's just lost out there.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Buddy and Chan should be fired once this season is finished.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                    Buddy and Chan should be fired once this season is finished.
                    and who do you want to name as a replacement that is better? Change for change sake isn't necessarly a good thing.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      The positive thing with Chan is that he has beaten the Pats and has kept the team competitive against them with a qb who is only a able to throw 5-10 yards more than Trent. That positive was nullified by losses to teams we SHOULD beat like the titans and the colts.

A negative I see in him is that he thinks QB's are too stupid to run his offense. That it takes time to learn his system. Then you have have guys like Dalton and now Kaepernick playing better than Fitz. Even if we draft what may seem like a franchise qb, it will be a slow process since Chan likes to baby the qb's.
                      Look closer at the Bengals and 49ers Rosters. Both teams have 1st Round and 2nd Round talent at the WR and TE and the QB positions, can the Bills claim that? I know it's unpopular to say Gailey's done a good job but he has when you look at what he has to work with talent wise.

Comment

• bf1
                        • Oct 2010

Spiller is a freakin weapon. And is underutilized. That's unforgivable.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot View Post
                          It's as if everyone on this team is deliberately aiming for mediocrity. We have one of the highest concentrations of defensive talent, a DC that has been top-10 everywhere else, and it still can't stop a tortoise. Yet they can't be bad enough to land a franchise QB in the draft.
                          We do have defensive talent but we also have some seriously big holes at key positions in our back 7. You can live with a weak OLB or two, but at this point Sheppard is young and playing his first year in a new defense so he isnt' playing as fast as he will be next year. I actually think Shepp has improved and it won't be long before he is making more impact plays.

We have only 1 cover corner and he's a rookie. So he is making his fair share of errors. Aaron was out of his league as its basically his rookie year and Mckelvin is streaky. Rogers is not experienced enough to handle slot duties.

We also have an average SS when it comes to pass defense. George is solid but lacking against the pass. Byrd is good.

In a passing league where everyone has weapons downfield you won't survive on defense with a questionable secondary and an inexperienced MLB.

Offensively, Chan is relying too heavily on Fitz. We should be leaning a lot more on Spiller and using play action. Fitz has been good with the play action and with Stevie's route running he would be open underneath all day. Actually Chandler should be targeted more on play-action as well. Another weapon I don't think we use enough. Our offense should be Spiler, Spiller, Spiller, Johnson, Johnson, Chandler --- Repeat.
                          Last edited by Mahdi; 11-26-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            and who do you want to name as a replacement that is better? Change for change sake isn't necessarly a good thing.
                            My dog could coach a better team.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                              My dog could coach a better team.
                              Unless your dog is a poodle or a jack russell I think you're exaggerating

Comment

Working...
                              X