Field-stretcher TJ Graham..another NixFart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Field-stretcher TJ Graham..another NixFart?

Pfft. 10 games, 7 starts, long of 24, 1 td, 19 catches, 7.8 ave. Do we blame this on Fitz?
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Field-stretcher TJ Graham..another NixFart?

I think we have to.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Fitz has become the least accurate quarterback in the NFL. His deep passes are pretty much guaranteed incompletions or interceptions. It's really fun to watch..

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I don't think Graham was brought in to stretch the field. They already had a field stretcher in Lee Evans and they got rid of him. Looks like TJ was brought in for screens.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

That, and that the draft gurus jaws dropped when BUF picked him in the 3rd.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

We could blame this on the fact that Graham has never been the kind of player many Bills fans made him out to be when he was drafted way higher than he should have been.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

It's a double-variable scenario so there is no way to draw a conclusion.

It could be that Graham sucks, or it could be that Fitz can't get him the ball. Or it could be both. Until Graham has a real QB throwing to him, it's impossible to tell.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                We could blame this on the fact that Graham has never been the kind of player many Bills fans made him out to be when he was drafted way higher than he should have been.
                Yes. Passed-over draftee Sanu would have been more in tune with BUF's passing offense proclivities. Fast receivers with no downfield moves running along the sidelines as long as nobody breaks their chops at the LOS, are a dime a dozen. That type that have good hands are rare.
                Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  Pfft. 10 games, 7 starts, long of 24, 1 td, 19 catches, 7.8 ave. Do we blame this on Fitz?
                  You have to give a receiver two or three years to turn the lights on. Also, I think that 7.8 could be greatly improved if we had a qb who could throw a pass further than five yards through the air. I think Graham could impress or at least enjoy a nice career if he had someone to throw him a pass.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                    You have to give a receiver two or three years to turn the lights on. Also, I think that 7.8 could be greatly improved if we had a qb who could throw a pass further than five yards through the air. I think Graham could impress or at least enjoy a nice career if he had someone to throw him a pass.
                    With today's show biz NFL, and fans wallowing in immediate gratification, I don't know that a 2 -3 window exists these days.
                    Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I really like Graham. If we had a QB with an actual arm, he'd be seeing some long balls. But with the Holcomb/Trentative/Fitz experience at QB, 7 yards is considered a bomb and anyone that can stretch the field is wasted.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

was it the patriot game in buffalo where fitz had graham wide open and over threw him by like 2 steps while graham had two steps on his guy. that literally was a 90+ yard TD waiting to happen.

fitz is done. and frankly i think donald jones probably is a stud. that guy is walked into more brutal hits and defenseless hit possitions than any of the other receivers on this team. when they put the ball in stride, he gets a lot of YAC and a TD.

Accuracy is important for the Bills and they don't have it.

i wasn't pumped about the Graham pick, but he's here now. and they don't hvae a qb. i'd rather fix qb.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          I really like Graham. If we had a QB with an actual arm, he'd be seeing some long balls. But with the Holcomb/Trentative/Fitz experience at QB, 7 yards is considered a bomb and anyone that can stretch the field is wasted.
                          I see your point. Spending a 3rd round pick on a decoy that doesn't fit into the plan is pretty dumb in my book. There's a reason why the big names in football aren't grabbed up by the business community. Leadership my fanny - they are a closed club of narcissists working in a very narrow field of endeavor.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

It could be that Graham sucks, or it could be that Fitz can't get him the ball. Or it could be both. Until Graham has a real QB throwing to him, it's impossible to tell.
                            You are right except there is another variable. Chan Gailey refuses to give most rookies playing time. He was forced to make Gilmore a starter & Glenn, but look how little he used CJ as a rookie.

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

It may be impossible to tell for the average fan, but the game tape does not lie. Does he get open, does he create separation, and how constant is he?
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X