PDA

View Full Version : Don't Hold Out Hope Until We Get A New Owner

jpdex12
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
This team needs to be sold. At this point, I realize the franchise could end up somewhere else but honestly, what f**cking good are we doing ourselves if we keep rooting for *hit every week and every year? Honestly, I'm ready to take whatever is thrown at us. I just can't take it any longer. It's frustrating to not be able to do anything about it. I've been through the good years. I've been a fan since 1986 when we started hiring good talent and building the team. I've hung with this team through the rollercoaster mid to late 1990's and through the last 13 years of suck adn been faithful holding out hope every year.

We have enough talent on both sides of the ball to win games but they don't beleive in the coaching staff and they aren't playing to their potential. They don't believe in their coaches and therefore they don't believe in each other. You can clearly see this. No one is showing any emotion at all. We have a defense that any solid defensive coach could work with but they aren't dialing up the right defensive scheme each week and we lack a QB that can show accuracy and throw something other than a 15 yard pass. there is no life on this team from the coaches to the players. At least when things got bad with the 90's superbowl Bills we got to see the bumbling Bills and they fought it out and fired each other up.

We have a QB who has played in the league for several years and three on the current team. He should be able to get it done if he has it in him but we see the writing on the wall.

We got beaten by a rookie QB last week. There have been four rookie QB's this year and a second year QB with no prior starting time that have looked far better than the *hit we watch under center every week. There have been plenty of teams during the last 13 years that have gutted their franchise and started over and shown success in their first year of new faces...but not us. I'm getting sick of watching a balless team play every week. When will players start getting pissed and start showing some character? The Head Coach sure isn't and our players are a mirror image of the HC right now. This team makes me sick! A bunch of friggin pussies! Get sick of losing and do something about it rather than collect your paychecks every week and play like you squat when you pee. and we let them steal from us every year? Ticket money, apparel money, concession money...millions of dollars every year. Kind of like the federal government.

I'm so ******* sick of this crap I can't take it any longer. I want to quit this garbage but my damn stubborn stupidity is making it so hard. Why does it have to be like this?

OpIv37
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
There is nothing rational about being a fan. The closest it comes to being rational is that we stick around through the bad times because of the possibility of good times?

Here's the problem, though- and this is what I've been pondering all season: what happens when the possibility of good times goes away? What happens when franchise is so poorly run that there is literally no chance that they can win? What's the point of waiting for something that will never happen?

That's where we are now. This team has no chance of winning as long as Ralph is the owner. We will all stick around- or most of us anyway- because we are gluttons for punishment who value unreciprocated loyalty over common sense.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I hope Ralph gets to see his team in the playoffs before he passes.

jpdex12
11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I admit, I am a glutton. I hate it. I just tell people that bust my balls about being a Bill's fan that I am loyal but sometimes I wonder if I'm just an idiot. I feel like that spouse that sticks with your significant other even though infidelity exists and you just let it happen and deal with it for the sake of the marriage...

and to the poster that hopes Ralph gets to see a pl ayoff game again before he passes, Hurkey...it aint gonna happen man.

OpIv37
11-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I hope Ralph gets to see his team in the playoffs before he passes.

Well if he doesn't get to see that, he has only himself to blame.

Mike
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Well if he doesn't get to see that, he has only himself to blame.

I would be surprised if that was his focus at this stage in his life...

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I would be surprised if that was his focus at this stage in his life...

I would be surprised if it wasn't.

SpikedLemonade
11-28-2012, 09:00 AM
What keeps me a Bills fans these days is to see it out to the end when Ralph dies and there is a new owner.

blackonyx89
11-28-2012, 09:57 AM
That is the cold hard reality. Ralph has been an awful owner and it's time for for some new, younger and aggressive leadership to run this team. He's played the Bills fans for suckers for way too long and I can't wait when this team is bought by a local owner and his goal is to whip this loser organization in shape!

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
That is the cold hard reality. Ralph has been an awful owner and it's time for for some new, younger and aggressive leadership to run this team. He's played the Bills fans for suckers for way too long and I can't wait when this team is bought by a local owner and his goal is to whip this loser organization in shape!

The problem is the new owner may not be local or willing to keep the team local.....

I'm over it, though. Whatever is going to happen, just bring it on. I'm anxious to get to the next step. Hopefully, a local owner buys the team, starts running the organization like it's a real NFL franchise, and starts winning. If that doesn't happen and the team moves, well, I'll be upset, but I'll find more productive ways to spend my time and money. Either way, we are currently in the limbo of rooting for a franchise that has no hope of winning, and it's very frustrating. Hopefully, whatever is going to happen will happen sooner rather than later.

MidnightVoice
11-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think I will be getting NFL Sunday Ticket again until the Bills have a new owner

kishoph
11-28-2012, 01:35 PM
This team is not as bad as some are trying to make it out to be, with a capable QB this team could easily be 7-4 even 8-3. Since week 7 we have been in a position to tie or take the lead late in the 4th quarter, only to have Fitz throw it or fumble it away. That's not even considering all the missed opportunities for points that were wasted by overthrows or under throws to open receivers throughout the games. This team has talent on both sides of the ball, sure there are positions that need to be upgraded, but no way is this a team that needs to be "blown up" and rebuilt.. The coaching also needs to improve, but you can't coach a winner when the most important position on the team is a failing miserably. I don't think Gailey has what it takes to be a head coach, but with a good QB even he can get this team to win.
Being -6 in turnover ratio is not gonna help be a winner. I honestly can't remember Ralph having a turnover this season. Stop blaming a 94 year old man, like he's micro managing the team, at most at his age he's he's a figurehead.

jpdex12
11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Dude, seriously? Don't blame Ralph? He's the owner of the frickin team! Who else is there to blame? Erie County for leasing the stadium to him? It falls squarely on his shoulders no matter how old he is or how out of touch he is with the team. Plain and simple all you have to look at is that we lose every year and haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. If he has a group of people making the decisions on this team because he is incapable of doing it then he is still where the buck stops because he arranged such a committee. It's his fault right now that he is hanging on to the team until he passes away just for estate reasons. Seriously, he bought the team in 1965 for $25,000 and it's worth more than $800 million now and he's worried about his offspring paying estate taxes on the difference when they still will walk away with more money than god and we the fans are the reason why...you want to talk about putting the screws to someone? That's exactly what is happening to every Bills fan in eh world right now. Look at every move that's been made in the past ten years. They pull some garbage each year to lure us in without it costing the team much and they see a jump in ticket sales and feverish fan enthusiasm and it's coolade going right down our throats. We drink it like the fools that we are. This team will not be anything until he is gone and someone else buys it. At that point, who knows if it'll be someone local or someone that will relocate the team. We have no control. We might get our wish and see a new owner turn things around or put us out of our misery. Either way, I'm looking forward to it because I can't take anymore.

kishoph
11-29-2012, 03:54 AM
Dude, seriously? Don't blame Ralph? He's the owner of the frickin team!

When you **** up on your job, is it your employers fault ? Ralph's job right now is to financially back the team and he's been doing that. As far as selling the team, **** that, that's his choice to make. I own stuff that isn't nowhere near worth a Billion dollars (it's true) and the only way someone will get it from me is over my dead body. You're going to fault someone for not wanting to sell something that not only has he's owned almost 2/3 of his life, but has invested $Millions in, would you do it ? I get sick of people wishing the worst for a man that has been nothing but an asset to the city of Buffalo and to the NFL, plus being a humanitarian that has donated $Millions to many causes and all this hatred because of a ****ing game and you ask me seriously, get real and grow up.

Skooby
11-29-2012, 04:55 AM
The team moving will be the final insult that Ralph presents us because of family greed.

IAG
11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Ralph blew it with Bill Polian. Got a second chance with the late, great John Butler. Ran him off. Got Tom Donahoe and local and national interest increased, but RW booted him too. Then the Marv Era as GM was just plain odd. Now we have Buddy Nix.

If I was Ralph, I would turn to old Bill Polian and say, "give it one more shot".

Yeah, Chris Polian might come with him, but maybe Chris learned from his failures in Indy. There are some guys in Indy that he drafted that are okay right now.

Ralph has always been the issue in Buffalo in terms of the systemic problems with the team.

OpIv37
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
When you **** up on your job, is it your employers fault ? Ralph's job right now is to financially back the team and he's been doing that. As far as selling the team, **** that, that's his choice to make. I own stuff that isn't nowhere near worth a Billion dollars (it's true) and the only way someone will get it from me is over my dead body. You're going to fault someone for not wanting to sell something that not only has he's owned almost 2/3 of his life, but has invested $Millions in, would you do it ? I get sick of people wishing the worst for a man that has been nothing but an asset to the city of Buffalo and to the NFL, plus being a humanitarian that has donated $Millions to many causes and all this hatred because of a ****ing game and you ask me seriously, get real and grow up.

That depends. Do you lack the qualifications for the job, but the employer knowingly hired you anyway because he knew he could pay you less than someone qualified? If so, then it's the employer's fault. That's what Ralph consistently does with coaches and FO personnel.

DynaPaul
11-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Bucky Gleason says it very succintly in his latest column:

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121128/SPORTS/121129342/1082

Seriously. I couldn't have said it better myself if I spent all month writing this piece.

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Bucky Gleason says it very succintly in his latest column:

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121128/SPORTS/121129342/1082

Seriously. I couldn't have said it better myself if I spent all month writing this piece.
wtf? I'm pretty sure Bucky Gleason reads this site and my posts. I've said all that. He even used my go-to "accepting mediocrity."

trapezeus
11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
i'm with op. this isn't working. russ brandon and his approach hasn't worked for 12 years and he's gotten more power every time. He's sticking around until the ralph passes. At that point, what happens, happens. Just bring it. Either the kelly group has legs and we start fresh or we watch them move. pump the money into the sabres. And make the biggest stink anyone has ever seen after a team moves.

either way, what we have now isn't really just a failure because nix/gailey/wanny/fitz suck. it all sucks and it won't get better under russ.