PDA

View Full Version : Justin Rogers could be heading to the bench...

k-oneputt
11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
according to Chan it's possible Leodis could move to the slot and Brooks outside with Gilmore.

You think Chan ????

That move should have happened a couple of weeks ago.

Of course Chan is worried that Brooks hasn't had enough reps due to his injury. Really ? Can it be any worse ?

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Brooks just has to keep his head in the game. If I remember correctly, he's had a couple of big penalties. I think one was a block in the back on an ST play and the other was either a PI or personal foul.

I understand he's a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but penalties are due to lack of discipline and not rookie mistakes.

Skooby
11-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Besides FJ / Spiller / Stevie / Mario, they all belong on a bench.

k-oneputt
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I would keep Byrd, Gilmore, Brooks, and believe it or not even Leodis of the d-backs for next season.

You can get rid of the rest.

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 08:30 AM
I would keep Byrd, Gilmore, Brooks, and believe it or not even Leodis of the d-backs for next season.

I'd like to see Leodis on the roster for his return abilities but no higher than 4th on the CB depth chart. Even though I think he makes some mental mistakes in the return game and he's mediocre as a DB, his overall explosiveness makes him worth keeping. And I'd keep him over Aaron Williams any day, as much as it pains me to say it. Williams has been a disaster.

k-oneputt
11-28-2012, 08:35 AM
I forgot about Williams. I wouldn't give up on him yet.
He will be back next season.
Agree Leodis as a 5th db/return man.
And you know they will draft at least one cb and probably a SS type.

trapezeus
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
rogers was beaten badly in the colts game. he looked lost out there. i think the TD was right over him. It was a forgetable game for him.

streetkings01
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
rogers was beaten badly in the colts game. he looked lost out there. i think the TD was right over him. It was a forgetable game for him.Colts game and Patriots game........the kid is a liability out there.

Oaf
11-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Rogers and Lee Smith are on my Christmas cut list.

jimbohastle51
11-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Kind of off the subject as far as who should be playing where but when I look at all of our corners minus McKelvin because he will be gone more than likely after this season I am fairly impressed with the talent we have. Gilmore has come around this second half of the season after some pretty bad first few games. Brooks is one of the best athletic corners that came out of college this past year and honestly if he wasn't playing behind Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, Tyron "Honey Badger" mattieu the past few seasons he would have been first team all SEC if you look at the stats he put up in his limited role with the tigers and project them to what they would have been if he was a full time starter. Rodgers is going to be a very good corner the more time he gets. He has improved each year and I believe he will get more consistent with more playing time. Aaron Williams is almost too physical out there but if he can stay on the field he will continue to develop. Not too mention McGee is back if we want him next season and for pennies since he took a pay cut. Even if he doesn't make the roster he will be there for these young guys to continue to be around through camp. Corner is a good looking position for us, unfortunately we may have put too much pressure on all the young guys at a bad time with our defense not getting to the qb early in the year.

Albany,n.y.
11-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I still don't know why Rogers, who looked like our best kick returner at the end of last season, isn't returning kicks.
The only answer I have is the same one I come up with when I look at the record the past 3 seasons: Chan Can't Coach.

kishoph
12-01-2012, 01:52 AM

McKelvin has been pretty solid since he's filled in for Aaron Williams, as long as he keep his head in the game, I have no problems with McKelvin being in the top 3 and his returns have been very good.

Rogers and Lee Smith are on my Christmas cut list.

Smith isn't going to be noticed unless you're paying attention to the blocking, in the beginning of the year he was very solid, he's good for 2 TE sets, but is not going to be running down field catching passes, just not his game. I'd hang on to him, in case this team ever tries to use it's running game properly.

TigerJ
12-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Rogers is questionable this week due to an injury sustained in practice. Ron Brooks is going to get more playing time. So is Cresden Butler. I think Leodis was already going to play quite a bit due to Aaron Williams continuing to be hobbled. If Ron Brooks plays well, Rogers may have a tough time getting back to being the primary guy in the slot. Ron Brooks has been playing like a rookie, but he's got the physical tools and the more game experience he gets the fewer rookie mistakes he should make.

djjimkelly
12-02-2012, 06:30 AM
rogers was beaten badly in the colts game. he looked lost out there. i think the TD was right over him. It was a forgetable game for him.

rogers looks lost every game i have no clue why he is on the roster

YardRat
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I like the youth and athleticism of our corners, they just need time to grow. Rogers roster spot for next season though, could very well depend at least partially on what happens with McKelvin this off season. If Leodis bolts, it increases Rogers' chances of making the roster as b/u cb and primary return man.