What changes would you immediately impose if you we're the GM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

What changes would you immediately impose if you we're the GM?

Pretty simple, you've been given the keys to the team. What moves do you make?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: What changes would you immediately impose if you we're the GM?

First and foremost, Wannstadt is gone. It's absolutely amazing that he still has a job.

Gailey would be close behind. And I'd find a HC and OC who put the run game first to maximize the talent that we have instead of putting the ball in Fitz's hands.

Next, I'd work on getting a franchise QB. Unfortunately, they don't grow on trees, so one might not be available. If that's the case, I'd immediately start working on the linebackers, either by getting in position to draft the best one available or looking at FA's. Or both.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

A bowel movement?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I'd remove Chan Gailey, & Dave Wannstadt from their positions. I'd make George Catavolos the head coach, and promote Giff Smith to DC.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          First and foremost, Wannstadt is gone. It's absolutely amazing that he still has a job.

Gailey would be close behind. And I'd find a HC and OC who put the run game first to maximize the talent that we have instead of putting the ball in Fitz's hands.

Next, I'd work on getting a franchise QB. Unfortunately, they don't grow on trees, so one might not be available. If that's the case, I'd immediately start working on the linebackers, either by getting in position to draft the best one available or looking at FA's. Or both.
          I'm close to being where you are.

Wanny- gone
          Gailey- stays
          Hire- New DC who employs a productive 4-3 scheme and especially one that covers well by design
          Draft/Trade for/Sign- a starting caliber ILB
          Draft/Trade for/Sign- a starting caliber OLB
          Draft/Trade for/Sign- a potential #2 WR
          Resign- Byrd, Levitre
          Draft/Trade for/Sign- a potential franchise QB
          Add quality veteran and draftee depth

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

First thing is lock down Byrd and Levitre. You can't create anymore holes.

Then you have to can the entire staff. I would look for a no-nonsense DC to take the reigns. And take the best players available in the draft. You can reach for a QB but you can't pass on a sure-fire starter when drafting.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Have security throw Brandon off the premises.

Start banging Wilson's Granddaughter.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Handed to us today or after we go 8-8?
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Light a cigar and give myself a bonus.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Stab any coaching candidate who says, "I want to change the defensive scheme but it'll take 3 years to rebuild the defensive personnel".

In the heart.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Right now, in the midst of the season? I would play Tarvaris Jackson for the remainder of the year to remove any lingering thoughts that he is a potential franchise guy.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        Pretty simple, you've been given the keys to the team. What moves do you make?
                        Start looking for a nice place in Redondo Beach.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

1) Immediately take all offensive play calling out of Chan Gailey's hands.
                          2) I would strongly suggest to Gailey that he needs to have CJ on the field for 85% of the snaps.
                          3) I'd make sure Tarvaris Jackson is active on game day... And, everytime Fitz leads a 3 and out series, have T. Jackson on the field the following series.
                          4) Stick with the stache to see if his D continues to improve... They're starting to play pretty damn good.

Offseason is a whole other set of bullets.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i'm not sure why wanny is gone...the guy had a brutal first half...but last two games only has given up 1 TD per game. He's got them in games now.

the offense has only scored 1 td in 2 games.
                            Offense is a bigger issue from a coaching standpoint in my mind.

They don't utilize what they have.

I honestly think if you keep wanny and get a lb, he's going to get better.

You get a new QB, i dont know if i trust gailey to not mess it up. this season has been a series of really odd things that he refuses to change. he's becoming a jauron clone of doing the same thing over and over and providing meaningless excuses.

If i was gm:
                            1. i'd have the President and CEO job and as a result would have sent russ brandon packing.
                            2. I'd meet with new coaches. I'd listen to their pitch on why they are good and i'd tell them my only requirement is that you must work with what you got this year. if you have a strategy that doesn't work with our personnel, i'm not interested in hiring you. i'll work with you to get you the players you want in the long haul, but you have to be flexible in strategy to work with what we got. so no more avoiding running because you are a pass guy. we have RBs. No more zone coverage when you have some great pass rushers. no using LBs in coverage.
                            3. I'd follow the draftnik guides on player selection. If i don't have the QB i want in the draft in round 1, i'd pick the ebst OLB if he's better than the QB options and make no apologies about it.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              i'm not sure why wanny is gone...the guy had a brutal first half...but last two games only has given up 1 TD per game. He's got them in games now.
                              Look who we played in the last two games - Two rookie QBs. One had to travel to Buffalo on a short week, and the second we had 9 days to prepare and we still couldn't get critical stops.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X