PDA

View Full Version : I think there is a possibility we win this game BIG

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 01:23 PM
From the looks of it, the wheels have come off this team and they will struggle through the rest of the season, even though it is the "easy" part of the schedule (if there is such a thing in the NFL).

But it wouldn't surprise me to see them win this game big.

Why? The pressure is off and this is a soft team that can win when it doesn't matter, especially at home against weak opponents. They will kick ass and make us wonder what would have happened if they could have played at that level all season. It will screw up our draft status and make Ralph think twice about cleaning the house after the season. This is the kind of game that the Buffalo Bills win.

stuckincincy
11-28-2012, 01:29 PM
From the looks of it, the wheels have come off this team and they will struggle through the rest of the season, even though it is the "easy" part of the schedule (if there is such a thing in the NFL).

But it wouldn't surprise me to see them win this game big.

Why? The pressure is off and this is a soft team that can win when it doesn't matter, especially at home against weak opponents. They will kick ass and make us wonder what would have happened if they could have played at that level all season. It will screw up our draft status and make Ralph think twice about cleaning the house after the season. This is the kind of game that the Buffalo Bills win.

I see...they have a chance to beat up a fellow train wreck that is 2 and 9. Rah rah rah. Go team! :handball:

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I see...they have a chance to beat up a fellow train wreck that is 2 and 9. Rah rah rah. Go team. :handball:

Normally I would favor the 2-9 but since winning this game actually does more damage than losing it, the Bills will win.

Mr. Pink
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
If the Jags started Chad Henne from day 1 they'd have a better record than we do.

I think we have issues winning this one but it'll be another close game.

stuckincincy
11-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Normally I would favor the 2-9 but since winning this game actually does more damage than losing it, the Bills will win.

Be careful, Opi...you can trip an fall when you backpeddle. :kid:

justasportsfan
11-28-2012, 02:53 PM
this is another team should beat too so I'm not holding my breath.

Wait, what the? I think OP and I switched accts.

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 03:15 PM

back at the start of the season, when we all thought we'd have a good D, I did pick us to choke on one game that we should win. But I don't think I picked this game- I think I picked the Seattle game because we're also 1-4 in Toronto.

Skooby
11-28-2012, 07:04 PM
We will lose out because we suck.

jpdex12
11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
sad thing is that I don't even give a *hit anymore because we aren't reeling off five in a row so we will miss out on the playoffs once again and we will win a few more games to move down the draft board far enough so we will have to pick based on value an dend up with another mother *ucking cornerback. I just want to claw my eyeballs out with my bare hands...

mjt328
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
It's a crapfest between two teams that aren't making the playoffs.

No matter who scores the most on Sunday, I would never refer to it as a "big win."

TacklingDummy
11-28-2012, 10:05 PM
When your team sucks for 12+ plus years, you really shouldn't think you can beat any one.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I don't care if they win or not.

jpdex12
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Not even sure I'll put the effort into listening to them on the go*damn radio in Syracuse...blacked out...who gives a *hit! Are you punishing me for not buying tickets to go watch a *hit team play another *hit team?

jamze132
11-30-2012, 03:24 AM
I have the Jags beating the Bills this week.

coastal
11-30-2012, 05:59 AM
This is the beginning of our Superbowl run!

kingJofNYC
11-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I think we'll crush the Jags, another meaningless ****ing win however.

Need to keep Chan away from a possible 8-8 year.

Lone Stranger
11-30-2012, 07:31 AM
If I am not mistaken Henne was the QB for Miami when they beat us last year. Can't take this game too lightly. It wouldn't shock me if the Bills lost.

DynaPaul
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
We're very good at beating .500 and below teams and we're at home so it's a likely win. Unfortunately you can't play losing teams every week. Will it matter if we win? No. The only thing it will serve is to lower us on the draft board and give Brandon more ammunition to try and sell out the remaining home games. "Look guys we're winning now! Buy some tickets!"

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 09:23 AM
We're very good at beating .500 and below teams and we're at home so it's a likely win. Unfortunately you can't play losing teams every week. Will it matter if we win? No. The only thing it will serve is to lower us on the draft board and give Brandon more ammunition to try and sell out the remaining home games. "Look guys we're winning now! Buy some tickets!"

That's exactly what I'm saying. We can't win when it would help the team and keep us in the playoff race, but we'll win now, because all it will do is hurt our draft position and give them a reason to keep the 3 headed incompetence monster of Nix, Gailey and Fitz around.

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
It's a crapfest between two teams that aren't making the playoffs.

No matter who scores the most on Sunday, I would never refer to it as a "big win."

I meant big in terms of the margin of victory, not big in terms of importance. The only big win this team has had in the last 8 years was the win over NE last year, and they proceeded to piss that that away very quickly.

Albany,n.y.
11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Not even sure I'll put the effort into listening to them on the go*damn radio in Syracuse...blacked out...who gives a *hit! Are you punishing me for not buying tickets to go watch a *hit team play another *hit team?
I'm going to watch it at the Clubhouse Race Book in Albany because I want to bet a few races. I would probably go anyway, since I went to a bar in Berkeley at 10AM PST last weekend to see the Indy game.

Thurmal
11-30-2012, 05:38 PM
100% correct. The Bills will probably reel off several wins against teams they should beat (who they'd lose to in meaningful games) to:

A) ruin draft selection
B) get fans' hopes up for a miracle playoff birth that won't happen
C) keep Chan Gailey and his patented "keep the ball out of our best play-makers" offense for 2013
D) allow Fitzmagic one more year to under/overthrow every person on the field other than Bills players

TigerJ
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
There are some things that favor the Bills winning. As far as doing damage to the the Bills long term by winning, I don't really buy it. I don't think this is a draft there there is a must have player that Buffalo's going to need to have the third or fourth spot in the draft. There is no consensus best QB, and there might be a QB in the second round who could ultimately help the Bills as much as a first round pick. Manti Te'o is the closest thing to a must have player, I don't know that even he would be that big a difference maker for the Bills.

Don't Panic
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I just need this game to be a fantasy orgy... especially for CJ and Jennings. As far as a win or a loss, I could make a case for being happy with either.

Mahdi
11-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Blackmon and Shorts are ready to play. This is going to be a very tough game for our secondary and we may be giving up a lot of third downs again.

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 10:33 PM
There are some things that favor the Bills winning. As far as doing damage to the the Bills long term by winning, I don't really buy it. I don't think this is a draft there there is a must have player that Buffalo's going to need to have the third or fourth spot in the draft. There is no consensus best QB, and there might be a QB in the second round who could ultimately help the Bills as much as a first round pick. Manti Te'o is the closest thing to a must have player, I don't know that even he would be that big a difference maker for the Bills.

If you look at the players taken just before and just after us in the draft compared to who we took, it's disgusting. Now, the players picked after us means there's a good chance our FO will screw it up no matter where we end up.

But, more importantly, any wins from here on out make it that much harder for Nix, Gailey, Wannstadt and Fitz to get ****-canned. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Historian
12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/29551_10151164790226238_1846102659_n.png

OpIv37
12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Yup, nailed this one. And Hairston, Wood, McKelvin and Stevie all got hurt. Depending on how serious the injuries are, Gailey and Nix may have their excuse to skate by and get another year.

Skooby
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Yup, nailed this one. And Hairston, Wood, McKelvin and Stevie all got hurt. Depending on how serious the injuries are, Gailey and Nix may have their excuse to skate by and get another year.I hope you bet on this because of the good call, doesn't mean much past that.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Its been said earlier, but I don't think a later pick necessarily hurts this team more than an earlier pick. Mike Williams anyone? Or what about JP Losing is an Art Loserman, or all the other gawd awful first round busts we've had in living memory? The draft is a crap shoot and the Bills havea knack for ****ing it up regardless of who is available. I am convinced this team could have had the ability to pick Peyton and would end up with Leaf.

kingJofNYC
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
It was kind of a no brainer, this what the Bills do every year, 5-7 wins against bad teams.

I'll say one thing though, Gilmore's had his ups and downs, but he absolutely locked up Blackmon today, he's rounding into form. Looking like a better selection than Floyd or Blackmon at the moment but it's still too early to make a judgement.

TigerJ
12-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Yup, nailed this one. And Hairston, Wood, McKelvin and Stevie all got hurt. Depending on how serious the injuries are, Gailey and Nix may have their excuse to skate by and get another year.I think the Wood injury is the only one that is serious. Some of the others are mostly just "tweaking" things that players were already dealing with; Stevie Johnson's hamstring and Leodis McKelvin's back.

Mike
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM

OP is realist and the Jags are worst than the Bills.