PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Brandon: Jacksonville game will be blacked out

BLeonard
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
http://wgr550.com/Bills-CEO-Russ-Brandon--Jacksonville-game-will-be-/14889454

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Unless you have tickets to the remaining three games at Ralph Wilson Stadium, odds are you won't be seeing a Buffalo Bills home game for the rest of 2012 if you're a western New York resident.

In his weekly appearance on WGR Sports Radio 550, Bills CEO Russ Brandon told The Howard Simon Show that Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars will in fact be blacked out on local television. The Bills-Jaguars showdown still has nearly 15,000 tickets remaining.

Brandon also told WGR that he is not optimistic for the other two remaining games slated to be played in Orchard Park either. The December 9 contest against St. Louis and December 30 versus the New York Jets are both likely to be blacked out from local television.

Wonder if being blacked out for the entire month of December will get their attention... I doubt it.

-Bill

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2012, 04:29 PM
F. You C. K. THem
damn, did I say that out loud?

BillsFever21
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
No huge surprise here. I stated it before the year started that we wouldn't be seeing any more Bills games on TV after the Colts game except for our one road game. Had we won a couple more games and been in the playoff hunt that would've changed things though.

That's just the way it is in Buffalo. People are done spending money and buying tickets to the November/December games to spend hundreds of dollars to sit in the cold and watch a meaningless game and I don't blame them. I quit wasting my money on meaningless games a few years ago too. Especially with the matchups we had towards the end of the season. It's not like people are running to the ticket booth to watch the Jags and Rams play.

As soon as I saw on the schedule that half of our home games were in the final 5 weeks of the season and against teams that weren't very appealing to watch that football season on TV was over after the Colts game. That schedule would be great if we were a decent team and contending for the playoffs. You wouldn't be able to ask for a better schedule to finish the season if we were 7-4 right now or hell even 6-5 with the way the conference is this season. When you're a crappy 4-7 team it sucks though if you wish to watch the games on television. It's a very short end to the season this year unfortunately.

All we had to do is win the games against the bad and average teams and we still would've been 6-5 right now and that's assuming we still didn't beat a team with a winning record. We've had 4 games against top teams in the two Pats games, San Fran and Texans game but the rest of them outside of the Colts were against horrible teams that won't finish with a winning record. A wasted opportunity for the Bills this year. What else is new though. It's pretty bad when you say I guess we have to wait until next year you mean it literally since we will only have one more game on television in the local markets.

TigerJ
11-28-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd invite y'all to my house, but I don't think my wife would like that.

coastal
11-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Did the NFL stick Buffalo with 4 December home games (half of their home season) in an effort to screw the Bills out of ticket revenue?

YardRat
11-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Win more in Sept, Oct and Nov and you wouldn't have to worry about blackouts in Dec. Tough ****.

The King
11-29-2012, 07:30 AM
The games will still be on in my living room.

Night Train
11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
So will the Rams and Jets game. 3 of the last 5 blocked for the locals.

I'll live, missing meaningless games. This team isn't making the playoffs and needs to make major changes at GM/Coach/QB and more. Yet denial is still their friend, despite Brandon sounding pissed that ticket sales suck for the 3 remaining Ralph games.

Don't blame the fans. Blame the dull, losing product.

justasportsfan
11-29-2012, 10:11 AM
it's the teams fault that fans are tired . Seasons over anyways.

djjimkelly
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
any true bills fam im burlington ontario area more then welcome watch game with me especially if you bring a hot 30 year chickie for me :) lol

trapezeus
11-29-2012, 12:46 PM
they should be talking how amazing it is that 55000 people are willing to buy a product on a 13 year decline.

stuckincincy
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Your talking heads will be Spero Dedes and Steve Beuerline.

Bon Appetit. :surf:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk13.html

IAG
11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
My poor Bills.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The Bills had a higher sellout percentage in the 2000s than the 1990s. So winning isn't the end all be all cure around here to sell out December games.

Extremebillsfan247
11-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Blackouts don't work anymore. Just about everyone has some type of internet access these days unless you live in a cave. Internet access means access to any game in any market whether it's legal or not. All it requires is Google, and a little intuition. JMO

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Good. I hope that sends a message to the FO, finally.

better days
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, Sundays games are also blacked out in San Diego & Oakland. I guess the weather sucks in Cal in December.

Parzival
11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Well, Sundays games are also blacked out in San Diego & Oakland. I guess the weather sucks in Cal in December.

The Chargers had games blacked out in September when they were 2-0.

ServoBillieves
11-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Blackouts are a joke... Seriously.

DynaPaul
11-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't boo hoo to the fans Russ. It's your own fault.

Pinkerton Security
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Heres a weird thing...I live in Albany so a Jets area...but they're on FOX bc they're against an NFC foe...however we get the Pats-Phins game. I dont get it. We are playing at home vs an AFC team, how are we not on CBS here?

Side note: we would usually always get Bills on CBS over Pats, as long as Jets didnt interfere.

Novacane
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM

I'm sorry.

Jaydog57
12-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I always like it when the Jags play home games, 'cause they'll be blacked out here and CBS will show the Dolphins instead. Unless I go to a bar or watch the Phins online, I'll be watching the Jags/Bills game on CBS. :peace:

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I'll be a spectator at the stadium tomorrow. Even though it's supposed to rain all day. My cousins and I will still have fun. Even though our team sucks, it's still fun to go to NFL football games.

Buddo
12-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Even if the Bills were 7-4 this game would be a tough sell. Jax have next to no real fanbase anyway, and are playing badly. Hardly an attractive proposition, irrespective of how the Bills are doing.