PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Gailey says Fitzpatrick is the QB of the future

BLeonard
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
http://wgr550.com/Bills--Gailey-says-Fitzpatrick-is-the-QB-of-the-fu/14892460

Fitzpatrick’s record as a starter in Buffalo is 19-30. He’s gone 5-4, 4-9, 6-10 and 4-7. The record can maybe be explained away by bad football players being around him, but the missed throws every single game??? Here is exactly what Gailey feels about his quarterback moving forward, “We’ve always said we’re looking to develop a quarterback for the future, but I don’t think it’s the near future. I think we’re talking about Fitz being the guy for us and as we continue to get better, I think he’s going to be the guy. So I see us being able to be very productive as an offense with Fitz at quarterback. I’ve always said that and I believe that.”

Fitzpatrick is capable at times have having a very good game with no mistakes, but it seems nine out of 10 times when the game’s on the line, the big mistake is made.

If you’re amazed at what you just read, here’s why Gailey feels that way, “I’ve seen him play extremely well. When you’ve seen a guy do it, then you have confidence in him. If you’d never seen him do it, then you probably would’ve made a change already. We all saw what he can do when everything’s hitting on all cylinders so that’s why I have confidence because I’ve seen him do it.”

Exhibit A on why Chan Gailey needs to be fired...

-Bill

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-28-2012, 04:26 PM
$ hit. Just plain ol $ hit. I hate this team.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/mfw-production/image_post/312/medium/324.jpg

Gailey is hitching his entire career to Ryan-*********-Fitzpatrick.

stuckincincy
11-28-2012, 04:33 PM
And yet, there are folks who advocate giving them a new or refurbished stadium.

Slim
11-28-2012, 04:36 PM
We'll see how long this lasts.

While Gailey might really mean what he's saying here. I doubt he would throw Fitz under the bus and say he'll be in Buffalo for the short term.

MidnightVoice
11-28-2012, 04:37 PM
This is sad. He won't use Spiller properly and he thinks Fitz is a star. Very sad

BLeonard
11-28-2012, 05:03 PM

While Gailey might really mean what he's saying here. I doubt he would throw Fitz under the bus and say he'll be in Buffalo for the short term.

I get what you're saying, but Nix has already said that they'll be looking for a QB in the offseason...

-Bill

Slim
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
I get what you're saying, but Nix has already said that they'll be looking for a QB in the offseason...

-Bill

Exactly. Nix doesn't have to command respect in a locker room the way Chan does. Chan will stand up for and protect his players in a way Nix doesn't have to.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Coach talks up his players, GM looks for upgrades. sounds about right. If Gailey is presented a new QB via the draft and that QB is clearly better, do you really think Gailey will still stick with Fitz?

X-Era
11-28-2012, 06:46 PM
http://wgr550.com/Bills--Gailey-says-Fitzpatrick-is-the-QB-of-the-fu/14892460

Exhibit A on why Chan Gailey needs to be fired...

-Bill
This certainly does not help his case at all.

I think Chan has to say this though also. If he had a guy ready to start in the wings his comments may be different.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM

YardRat
11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Isn't going to mean much if Nix releases Fitz before his 2013 financials kick in.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I HATE THIS TEAM, WHY CAN'T I BRING MYSELF TO NOT SUPPORT THEM?

X-Era
11-28-2012, 07:27 PM
I HATE THIS TEAM, WHY CAN'T I BRING MYSELF TO NOT SUPPORT THEM?Because you know there are Cubs fans out there?

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 07:29 PM
When I saw this thread, I immediately looked at the time stamp to see if someone bumped a thread from 2 years ago to make a point.

Very disappointed to see that this thread and quote is from today. **** Gailey.

Skooby
11-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Hopefully Fitz is his guy on another team, stupid is as stupid does.

The Jokeman
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Read the quote about. Gailey said the near future, I read that as for this season and this season alone Fitz is our QB. Gailey knows that his team likes Fitz and he's going to let him fail and when he does leave it to Nix to cut Fitz this offseason and bring in our QB of the future. That way he doesn't lose the locker room. To me it was really telling that Stevie recanted his comments that eluded as if he was calling Gailey out. It shows Stevie respects Gailey in what he's done and maybe grown up infact he hasn't had any Shy So Serious? moments this year so maybe he took to heart what Gailey said this offseason.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Because you know there are Cubs fans out there?

Well, I'm also a Royals fan. When it comes to sports I'm a masochist

X-Era
11-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Read the quote about. Gailey said the near future, I read that as for this season and this season alone Fitz is our QB. Gailey knows that his team likes Fitz and he's going to let him fail and when he does leave it to Nix to cut Fitz this offseason and bring in our QB of the future. That way he doesn't lose the locker room. To me it was really telling that Stevie recanted his comments that eluded as if he was calling Gailey out. It shows Stevie respects Gailey in what he's done and maybe grown up infact he hasn't had any Shy So Serious? moments this year so maybe he took to heart what Gailey said this offseason.Probably prudent to evaluate what to do at QB when we actually can do something about and simply stay behind your guy until the offseason.

The Jokeman
11-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Probably prudent to evaluate what to do at QB when we actually can do something about and simply stay behind your guy until the offseason.

I'd prefer Gailey give Jackson a shot and see what he has to offer but he must not be seeing enouigh in practive to warrant him a game day shot that or maybe he'd rather not play him this year and try to keep him around as our back up for INSERT QB DRAFTED HERE.

TrEd FTW
11-28-2012, 08:43 PM
It's a piece of crap backing a piece of crap. Flush them both.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2012, 09:29 PM

NO, he really believes in him. Gailey is a ****ing ******.

bigbub2352
11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
just fire them both already stop the bleeding....what a joke

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I hate Gailey so much.

BLeonard
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Because you know there are Cubs fans out there?

I'm a Bills fan and a Cubs fan..... I've grown to enjoy college basketball earlier and earlier more and more every year... At least there, I have Duke...

-Bill

BLeonard
11-28-2012, 11:04 PM

The Royals have actually been in and won a World Series in the past 30 years, you'll get no sympathy from me.

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I follow the Bills, Sabres, Rockies, and Buffs. The Rockies and Buffs were both in the bottom 5 of their league this season. If CU basketball wasn't suddenly good I'd almost be ready to give up sports for good.

YardRat
11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Fitz's hot start last season was due more to the lockout and the defenses starting the season with very little preparation as opposed to what Chan and Fitz can do with this offense.

The ship has sailed, even if they end on a hot streak (which they won't)

DraftBoy
11-29-2012, 07:09 AM
For those that don't support firing the head coach you better be ready to deal with Fitzpatrick as the starting QB for at least half of next season (if not more).

YardRat
11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
For those that don't support firing the head coach you better be ready to deal with Fitzpatrick as the starting QB for at least half of next season (if not more).

That's true. If both are around, no way Gailey just hands the reigns over to a rookie. Hell, if Chan and his staff aren't competent enough to get a receiver ready for the first game after a full offseason load of OTA and TC, there's no way in hell a QB will be prepared to start.

DraftBoy
11-29-2012, 07:17 AM
That's true. If both are around, no way Gailey just hands the reigns over to a rookie. Hell, if Chan and his staff aren't competent enough to get a receiver ready for the first game after a full offseason load of OTA and TC, there's no way in hell a QB will be prepared to start.

Look at this way, Chan's contract is up after next season so there is no way he's risking an extension on a rookie. Maybe they get another vet to come in, but that still means no rookie QB in Round 1.

don137
11-29-2012, 07:38 AM
If Fitz and Gailey are both here in 2013 I wish the marketing department good luck in promoting this team. Everyone knows Fitzpatrick and Gailey are really holding this franchise back. They are a playoff team if we had a competent coach and a good QB.
You could add Revis, Patrick Willis and Julio Jones and it will not matter as long as the Bills have Gailey and Fitz.

better days
11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
If Fitz and Gailey are both here in 2013 I wish the marketing department good luck in promoting this team. Everyone knows Fitzpatrick and Gailey are really holding this franchise back. They are a playoff team if we had a competent coach and a good QB.
You could add Revis, Patrick Willis and Julio Jones and it will not matter as long as the Bills have Gailey and Fitz.

It is time to show us the baby.

Albany,n.y.
11-29-2012, 09:02 AM
And yet, there are folks who advocate giving them a new or refurbished stadium.

That's because Gailey & Fitzpatrick will be long gone by the time a new stadium is completed.

Albany,n.y.
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM

-Bill

This is typical Bills day late & a dollar short thinking. In two quarterback rich drafts of 2010 & 2011, Chan totally ignores the now starting QBs available in the early rounds. Now, when we're entering a draft that is weak for QBs, Buddy is looking to draft an early round QB. It's this type of thinking that led us to draft JP Losman when 3 QBs were off the board & our poor scouting department led to us moving up in the 1st round to draft JP instead of seeing that there was one more QB worth drafting out there who we didn't need to trade up to get-Matt Schaub.

Here's some other replies to your posts on this thread:
If your first post is Exhibit A to fire Gailey, punting from Indy's 34 is Exhibit B.
At least I've got the Yankees in baseball. It's my birthright since I was born in the Bronx.

justasportsfan
11-29-2012, 09:15 AM
this means there still won't be a vertical game

Bill Cody
11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
It is time to show us the baby.

You don't want to see it it's butt ugly

Historian
11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
If Fitz and Gailey are both here in 2013 I wish the marketing department good luck in promoting this team.

"Ryan Fitzpatrick....the best bounce pass the Bills have had since Alex van Pelt!"

Bill Cody
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Pay no attention to Chan's remarks. We're taking a QB in the first round. Lock of the year.

trapezeus
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
here is a problem...and i just wrote that i'd keep gailey next year in another thread based on the fact i know the bills brass will find worse. but the issue is if gailey stays, of the qb's coming out of the draft, they will have to outduel fitz early. now we have a bunch of kids coming out of hte draft who need to learn on the job. but gailey is essentially saying he won't do that unless he is amazed.

freaking t jax, also a vet is struggling to get this playbook. if gailey is here and htey take a qb early, they won't give up on fitz and our young guy will essentially be spillerized. in some regards its good because he'll need some time adjusting from bench, but he may be completely scrapped for no reason.

every moment that passes, gailey is losing my faith. and as a season ticket holder, he answers to me and the rest of us.

Albany,n.y.
11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Pay no attention to Chan's remarks. We're taking a QB in the first round. Lock of the year.
It really depends on where we draft & who is out there. If there's no 1st round QB left when we draft, it would be crazy to draft one in the 1st round just because QB is a priority of the GM. See: Losman, J.P. 2004.

jamze132
11-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Fitz isn't getting any better. Why is our HC the only person in the world that doesn't see that?

Fitz lacks a key character trait to that great QBs have. He lacks leadership. He doesn't have the drive to dig down deep and make **** happen when needed. Oh, and he can't throw the deep ball to hit wide open guys.

gebobs
11-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Exactly. Nix doesn't have to command respect in a locker room the way Chan does. Chan will stand up for and protect his players in a way Nix doesn't have to.
Command respect. Hahahahahaha