PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst Jags vs. Bills Memories

IAG
11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Best: 1998, Doug Flutie bootlegs and scores the game winner as he jumps into the arms of the fans. Jags coach Tom Coughlin is pissed at the postgame presser, says "naked! everyone knew it was naked!"

Worst: 1996. Last home Buffalo playoff game (let that sink in...1996...holy crap). Jags upset Bills 30-27. Jim Kelly is taken off the field for the last time.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Best: 1998, Doug Flutie bootlegs and scores the game winner as he jumps into the arms of the fans. Jags coach Tom Coughlin is pissed at the postgame presser, says "naked! everyone knew it was naked!"

Worst: 1996. Last home Buffalo playoff game (let that sink in...1996...holy crap). Jags upset Bills 30-27. Jim Kelly is taken off the field for the last time.

Ditto,

dishonorale mention for worst Bills v Jags (2004 home opener, we win that game, we don't need the Pittsburgh game and end the playoff drought at five seasons
honorable mention for best: 2008 when James Hardy and Trent Edwards look like they actually belong in the NFL

OpIv37
11-28-2012, 08:09 PM
'98 Flutie game. I was there.

Worst, the playoff game when Boselli owned Bruce Smith. I had to drive east and watch it with ****ty reception over an antenna in white trash Wayne County cuz the game was blacked out in Rochester.

Skooby
11-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Any game we lost & any game we won.

fanman
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
2006 was the best because I was sitting in the endzone of the winning field goal as time expired. There's nothing like walking out of the stadium after a win.

November 26th, 2006: Bills 27, Jaguars 24
The Jaguars racked up 207 yards rushing in this one, but the Bills - on the strength of a Roscoe Parrish 82-yard punt return for a TD and a Rian Lindell FG as time expired - pulled out the win. That may have been Parrish's finest game as a pro, as it was also his fancy footwork on a sideline throw by J.P. Losman that got the Bills into position for Lindell's game-winner.

MTBillsFan
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Worst - the playoff game. Heck even the TV series Coach with Craig T. Nelson spoofed it. Except their whole team ate bad wings and had food poisoning.
Best - Don't really have a "best"

ZAZusmc03
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Best memory I have was the game in 07 I believe in Jacksonville. I got tickets for $10 a piece from the USO and took a bunch of friends to the game with me. It was the come from behind win by Trent Edwards, and it was a record setting day for heat for the Jags. The tailgating was awesome because every lot was crawling with Bills fans, but god was I dehydrated by half time.

JoeMama
11-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Best memory I have was the game in 07 I believe in Jacksonville. I got tickets for $10 a piece from the USO and took a bunch of friends to the game with me. It was the come from behind win by Trent Edwards, and it was a record setting day for heat for the Jags. The tailgating was awesome because every lot was crawling with Bills fans, but god was I dehydrated by half time.

I was at that game as well.

I think you're talking about the 2008 matchup though. It was 110 degrees on the field - and not much cooler in the upper deck. I got heat stroke at that one. After Trentative hit Hardy in the endzone, the Jags fans started filing for the exits and only Bills fans remained to revel in the glory of a hard fought W.

The 2007 game was awful. We got destroyed as Losman coughed it up a few times. My buddy and I knew we were going to lose, so we got ****faced and ran out the stadium yelling BILLS WIN BILLS WIN and waving a Bills flag.

ZAZusmc03
11-28-2012, 09:24 PM
I was at that game as well.

I think you're talking about the 2008 matchup though. It was 110 degrees on the field - and not much cooler in the upper deck. I got heat stroke at that one. After Trentative hit Hardy in the endzone, the Jags fans started filing for the exits and only Bills fans remained to revel in the glory of a hard fought W.

The 2007 game was awful. We got destroyed as Losman coughed it up a few times. My buddy and I knew we were going to lose, so we got ****faced and ran out the stadium yelling BILLS WIN BILLS WIN and waving a Bills flag.

Yep you are right. I was in the upper deck too. When I got home after that game I was so screwed up from the heat, I passed out on my tile kitchen floor in my boxers to cool down. I don't even care about the come from behind win, the experience before the game with all the Bills fans tailgating and walking to the stadium doing the shout chant and everything else was awesome. And leaving the game in a mob of Bills fans doing the same thing. That was an awesome time lol.

IAG
11-29-2012, 07:42 AM
A sleeper "worst" memory for me was at the start of the 03 season, we smash the Pats and then went down south and smash the Jags. I think the outscored the opponent 69-17 or something like that...then proceeded to lose the next few and could not get out of their own way as we finished 6-10 and GW was canned.

The Bills looked world beaters early on and then...yuck.

Oaf
11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Ditto,

dishonorale mention for worst Bills v Jags (2004 home opener, we win that game, we don't need the Pittsburgh game and end the playoff drought at five seasons

Stupid Nate Clements trying to pick off a 4th down heave.

Oaf
11-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Stupid Nate Clements trying to pick off a 4th down heave.

Bills football: Before the winning drive, Leftwich had gone 11-of-23 for 75 yards, converted just two of 10 third-down attempts and threw two interceptions. In the final 2:07, he went 7-of-13 for 72 yards, and converted three fourth-down plays.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=240912002

ServoBillieves
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
'06 was the best for me. A lot of energy in that stadium, which has been rare the past 13 years.

ThunderGun
11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
The Nate Clements 4th down INT attempt gone wrong. Did Ernest Wilford score the game winning TD?

Oaf
11-29-2012, 04:16 PM
”The Jacksonville game to open that season, if we stop Jacksonville any one of the three fourth downs that they convert on the last drive of the game we don’t have to beat Pittsburgh to go to the playoffs."

Mularkey quoted that moment today. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/11/29/mularkey-has-no-hard-feelings/

Curious, does anybody miss that guy, or Gregg Williams?

IAG
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM
”The Jacksonville game to open that season, if we stop Jacksonville any one of the three fourth downs that they convert on the last drive of the game we don’t have to beat Pittsburgh to go to the playoffs."

Mularkey quoted that moment today. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/11/29/mularkey-has-no-hard-feelings/

Curious, does anybody miss that guy, or Gregg Williams?

Honestly, Mike Mularkey is the best coach post-Wade Phillips...not that there is much to choose from

I think he got a raw deal. Seems like his sons were picked on at school and the canning of TD was enough for him to leave. I like the guy. He got a lot out of Bledsoe and Wilson's cheapness ripped the stuffing out of the roster from 04 to 05.

With that said, he could be deadmeat in Jacksonville. What a boring team.

Ingtar33
11-30-2012, 07:53 AM
halfback toss vs miami was the tipping point for most people.

How he was treated here was a disgrace. That said, you're right, he wasn't the worst coach we've had.

djjimkelly
11-30-2012, 10:11 AM
i dont know if its been said but the shovel pass that got picked in 1995 playoff game was ****ing horrible