X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Best and Worst Jags vs. Bills Memories

Best: 1998, Doug Flutie bootlegs and scores the game winner as he jumps into the arms of the fans. Jags coach Tom Coughlin is pissed at the postgame presser, says "naked! everyone knew it was naked!"

Worst: 1996. Last home Buffalo playoff game (let that sink in...1996...holy crap). Jags upset Bills 30-27. Jim Kelly is taken off the field for the last time.
  • Gibby
    • Jun 2006

Re: Best and Worst Jags vs. Bills Memories

Originally posted by IAG View Post
    Best: 1998, Doug Flutie bootlegs and scores the game winner as he jumps into the arms of the fans. Jags coach Tom Coughlin is pissed at the postgame presser, says "naked! everyone knew it was naked!"

Worst: 1996. Last home Buffalo playoff game (let that sink in...1996...holy crap). Jags upset Bills 30-27. Jim Kelly is taken off the field for the last time.
    Ditto,

dishonorale mention for worst Bills v Jags (2004 home opener, we win that game, we don't need the Pittsburgh game and end the playoff drought at five seasons
    honorable mention for best: 2008 when James Hardy and Trent Edwards look like they actually belong in the NFL

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

'98 Flutie game. I was there.

Worst, the playoff game when Boselli owned Bruce Smith. I had to drive east and watch it with ****ty reception over an antenna in white trash Wayne County cuz the game was blacked out in Rochester.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Any game we lost & any game we won.

Comment

• fanman
          • Dec 2004

2006 was the best because I was sitting in the endzone of the winning field goal as time expired. There's nothing like walking out of the stadium after a win.

November 26th, 2006: Bills 27, Jaguars 24
          The Jaguars racked up 207 yards rushing in this one, but the Bills - on the strength of a Roscoe Parrish 82-yard punt return for a TD and a Rian Lindell FG as time expired - pulled out the win. That may have been Parrish's finest game as a pro, as it was also his fancy footwork on a sideline throw by J.P. Losman that got the Bills into position for Lindell's game-winner.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
            • May 2003

Worst - the playoff game. Heck even the TV series Coach with Craig T. Nelson spoofed it. Except their whole team ate bad wings and had food poisoning.
            Best - Don't really have a "best"
            Send me some wings!

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
              • Jan 2010

Best memory I have was the game in 07 I believe in Jacksonville. I got tickets for $10 a piece from the USO and took a bunch of friends to the game with me. It was the come from behind win by Trent Edwards, and it was a record setting day for heat for the Jags. The tailgating was awesome because every lot was crawling with Bills fans, but god was I dehydrated by half time.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03 View Post
                Best memory I have was the game in 07 I believe in Jacksonville. I got tickets for $10 a piece from the USO and took a bunch of friends to the game with me. It was the come from behind win by Trent Edwards, and it was a record setting day for heat for the Jags. The tailgating was awesome because every lot was crawling with Bills fans, but god was I dehydrated by half time.
                I was at that game as well.

I think you're talking about the 2008 matchup though. It was 110 degrees on the field - and not much cooler in the upper deck. I got heat stroke at that one. After Trentative hit Hardy in the endzone, the Jags fans started filing for the exits and only Bills fans remained to revel in the glory of a hard fought W.

The 2007 game was awful. We got destroyed as Losman coughed it up a few times. My buddy and I knew we were going to lose, so we got ****faced and ran out the stadium yelling BILLS WIN BILLS WIN and waving a Bills flag.
                Last edited by JoeMama; 11-28-2012, 09:10 PM.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                  I was at that game as well.

I think you're talking about the 2008 matchup though. It was 110 degrees on the field - and not much cooler in the upper deck. I got heat stroke at that one. After Trentative hit Hardy in the endzone, the Jags fans started filing for the exits and only Bills fans remained to revel in the glory of a hard fought W.

The 2007 game was awful. We got destroyed as Losman coughed it up a few times. My buddy and I knew we were going to lose, so we got ****faced and ran out the stadium yelling BILLS WIN BILLS WIN and waving a Bills flag.
                  Yep you are right. I was in the upper deck too. When I got home after that game I was so screwed up from the heat, I passed out on my tile kitchen floor in my boxers to cool down. I don't even care about the come from behind win, the experience before the game with all the Bills fans tailgating and walking to the stadium doing the shout chant and everything else was awesome. And leaving the game in a mob of Bills fans doing the same thing. That was an awesome time lol.

Comment

• IAG
                    • Jan 2005

A sleeper "worst" memory for me was at the start of the 03 season, we smash the Pats and then went down south and smash the Jags. I think the outscored the opponent 69-17 or something like that...then proceeded to lose the next few and could not get out of their own way as we finished 6-10 and GW was canned.

The Bills looked world beaters early on and then...yuck.

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                      Ditto,

dishonorale mention for worst Bills v Jags (2004 home opener, we win that game, we don't need the Pittsburgh game and end the playoff drought at five seasons
                      Stupid Nate Clements trying to pick off a 4th down heave.

Comment

• Oaf
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                        Stupid Nate Clements trying to pick off a 4th down heave.
                        Bills football: Before the winning drive, Leftwich had gone 11-of-23 for 75 yards, converted just two of 10 third-down attempts and threw two interceptions. In the final 2:07, he went 7-of-13 for 72 yards, and converted three fourth-down plays.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from September 12, 2004 on ESPN.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

'06 was the best for me. A lot of energy in that stadium, which has been rare the past 13 years.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ThunderGun
                            • Dec 2011

The Nate Clements 4th down INT attempt gone wrong. Did Ernest Wilford score the game winning TD?

Comment

• Oaf
                              • Jun 2007

”The Jacksonville game to open that season, if we stop Jacksonville any one of the three fourth downs that they convert on the last drive of the game we don’t have to beat Pittsburgh to go to the playoffs."

Mularkey quoted that moment today. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...hard-feelings/

Curious, does anybody miss that guy, or Gregg Williams?

Comment

Working...
                              X