PDA

View Full Version : Spiller more carriers.

BillsOwnAll
11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I havent been on in a while im sorry if this was talked about.

When is chan going to realize we are a run first team. Im so sick of seeing this spread offense when we cant throw the ball. We have one maybe 2 NFL receivers. Then we have our by far best players, Cj Spiller. he rushes for 107 last week...on 14 carries. Why are we not giving him the ball 20-25 times a game. Hes young and probably the best/fastest hell ever be, USE HIM. We have the talent on offense to succeed. We just need to pound the rock and big things will happen, It will also open up he WRs for fitz to offset his abilities a little.

Sorry for the rant just had to say it to people who understand! Watch well give spiller the rock 30 times a game the rest of the season and kill him in meaningless games!

Oaf
11-29-2012, 05:14 PM
If we become a run-first team, Spiller's YPC might halve.

BidsJr
11-29-2012, 06:12 PM

Thanks Chan! Now get back to work.

ParanoidAndroid
11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Seriously though.... CJ gets big yards out of the draw. The problem is that our passing game isn't quite threatening enough for that to continue to work. On standard running plays, his YPC isn't so other-worldly but it's still good.
Chan has found ways to continue to make it work, though, and CJ is getting better and better at cutting off his blockers. How often do you see him running half-back dives like you might see Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson run 10 times a game? Maybe three?
The guy is a weapon, but I wonder if he can be a workhorse. I see him getting worn out before a D-line will.

kishoph
11-30-2012, 02:51 AM

You just can't assume that, it could go higher if he was to break a run or two, in fact, 2 of the 3 games where he's had his most carries, have his highest Y/A average and late in both of those games he ripped off runs of more than 20 yards, one run over 40. There is no reason why he can't and he shouldn't be getting 20 carries per game. I get sick and tired of hearing network analyst week after week all saying the same thing, "Spiller needs to get the ball more", yet out genius head coach can't get it through his head. It's funny, the two so called "geniuses" on the team both make the stupidest mistakes.

BillsOwnAll
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
You give the ball to your best player. High school coaches know that