PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bills, Byrd open contract talks

Ed
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Good to hear. Get it done.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/51544/source-bills-byrd-open-contract-talks

justasportsfan
11-30-2012, 10:49 AM
well it's already the offseason for the bills. Time for contract talks.

mikemac2001
11-30-2012, 10:51 AM
he knows he will be tagged

should take the better deal and we better pay him

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
My first thought was, "why would he want to re-sign here when he has a chance to go somewhere else to win?"

My second thought was "why WOULDN'T he want to re-sign here? He'll make millions, they'll be out of the playoffs by mid-November every year and then he can mail it in for 7-8 games like the rest of this POS team does."

The King
11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
This is one area Nix doesnt mess around with. Keep your good players.

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
This is one area, Nix doesnt mess around with. Keep your good players.

pretty easy when you only have about 6 of them.

The King
11-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Touche

Buddo
11-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Irrespective of anything else, this is good news. Byrd is becoming an exceptional safety, and is comfortably the best player we have in our secondary, and arguably the team. He's also one of the few genuine threats we have, to get a turnover, and seems to be involved in most of them, one way or another.

HAMMER
11-30-2012, 11:58 AM
He'd be nuts to re-up now, the open market will produce a great amount of leverage which would translate to bigger money. Besides, if SF or NE came calling would you want to go back to Siberia?

Buddo
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
He'd be nuts to re-up now, the open market will produce a great amount of leverage which would translate to bigger money. Besides, if SF or NE came calling would you want to go back to Siberia?

TBH, I don't expect him to have any choice in the matter next year, as even if they don't do a deal with him, he will get the franchise tag. So for Byrd this year, the 'open market' simply doesn't exist.

The King
11-30-2012, 01:10 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Byrd-open-to-re-signing-with-Bills/af3e9f89-4160-480f-8839-a46276e8a230

“Sure yeah if everything works out. I have no problems with Buffalo, but I know that around this time it’s about business, so I understand that too,” he said. “I love the fans here. We just have to win. That’s the biggest thing, just winning and I want to be somewhere where I’m wanted too. I want people to want me here and if that’s the case I have no problems with Buffalo and coach Gailey. Everybody here is great.”

He sounds physced.

ServoBillieves
11-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Pay the man. That's all.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Sign him, also sign our OL, and while we're at it get Mario to take a paycut and get Fitzpatrick a one way ticket out of town on the Megabus

don137
11-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I know I am biased but the Bills are not as bad as their 4-7 record. I truly think with a good head coach, QB and linebacker or two the Bills could be a very solid team. Bad coaching and QB are the downfall of the team. Man for man I do not think the 49ers are that much better than Buffalo. Difference is coaching and a QB that will not throw the critical INT.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-30-2012, 08:15 PM
I know I am biased but the Bills are not as bad as their 4-7 record. I truly think with a good head coach, QB and linebacker or two the Bills could be a very solid team. Bad coaching and QB are the downfall of the team. Man for man I do not think the 49ers are that much better than Buffalo. Difference is coaching and a QB that will not throw the critical INT.

Not even that much from being good, just a qb who can make good decisions and deliver the ball. A good qb and we beat New England at New England, beat Tennessee, beat Houston, and beat Indy. That's right, if we even had a competent qb we would be 8-3 this year.

OpIv37
11-30-2012, 10:57 PM

Their D is LEAGUES ahead of ours. Give us a QB and the offenses are comparable.

Mr. Magoo
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Finally we get some good news.

kishoph
12-01-2012, 03:11 AM
Their D is LEAGUES ahead of ours. Give us a QB and the offenses are comparable.

" The best defense is a good offense " there's truth to that quote, maybe if the offense could sustain some drives or build a lead, the results on defense and the game would be different (IMO). I'm not saying it would be the 49er's defense, but there'd be a difference. In the last 4 losses, the defense had done well enough for the Bills to win, but the common denominator in all 4 losses is a turnover late in the game by Fitzpatrick. Out of those games, only in the Houston loss was the team down by more than 1 score when the turnover occurred, although in the 2nd half, the defense held, but the offense could do nothing all game, having 3 failed attempts in the red zone and going 2 for 17 on 3rd down conversions. Any defense is going to suffer with an incompetent offense, there's not of low scoring games in the NFL.

YardRat
12-01-2012, 06:06 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Byrd-open-to-re-signing-with-Bills/af3e9f89-4160-480f-8839-a46276e8a230

He sounds physced.

That doesn't sound psyched to me...that sounds 'show me the money, and I'm OK sticking around. Don't, and I'm out of here.'

Regardless, hopefully they can keep Byrd in Buffalo, but I wouldn't expect anything to get done until well into the off-season.

djjimkelly
12-01-2012, 06:25 AM

it has to start somewhere is all im saying

OpIv37
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
" The best defense is a good offense " there's truth to that quote, maybe if the offense could sustain some drives or build a lead, the results on defense and the game would be different (IMO). I'm not saying it would be the 49er's defense, but there'd be a difference. In the last 4 losses, the defense had done well enough for the Bills to win, but the common denominator in all 4 losses is a turnover late in the game by Fitzpatrick. Out of those games, only in the Houston loss was the team down by more than 1 score when the turnover occurred, although in the 2nd half, the defense held, but the offense could do nothing all game, having 3 failed attempts in the red zone and going 2 for 17 on 3rd down conversions. Any defense is going to suffer with an incompetent offense, there's not of low scoring games in the NFL.
The D gave up a 6 minute drive against Indy in the first half. They allowed 50% completion rate in 3rd down including a 3rd and 11 and a 3rd and 17. Fitz sucks in his own right, but it's not his fault that the D can't get off the field.

kishoph
12-02-2012, 06:52 AM
I need help with this, on WGR the talking head just said that Butch Byrd is Jairus Byrd's father, this is wrong, correct ? I know his father played in the NFL, but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't Butch Byrd, who played for the Bills in the late 60's. I tried to look it up, but couldn't find it.

Extremebillsfan247
12-02-2012, 07:17 AM
I need help with this, on WGR the talking head just said that Butch Byrd is Jairus Byrd's father, this is wrong, correct ? I know his father played in the NFL, but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't Butch Byrd, who played for the Bills in the late 60's. I tried to look it up, but couldn't find it.

Gill Byrd is his father, former San Diego Charger, and now a coaching assistant with the Chicago Bears.

YardRat
12-02-2012, 07:23 AM

Just another example of GR55 not being worth a damn. Except for Sal, of course.

kishoph
12-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks Extremebillsfan247, I was thinking how could I have not known that Butch Byrd was his father. WGR on the ball, I don't want to say who said it, because I'm not sure it was who I think, but if it was, he's a so called Bills reporter.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Buffalo needs to resign Byrd and Levitre, enough letting solid starters walk and replacing them with crap.

lmcshadow
12-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Better now then later..Dont want other teams to circle our bandwagon

Luisito23
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Buffalo needs to resign Byrd and Levitre, enough letting solid starters walk and replacing them with crap.

Actually, signing our own FAs has been one thing that Nix has been real good at.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Actually, signing our own FAs has been one thing that Nix has been real good at.

That needs to continue. Signing both will be a huge move.