• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Source: Bills, Byrd open contract talks

Good to hear. Get it done.

The Buffalo Bills (4-7) were essentially knocked out of the playoff race after last week's loss to the Indianapolis Colts. But that hasn't stopped the Bills from thinking about their long-term future.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Source: Bills, Byrd open contract talks

well it's already the offseason for the bills. Time for contract talks.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

he knows he will be tagged

should take the better deal and we better pay him

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

My first thought was, "why would he want to re-sign here when he has a chance to go somewhere else to win?"

My second thought was "why WOULDN'T he want to re-sign here? He'll make millions, they'll be out of the playoffs by mid-November every year and then he can mail it in for 7-8 games like the rest of this POS team does."
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

This is one area Nix doesnt mess around with. Keep your good players.
          Last edited by The King; 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
            This is one area, Nix doesnt mess around with. Keep your good players.
            pretty easy when you only have about 6 of them.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              pretty easy when you only have about 6 of them.
              Touche
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

Irrespective of anything else, this is good news. Byrd is becoming an exceptional safety, and is comfortably the best player we have in our secondary, and arguably the team. He's also one of the few genuine threats we have, to get a turnover, and seems to be involved in most of them, one way or another.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

He'd be nuts to re-up now, the open market will produce a great amount of leverage which would translate to bigger money. Besides, if SF or NE came calling would you want to go back to Siberia?

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                    He'd be nuts to re-up now, the open market will produce a great amount of leverage which would translate to bigger money. Besides, if SF or NE came calling would you want to go back to Siberia?
                    TBH, I don't expect him to have any choice in the matter next year, as even if they don't do a deal with him, he will get the franchise tag. So for Byrd this year, the 'open market' simply doesn't exist.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

“Sure yeah if everything works out. I have no problems with Buffalo, but I know that around this time it’s about business, so I understand that too,” he said. “I love the fans here. We just have to win. That’s the biggest thing, just winning and I want to be somewhere where I’m wanted too. I want people to want me here and if that’s the case I have no problems with Buffalo and coach Gailey. Everybody here is great.”
                      He sounds physced.
                      It was all

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

Pay the man. That's all.
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Gibby
                          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                          • Jun 2006

Sign him, also sign our OL, and while we're at it get Mario to take a paycut and get Fitzpatrick a one way ticket out of town on the Megabus

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

I know I am biased but the Bills are not as bad as their 4-7 record. I truly think with a good head coach, QB and linebacker or two the Bills could be a very solid team. Bad coaching and QB are the downfall of the team. Man for man I do not think the 49ers are that much better than Buffalo. Difference is coaching and a QB that will not throw the critical INT.

Comment

• Gibby
                              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by don137 View Post
                              I know I am biased but the Bills are not as bad as their 4-7 record. I truly think with a good head coach, QB and linebacker or two the Bills could be a very solid team. Bad coaching and QB are the downfall of the team. Man for man I do not think the 49ers are that much better than Buffalo. Difference is coaching and a QB that will not throw the critical INT.
                              Not even that much from being good, just a qb who can make good decisions and deliver the ball. A good qb and we beat New England at New England, beat Tennessee, beat Houston, and beat Indy. That's right, if we even had a competent qb we would be 8-3 this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X