PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix: Stop asking about Gailey and Fitzpatrick, or I'll hang up and listen

BLeonard
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/11/buddy-nix-stop-asking-about-gailey-and-fitzpatrick-or-ill-hang-up-and-listen.html

Buddy Nix acknowledges that Buffalo Bills fans are fed up with the idea of Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick returning next year.

Nix is fed up with the questions.

Buffalo's general manager threatened to end his weekly show on WGR about two minutes after it started if host Howard Simon didn't talk about something else. Simon asked some pointed questions about how committed the Bills are to keeping Gailey as coach and Fitzpatrick as quarterback.

"Howard, you can change the subject, or we can let this thing go dead," Nix said after hearing one too many questions about Gailey and Fitzpatrick.

Simon's opening question to Nix regarded the difficulties of maintaining a stay-the-course philosophy when the team is 4-7 and about to miss the playoffs a 13th straight season.

"I don't think you preach that all is well because it's not," Nix said. "We haven't won enough games. But to keep saying 'Stay the course' is not hard. I think the hard part of that is listening to it. You people that have to hear it, they get tired of it, and I don't blame them.

"But I do know this: You have to do it. You just cannot have complete turmoil and turnover all the time. Again, it's not hard for me to sit here and say that that's the right way. It's just hard for fans and you guys to hear it."

Exhibit A on why Buddy Nix has no business being an NFL GM... Gets all pissed off and wants to "change the subject" when someone asks him a question he doesn't like?

Hey, Buddy, your Head Coach has had 3 years and is 14-29... He's lost more than double the amount of games he's won.

What happend to "Show me the baby"?

-Bill

Don't Panic
11-30-2012, 08:39 PM
His theory is sound, but the practice has been so subpar that he shouldn't be surprised that people are fed up at this point. Continuity is definitely a necessity if we're going to have long-term success. I think we all get that. He has proven that he believes we can be successful with the team that is in place (for the most part). What he fails to see is that he might have made a mistake with Chan and/or not improving the QB position. Its great that he's loyal, its just plainly unproven that he's loyal to the right guys.

We're almost certainly looking at pretty much the same team next year, so if you're going to continue to tune in, you might as well hope they make some minor changes that can at least give us a better chance to win with Chan and Fitz at the helm. As a fan, I hope he's right... I just doubt he is.

TrEd FTW
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM
We're almost certainly looking at pretty much the same team next year

I'd almost rather have no team than be force fed Gailey and Fitzpatrick for another ****ing season.

bf1
11-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Intellectual laziness. I don't think Nix has enough business savviness and acumen to do an effective job. No trades. No moves on draft day. It's like he only has the intellectual capacity to do one thing at a time. Which is draft and hope for the best. The Patriots are the epitome of being movers and shakers.

Syderick
12-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Honestly who do we have to replace them? The Bills won't get Gruden, Reid, Cowher, or any decent Coordinator/College head coach. The Qb draft class is weak, and the FA isn't any better. What improvements can the team make?

kishoph
12-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Unless something isn't done about Fitz and/or Gailey, I'm not too disappointed in what Nix has done, he has successfully singed our top FA's and gone out and landed a couple of big name FA's, these are things that the Bills have not been able to accomplish in years past. It's still early to tell about the drafts, they don't look great, but how much of that is because of development. It's become redundant, but the major flaws on this team are at QB and coach(s). It seems that Nix has made a mistake in hiring Gailey, but he can fix that, if he does, then this team will have a chance to become competitive again, if he doesn't, it will be 14 years. As far as being "movers and shakers" like NE, there's isn't many teams that do it like the Pats (probably what separates them), GM's don't like taking many risks that NE can afford to.

Night Train
12-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Brandon sounded very upset a couple days back, basically stating the last 3 games at the Ralph will not come close to selling out.

Nothing is etched in stone.

Littman is Ralphs right hand man with the $$ in Detroit.. but Brandon is in charge of the team in Orchard Park and also has to market this team going forward. He couldn't sell this current product going forward if he tried. Ticket sales show this tired act is played out.

So we can go on about Chan still having a year left on his contract and what he and Nix have to say.. but their current positions are very much in danger. Let them talk. Means nothing.

Changes could soon be coming.

DynaPaul
12-01-2012, 06:56 AM
They made my decision for me. No game tickets, merchandise, or NFL Ticket subscription in 2013. Sorry guys but I gave you 13 years. I'll still watch the games when they're on local TV but that's about it.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Brandon sounded very upset a couple days back, basically stating the last 3 games at the Ralph will not come close to selling out.

Littman is Ralphs right hand man with the $$ in Detroit.. but Brandon is in charge of the team in Orchard Park and also has to market this team going forward. He couldn't sell this current product going forward if he tried. Ticket sales show this tired act is played out.

So we can go on about Chan still having a year left on his contract and what he and Nix have to say.. but their current positions are very much in danger. Let them talk. Means nothing.

I haven't seen that bull**** commercial with Steve Johnson in it about Lets go Buffalo and buy some tickets. The PR department might have finally realized wasting money on commercials was futile. Nobody wants to pay top dollar to watch this three ring circus.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I had trouble talking my cousin into paying 20 dollars for one of my extra tickets for this Sundays game.

coastal
12-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Brandon isn't going to bonus... Of course he's pissed.

ServoBillieves
12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
First time in my life I haven't made it to at least 1 NFL game in my entire life. That being said, I'm not really making an effort. I could probably get a ticket for my wife and me for $20 after kickoff easily, but meh... I have to fix a leak under the sink.

kingJofNYC
12-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Exhibit A is his drafts.

In fairness, what do you expect Nix to say in November? Ask him the question in January when he can actually can fire Gailey if he desires. Won't be able to duck the questions in a month, for now he can't give an answer. Can't come out and trash Fitz/Gailey, if he keeps them around then it's open season on Buddy.

I'm not sure how this irritates fans, the drafts are what should irritate all of us.

Novacane
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
There's a reason no other team made this redneck a GM.

IAG
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Bull crap on Buddy's part. Answer the damn questions.

Extremebillsfan247
12-02-2012, 08:05 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/11/buddy-nix-stop-asking-about-gailey-and-fitzpatrick-or-ill-hang-up-and-listen.html

Exhibit A on why Buddy Nix has no business being an NFL GM... Gets all pissed off and wants to "change the subject" when someone asks him a question he doesn't like?

Hey, Buddy, your Head Coach has had 3 years and is 14-29... He's lost more than double the amount of games he's won.

What happend to "Show me the baby"?

-Bill He's like Gailey, all out of answers. Great scout, not good at making the tough management decisions needed to be effective. But, that's my opinion. You know what made Polian work here? he had the balls to tell Ralph Wilson no. Nix strikes me as a guy who is more concerned with being Ralph's right hand man if you get my meaning. lol

YardRat
12-02-2012, 08:14 AM
I had trouble talking my cousin into paying 20 dollars for one of my extra tickets for this Sundays game.

My friend and I were downtown shopping, and while in a store he left two tickets to today's game on the dashboard of his locked car. When we returned to the vehicle, we were horrified to discover that his driver's side window had been shattered and the vandal had left two more tix on the dash.