PDA

View Full Version : What a shocking development today

Thurmal
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Wow, it seems that when you have a crappy QB and two Pro-Bowl caliber RBs, your offense actually works much better if you run the ball primarily. Who woulda thunk it? Kudos to Gailey for taking less than 50 games to figure it out.

ZAZusmc03
12-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Wow, it seems that when you have a crappy QB and two Pro-Bowl caliber RBs, your offense actually works much better if you run the ball primarily. Who woulda thunk it? Kudos to Gailey for taking less than 50 games to figure it out.

If only it poured rain every game of the season...

Typ0
12-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I dont understand about the 50 yard field goal though...something stinks about Chans BS

The King
12-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Freddy looked like shades of 2011 today

imbondz
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
it was the Jags

GingerP
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Helps to play the Jags.

Skooby
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Helps to play the Jags.

If every team was like this, we'd be holding chrome in Feb.

ICRockets
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I dont understand about the 50 yard field goal though...something stinks about Chans BS

Lindell had major wind at his back for that FG. It's the only way he both nails it AND kicks the ball out of the endzone on the ensuing kickoff.

TigerJ
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
The Jags are not very good defending against the run. It mad sense to run quite a bit today. There are some games against solid run defenses where it doesn't make as much sense to run the ball as much, particularly when those teams are stacking the box and daring you to pass. What bothers me most about Chan Gailey's play calling is his tendency to string six and seven running plays together or six and seven passing plays. I know when you run successfully for several plays, it tends to bring the safeties up closer to the line. That's when I think you should pass. Don't wait until the safeties are up AND the other team has stuffed two running plays in a row to put you in a third and long.

ServoBillieves
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Can we cry more about winning? Yes, we should have ran the ball more. **** the stupid spread/pistol/college offense, we all know it. And last time I checked most of you have said the Bills were a college/non-pro team, so what the hell does that make the Jags if that's your excuse?

Happy with the win today, shows this team is still better than 5 teams in the league. If you want to lose for a better draft pick with our stellar reputation, kudos to you.

Crisis
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Can we cry more about winning? Yes, we should have ran the ball more. **** the stupid spread/pistol/college offense, we all know it. And last time I checked most of you have said the Bills were a college/non-pro team, so what the hell does that make the Jags if that's your excuse?

Happy with the win today, shows this team is still better than 5 teams in the league. If you want to lose for a better draft pick with our stellar reputation, kudos to you.

a team who will probably be picking 1st overall in the draft.

BertSquirtgum
12-03-2012, 12:02 AM

Yeah, we were in the stands wondering what the hell was going on. He lets him kick a 50 yarder in 40mph winds and rain but not a 52 yarder inside a dome. Gailey is such a schmuck.

BertSquirtgum
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Lindell had major wind at his back for that FG. It's the only way he both nails it AND kicks the ball out of the endzone on the ensuing kickoff.

It was out of the south, so he had no wind at his back.

kishoph
12-03-2012, 02:49 AM
The biggest plus from running the ball more, means Fitz passes less.

Night Train
12-03-2012, 04:30 AM
What sucks is when we play an actual good team and they stuff the run early. Gailey then abandons it for a long stretch, turning to the erratic Fitz and it's game over...for us.

notacon
12-03-2012, 08:20 AM

Sorry...the real reason is that the Jags are ****ty.

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
The Jags looked horrible with lots of inaccurate throws, dropped passes, and missed tackles.

That is pretty much how the rest of the league sees us.

trapezeus
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we were in the stands wondering what the hell was going on. He lets him kick a 50 yarder in 40mph winds and rain but not a 52 yarder inside a dome. Gailey is such a schmuck.

damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. at least it showed that he learned that trusting a kicker is worth it. if he punts there again and they lose momentum, then he's screwed.

And who knew that a december game would be when gailey finally uses fitz correctly.

stuckincincy
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Eh. Spiller makes big noises against cheesy teams with losing records.

He's no game changer against decent clubs.

Typ0
12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Stuck you better start watching the games....Spiller is lighting anyone and everyone up.

Beebe
12-06-2012, 12:55 AM
The biggest plus from running the ball more, means Fitz passes less.

Yeah and he threw for 112 yards and we win and when he throws for 280 we lose please CHAN keep running the ball please.

kishoph
12-06-2012, 02:46 AM
The Bills are 5-22 when Fitz has more than 30 attempts and are 15-7 when he has less than 30 attempts. I know you throw more when you're behind, but there's more to it than just that. Over 17% of Fitz's attempts are poor throws which account for 44.8% of his incompletions, that's almost half of his incomplete passes are due to poor throws, highest in the league among starters. With the running game we have, there's no reason to have Fitz throw it 30+ times.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7426&team=2