PDA

View Full Version : R. Wilson

Mike
12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
There were a few members on this site, about a year ago, that suggested the Bills draft R. Wilson... He is tearing it up right now and the reason why Seattle beat Chicago and appears to be playoff bound. Which bring me to the real issue of this team -talent evaluation.

Not to kick a dead horse, who is this year's Russell Wilson? Any of the draft-able 2013 QBs worth it?

[I remember this in particular because as it turns out, some of the talent evaluators on this site are better than many of the recent GMs, which first became evident to me in how many member here wanted the Bills to draft Schuab the year we got Lossman...so many many years later it seemed quite like dejavu when Wilson as so strongly mentioned.]

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
I loved him coming out of college. Partly because he was the QB for Wisconsin. But I really liked him composure, guts, and intelligence. Wish we would've taken him in the 3rd instead of TJ Graham.

Mouldsie
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I think they may have liked him but expected him to fall further and were too enamored with Fitzpatrick.

I would have pulled the trigger on Wilson like you. Intangibles off the charts.

k-oneputt
12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Tyler Wilson.

May be available in rd.2.

I would use the 1st rd. pick on him if needed.

The Toe Show
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes - he would have been an excellent selection.

Clearly our evaluation criteria is off because we keep missing great guys.

I do believe he was on our board...but I don't understand why we had TJ Graham higher on our big board.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
There were a few members on this site, about a year ago, that suggested the Bills draft R. Wilson... He is tearing it up right now and the reason why Seattle beat Chicago and appears to be playoff bound. Which bring me to the real issue of this team -talent evaluation.

Not to kick a dead horse, who is this year's Russell Wilson? Any of the draft-able 2013 QBs worth it?

[I remember this in particular because as it turns out, some of the talent evaluators on this site are better than many of the recent GMs, which first became evident to me in how many member here wanted the Bills to draft Schuab the year we got Lossman...so many many years later it seemed quite like dejavu when Wilson as so strongly mentioned.]

I don't think there is one. The reason Wilson made such an intriguing prospect is that he had literally every trait you could want except height. He was a multi-year starter who played in several big games (had his team not given up two games to hail maries, Wisky would have taken Bama's spot in the BCS title game). He switched schools, played in two offenses, and mastered both. He has long arms for his size, so his release point was higher and his throws much stronger than typical for 5'11. He was stocky enough to take hits yet athletic to pick up yards with his feet. He had absurd stats, he was the most efficient QB in college that year (even moreso than Luck and RG3), and did it behind an NFL-sized Oline at a cold-weather school.

People say that if he was 6'2+ he'd have been the 3rd overall rather than a third rounder and I'm inclined to agree. I don't see anyone like that in this draft tbh.

kingJofNYC
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Tyler Wilson is my guy as well.

k-oneputt
12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I seen Tyler Wilson beat Tex A&M last year. In that game Ark was down early and big in the game. He brought that team back to win but what really stuck about him was how he hung in the pocket making throw after throw while getting the **** knocked out of him.
I love the intangiables with this kid and I think he has the arm to make the throws.. He's a leader and a tough kid.

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I seen Tyler Wilson beat Tex A&M last year. In that game Ark was down early and big in the game. He brought that team back to win but what really stuck about him was how he hung in the pocket making throw after throw while getting the **** knocked out of him.
I love the intangiables with this kid and I think he has the arm to make the throws.. He's a leader and a tough kid.
I won't pretend to be a scout nor have I watched many college games. But from just a few youtube videos of Wilson, my take away is that yes he hangs tough in the pocket, atheletic enough to make plays with his legs, but he doesn't seem to be very accurate, and throws mainly short passes. That's the downfall for Fitz that we hate, inaccuracy and lack of guts/arm/vision for long bombs.

DraftBoy
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Tyler Wilson.

May be available in rd.2.

I would use the 1st rd. pick on him if needed.

No...he won't.

k-oneputt
12-03-2012, 08:43 PM
No...he won't.

Then use pick #1 on him. and if they have to trade up.
I really don't care how they do it but they need a qb now.

Mike
12-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Russel Wilson reminds me of Doug Flutie...

- - - Updated - - -

Would have been great in a Bills uni and 2012 could have had shades of 1999

trapezeus
12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
i doubt chan would have given up on fitz if we had wilson...we would have still be pre-ordained to go through this misery because chan loves fitz...the team loves fitz. they all want him to succeed.

i was also on the draft wilson late believer. i just loved that he was a winner.

That is more important to me than anything else. get me the footage of big games. show me how they performed. Then show me that he is accurate for a full season, then show me his supporting cast, combine results, etc, and i'll let you know what i think.

If the Bills had a partially servicable year at QB and could let Bray sit on the bench with fitz getting us to 4-4, i'd have liked to see him get drafted. but the bills need a guy who can take over on day 1 and outplays fitz by a large margin in training camp. not sure if Bray or Smith, guys who have a lot of upside, would displace fitz' knowledge of system early enough.

This team is just so screwed, it's unbillievable.