• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Fletcher...

I know, beating a dead horse.

But watching this guy kills me. We never should have let him go. LB is clearly our biggest weakness, and the guy can STILL flat-out play, even in his mid-30's.

Talent evaluation fails the Bills yet again...
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Fletcher...

He left Buffalo after getting older with multiple injuries, anonmolies do happen.

Comment

• GingerP
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      He left Buffalo after getting older with multiple injuries, anonmolies do happen.
      Right... getting older with multiple injuries. They got rid of him because he was breaking down.

Meanwhile, he has a 236 consecutive games played streak.

I hope you were being ironic.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Would have been nice to keep him.

We wouldn't have drafted that slow injury prone white stiff and used that pick on a better player and still had a top flight MLB today.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

I was watching the game and thinking about making a thread to ask this question. Why did the Bills ever let him go to begin with? He was great while he played here.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Terrible post.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

I thought he was awful tonight to be honest, really showed his age, kind of sad but he was playing with a bum ankle. With that said I agree with your premise. Guy is a leader, was a great player for us, never should have been let go, same deal with Pat Williams. Both played great football after they left Buffalo, though we can say that about a lot of ex-Bills, but Pat Williams and Fletcher in particular, especially Pat. Hard to find genuine NT in this league.

Jauron had his wunderkind Poz, so I guess he had no use for Fletcher.

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

Don't forget Winfield

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Fletcher was let go generally with the fans happy to see him go.

Because somewhere along the way people started to think he sucked because he wasn't Ray Lewis, and him leading the league in tackles (or close to it) meant nothing because he wasn't killing people in his limo and dumping... wait... no... i mean killing RBs in the hole or that most of his tackles were junk because most weren't behind the LOS.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

Because somewhere along the way people started to think he sucked because he wasn't Ray Lewis, and him leading the league in tackles (or close to it) meant nothing because he wasn't killing people in his limo and dumping... wait... no... i mean killing RBs in the hole or that most of his tackles were junk because most weren't behind the LOS.
                  The fans are not football experts who get paid millions to get it right. The FO is. Brandon has the marketing aspect locked down. The rest of the FO should concentrate on making the right football tradition.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

That was supposed to say "transaction," not tradition. Damn auto correct.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Most often when a player is part of the team, the fans overrate him and when he leaves the team, the same fans blast him. When Fletcher left the Fans were happy the same way they were happy to see Pat go, and Peters, and Winfield, and Clements, et al.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                        Right... getting older with multiple injuries. They got rid of him because he was breaking down.

Meanwhile, he has a 236 consecutive games played streak.

I hope you were being ironic.
                        Completely sarcastic, it's another example of how our management has screwed the pooch.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Like Poz, Fletcher was a drag down tackler after the RB already gained 7-8 yards. Avoided sticking his body in the hole at all costs.

Good locker room guy but that doesn't get the job done on the field. His peak was winning the SB with the Rams 13-14 years ago.

Just because Sheppard & Barnett aren't playing well doesn't cloud my memeory of Fletcher, Poz and others that didn't get the job done. That's the Bills not putting effective talent on the field.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                            I thought he was awful tonight to be honest, really showed his age, kind of sad but he was playing with a bum ankle. With that said I agree with your premise. Guy is a leader, was a great player for us, never should have been let go, same deal with Pat Williams. Both played great football after they left Buffalo, though we can say that about a lot of ex-Bills, but Pat Williams and Fletcher in particular, especially Pat. Hard to find genuine NT in this league.

Jauron had his wunderkind Poz, so I guess he had no use for Fletcher.

The same goes for Poz, sure he would of cost a lot, but good players are going to cost and as far as "he only made tackles 8 yds. down field", that was a complete myth. This year in 12 games, Poz has over 100 total tackles, 3 int's, 7 PD's and 2 FF's, while our MLB has 51 total tackles and that's it, no int's, no passes defensed, no forced fumbles and basically sucks.

Comment

• IAG
                              • Jan 2005

A great signing by Tom Donahoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X