PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock V1.4

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft/

Based on some of my opinions, some of what Im hearing, and some stuff intended to preview things I haven't released yet.

Bills don't go QB or WR.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a link to either a report, article, or game notes on every single player in that mock.

T-Long
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I can't see Te'O falling out of the top 5, let alone top 10. Would love to see it happen, just think it's doubtful

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I can't see Te'O falling out of the top 5, let alone top 10. Would love to see it happen, just think it's doubtful

Id say its probable as of today, he could fall out of the Top 15.

He's the opposite of Wilson, overrated by fans for the most part.

Imo he's 10-15 range guy, taking him Top 10 is saying you believe he's as good or better than what Willis is in SF and he's not. He's better than Kuechly but he's not better than Willis.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Where do you think Romo and Rivers end up in your scenario?

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Where do you think Romo and Rivers end up in your scenario?

I dont often project FA's but Id say you're sitting on a board of a team that would end up with one of them if they are available.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I dont often project FA's but Id say you're sitting on a board of a team that would end up with one of them if they are available.

Probably, but could we get either without giving up our #1?

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Probably, but could we get either without giving up our #1?

I think so, QB market isn't what it once was. Rivers has a big contract that some team will have to eat, and Romo only has one year left.

Ed
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Would LB Ogletree be a good fit for the D?

X-Era
12-04-2012, 12:01 PM
He is one of my top two or three guys that I would really like the Bills to land.

TigerJ
12-04-2012, 12:06 PM
You're not alone in projecting Teo to the bills, but iI'm sure you already know that.

Mouldsie
12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
But Teo isn't from the South...

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Would LB Ogletree be a good fit for the D?

I actually think he'd project outside in a 43.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not alone in projecting Teo to the bills, but iI'm sure you already know that.

Yup, one of the rare instances where I mock what a lot of people are thinking.

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 12:49 PM
But Teo isn't from the South...

No but he's from Hawaii, that' just as good right?

gonzo1105
12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Did I miss something? Where is Jarvis Jones?

- - - Updated - - -

HAMMER
12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Oh Lord do I want Wilson in Buffalo, I have seen enough of ****zpatrick.

YardRat
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
That would be very cool.

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 04:52 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Not in the first round, either is Mingo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Lord do I want Wilson in Buffalo, I have seen enough of ****zpatrick.

I would like to as well, but as it stands I dont think he makes it out of the Top 10.

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I should add this is the final single round mock, starting in a couple of weeks Ill move to 2 Rounds.

Also tomorrow Ill complete the rest of the Bills picks for the remainder of the draft.

Suggestions?

Ed
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I should add this is the final single round mock, starting in a couple of weeks Ill move to 2 Rounds.

Also tomorrow Ill complete the rest of the Bills picks for the remainder of the draft.

Suggestions?
Pick someone good.

Lone Stranger
12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
My question is = Is Wislon good enough to warrant trading up for ...say this year's and next year's first. He may not be an RGIII but we are in desparate need of a quality QB. It seems to be working pretty well for Washington.

bigbub2352
12-04-2012, 07:51 PM
would love the pick....what qb do you see us taking in the 2nd rd?

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
would love the pick....what qb do you see us taking in the 2nd rd?

You can find that out tomorrow when I release the full Bills Mock! I believe that's what they call a 'tease'!

Don't Panic
12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I actually think he'd project outside in a 43.

Interesting... I figured for sure he was a 43 MLB. Do you feel he can play the position or that its not even an option?

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Interesting... I figured for sure he was a 43 MLB. Do you feel he can play the position or that its not even an option?

I haven't really considered it. He's still a really raw LB to begin with. I'd have to think about that.

k-oneputt
12-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Philly and Pitt will take o-tackles. Especially Philly where they will be drafting.

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Philly and Pitt will take o-tackles. Especially Philly where they will be drafting.

Meh, not worth reaching for Lewan to pass on a talent like Allen.

gr8slayer
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM

I'd like to squash anyone's thought of Romo leaving Dallas; never going to happen.

DraftBoy
12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd like to squash anyone's thought of Romo leaving Dallas; never going to happen.

Not what I've been told.

Mouldsie
12-04-2012, 11:04 PM
If Romo is out in Big D I'd take him here. Gear up for Johnny Manziel in 2014 haha

DraftBoy
12-05-2012, 07:48 AM
If Romo is out in Big D I'd take him here. Gear up for Johnny Manziel in 2014 haha
That would be tough since Manziel won't be in the 2014 Draft.

Bills Juggernaut
12-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Could you see Mike Glennon lasting until the Bills pick in the second? I see he is quickly moving up draft boards, with some feeling he is better NFL QB than Barkely.....

Ed
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I think Romo is going to be 33 next season. If they release him then sure go for it, but I wouldn't want to see the Bills give anything up to get him and I'd still want to draft a QB.

As for LB Ogletree, could he still be that "3 down game changer" type of LB on the outside that Nix mentioned in the monday qb club?

Mouldsie
12-05-2012, 01:37 PM
2015*

Raptor
12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Id take it

kingJofNYC
12-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Dion Jordan over Te'o all day every day.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I think Romo is going to be 33 next season. If they release him then sure go for it, but I wouldn't want to see the Bills give anything up to get him and I'd still want to draft a QB.

As for LB Ogletree, could he still be that "3 down game changer" type of LB on the outside that Nix mentioned in the monday qb club?
On Ogletree... maybe.

To me he's a tweener. He's too slow to play SS but doesn't have the bulk to play ILB. I see him more as a Bryan Scott type who may have a role as an OLB who can cover the slot and TE's. Gronkowski ran a 4.75 at the Combine.

He's 6' 3" and around 234 with 4.76 speed.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110968&draftyear=2014&genpos=ILB

Mr. Magoo
12-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I can't see T'eo falling that far either. I would like for us to trade back and take Glennon in the first. I feel that he is one of the most NFL ready QB's in the draft. Also seeing Glennon and TJ back together would be awesome to see.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Don't agree. Te'o's leadership alone makes him more valuable than Jordan. And that says nothing for his penchant to get INT's in coverage and tackling ability.

Te'o does more for our defense than Jordan IMO.

Don't Panic
12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Ogletree has 2 inches and 15 pounds on Scott... and he's only going to get bigger. When I watch him play, I see potential sideline to sideline LB, which is exactly what we need.

DraftBoy
12-05-2012, 06:14 PM

To play where?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see T'eo falling that far either. I would like for us to trade back and take Glennon in the first. I feel that he is one of the most NFL ready QB's in the draft. Also seeing Glennon and TJ back together would be awesome to see.

No need to trade back into the first for Glennon at this time.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Ogletree has 2 inches and 15 pounds on Scott... and he's only going to get bigger. When I watch him play, I see potential sideline to sideline LB, which is exactly what we need.My point was that he isn't prototypical ILB size.

DraftBoy
12-05-2012, 07:20 PM
After talking to a few people the consensus on Ogletree seems to be he's an OLB prospect more than ILB or MLB. Weakside in either the 34 or 43.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
After talking to a few people the consensus on Ogletree seems to be he's an OLB prospect more than ILB or MLB. Weakside in either the 34 or 43.So a Barnett replacement? I like the possibilities.

Then later in the draft a player like Gerald Hodges as a backup SLB. I wonder if Kevin Reddick can play SLB as well.

Don't Panic
12-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm still open to Barkley in the 1st as well... not buying into the Sanchez comparisons. He could be just fine under the right coach.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm still open to Barkley in the 1st as well... not buying into the Sanchez comparisons. He could be just fine under the right coach.Bigger fan of Geno.

Parzival
12-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't see Rivers being out in SD. He's had a bad year but I think that a lot more of that is being blamed on Norv and their GM AJ Smith.

DraftBoy
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't see Rivers being out in SD. He's had a bad year but I think that a lot more of that is being blamed on Norv and their GM AJ Smith.

And what do new coaches and GM's usually want?

kingJofNYC
12-05-2012, 11:27 PM
To play where?

- - - Updated - - -

No need to trade back into the first for Glennon at this time.

He can play SLB, and rush on passing downs. See Von Miller, not saying he is Von but he can have a similar role in a 43. Where would he play in Miami, they're not running a 34 its a 43. This team needs another pass rusher, and few can bend like Jordan, can also drop back and cover.

Whatever, everyone's buying the Teo hype, I'm certainly not one of them and I felton Kuechly was a better prospect coming out, not the only one either.

As far as Teo and his interceptions, he had zero coming into this year, go back and watch some of them, tips/deflections or right to him, none that screamed coverage LB. Spond is NDs best cover linebacker by far.

kingJofNYC
12-06-2012, 12:06 AM
I know Jordan's raw, but he has a heigh ceiling, his floor may also be low so thats not what you want out of first round selection. Know this team needs a linebacker but a DE can also help a ton, there's zero depth on this team. Kelsay is ****, Anderson is a one trick pony who's only had two productive years in his entire career.

Moore, Mingo, Ansah, Jordan are guys that should be under consideration, even if takes Jordan a couple of years, not like this teams is winning any time soon. Ansah is under the radar, but Ive watched him twice, once against ND and he was a menace, amazing motor on that guy, he never stops. He's Osi but with JJ Watts motor.

Don't Panic
12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Bigger fan of Geno.

As am I, but I'm assuming he'll be gone by the time we pick... I'd be happy with any of Teo, Ogletree, Barkley or Geno. We'd be addressing our most glaring weakness on either side of the ball if we took one of those four. That would work for me.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 07:08 AM
He can play SLB, and rush on passing downs. See Von Miller, not saying he is Von but he can have a similar role in a 43. Where would he play in Miami, they're not running a 34 its a 43. This team needs another pass rusher, and few can bend like Jordan, can also drop back and cover.

Whatever, everyone's buying the Teo hype, I'm certainly not one of them and I felton Kuechly was a better prospect coming out, not the only one either.

As far as Teo and his interceptions, he had zero coming into this year, go back and watch some of them, tips/deflections or right to him, none that screamed coverage LB. Spond is NDs best cover linebacker by far.

I dont see Jordan playing SLB in a 43. I really think he's a 34 only guy and probably on the Weak Side. He plays out of the two point stance a good bit at Oregon to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

I know Jordan's raw, but he has a heigh ceiling, his floor may also be low so thats not what you want out of first round selection. Know this team needs a linebacker but a DE can also help a ton, there's zero depth on this team. Kelsay is ****, Anderson is a one trick pony who's only had two productive years in his entire career.

Moore, Mingo, Ansah, Jordan are guys that should be under consideration, even if takes Jordan a couple of years, not like this teams is winning any time soon. Ansah is under the radar, but Ive watched him twice, once against ND and he was a menace, amazing motor on that guy, he never stops. He's Osi but with JJ Watts motor.

All good names, and I like Jordan a lot, I just dont think he fits our D. I have notes coming on Ansah very soon from his game v. San Jose State.