• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Buddy Nix - "Ryan Fitzpatrick is serviceable."

Your gm calls your quarterback serviceable to the media. He basically called him terrible. At least Buddy can see that Fitzputrid isn't worth the **** that comes out of a horse's a-hole. Now, it's not a good thing that the GM is so inept it took three years to see it but at least he sees it now. We all know Ralph won't fire Buddy. I think Gailey should be fired just for putting his trust in Fitzputrid alone. The #1 thing holding this offense back is Noodle-arm.

• IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: Buddy Nix - "Ryan Fitzpatrick is serviceable."

What is that GM's solution?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Originally posted by IAG View Post
      I'm not a mind reader.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

Yeah, that's a nice/polite way of stating the obvious by Nix, definitely a no confidence vote.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

...And yet, I'd be willing to bet that, come Opening Day 2013, Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Buffalo Bills' starting QB...

Either that, or they'll cut Fitz and tell us all how Tavaris Jackson (who apparently isn't even good enough to dress, let alone unseat the great Tyler Thigpen as the #2 QB) is "The Man."

That slack-jawed imbred redneck that the Bills have for a GM has been flapping his gums with his cutesy-ass southern phrases for three years now and still, the Bills haven't even been able to get back to the .500 mark.

He can keep wowing some fans with his bull****, but, until this team shows it on the football field, I really couldn't care less what Buddy Nix thinks, says, or does.

-Bill

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Buddy Nix isn't serviceable.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Ownership is past comatose, years running.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Serviceable?

Spare us the euphemisms, Buddy.

We have eyes. We watch him suck every Sunday.

Send 'em both packing. This team is a god damn trainwreck for the 13th consecutive year.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• IAG
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  I'm not a mind reader.
                  It was a rhetorical question. Not directed at you.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

If it was my choice I would fire Nix and the rest of his circus clown coaching staff then promote Whaley. I would like to see what a young and hungry GM could do with this team.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

I think you guys are way off marks.

I actually liked what he said -

"his priority was to build up the offensive and defensive lines before using an early draft pick for a qb."

Whether you like it or not, Nix has a plan and he's sticking to it. I heard him said about Newton, RGIII, Luck, each of which is a no brainer for him. Other QBs available to him (Dalton, Wilson etc.) falls into what he described above - they have enough warts coming out of college that may need to have a good line in front of him. His comments about Kaepernick is telling in that regard

-----Nix said at that time Kaepernick was a product of a "pistol" formation system where he often had one receiver out, and if the receiver was open he threw to him and if not, he ran it. He and his staff weren't convinced enough to take him there, and Nix had seen him personally.
                      -----

I have to believe time is right this off season to draft a not-so-perfect QB with a high ceiling.

I have a distinct feeling that Nix may feel more comfortable drafting a QB that has played pro-style offense.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                        I think you guys are way off marks.

I actually liked what he said -

"his priority was to build up the offensive and defensive lines before using an early draft pick for a qb."

Whether you like it or not, Nix has a plan and he's sticking to it. I heard him said about Newton, RGIII, Luck, each of which is a no brainer for him. Other QBs available to him (Dalton, Wilson etc.) falls into what he described above - they have enough warts coming out of college that may need to have a good line in front of him. His comments about Kaepernick is telling in that regard

-----Nix said at that time Kaepernick was a product of a "pistol" formation system where he often had one receiver out, and if the receiver was open he threw to him and if not, he ran it. He and his staff weren't convinced enough to take him there, and Nix had seen him personally.
                        -----

I have to believe time is right this off season to draft a not-so-perfect QB with a high ceiling.

I have a distinct feeling that Nix may feel more comfortable drafting a QB that has played pro-style offense.
                        Nicely said ghz.

I've always said the first word in the term franchise QB is the word franchise. In other words if you build up a strong enough surrounding cast your if you have a better then average QB can lead you to great things. I think Nix has done just that over the last few years adding a top 5 talent in RB Spiller and appears a strong O-line although still think we need some help in the depth department especially with Wood getting hurt again. The D has been remarkably improved since the bye week which tells me Mario's injury was legit. On offense I think we need another threat in the passing game to real take our offense to another level but we might get that guy in the draft combined with a healthy David Nelson back can't but help next year. Yet if there was ever a draft to look to take a QB it could be the fourth coming one. As we could be drafting in the teens which means we might be able to get a Freeman, Flacco, Cutler type who yes it's debatable if any of them are franchise type QBs but all are guys that can win with strong Ds and strong running games which think we've seen in recent weeks.

Granted Buddy still needs to keep Byrd, Levitre, Urbrik and find a veteran Center in free agency and at least one LB in free agency and another in the draft and a three down WR in the draft to really take us to that next step of being a playoff team.

Am I upset with this year? Yes as thought Fitzpatrick was good enough but he clearly isn't but at least we can now put to rest any thoughts is or isn't he as it's obvious when he's had the chance to win he just hasn't both this year and last year at times.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

the problem is that they spend years building the lines only to loose them all to free agency at the end of the rookie contract and they have to start all over there and NEVER DRAFT a good QB!
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IAG View Post
                            In the last 2 drafts when other teams have found starters in the 2nd round (2011) & 3rd round (2012) Buddy drafted Aaron Williams & TJ Graham while ignoring taking a shot at upgrading THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE NFL! He also never even tried to trade up (or trade down) for a QB in any of his 3 drafts. These are the guys he could have had if he had the brains to realize it's a QB driven league & players now contribute immediately, not a few years down the road when Buddy was the age of a normal GM:
                            2010-Buddy did the right thing, there weren't any QBs available to the Bills who were worth an early round pick
                            2011-Buddy screwed the pooch. He could have had either Dalton or Kaepernick in the 2nd & drafted A. Williams. He took Shepherd in the 3rd instead of taking a shot on Mallett, and picked Johnny White in the 5th (now gone) instead of a flyer on TJ Yates who performed well enough to get Houston a playoff win as a rookie. We might find out this weekend & beyond if the Jets found their QB in the 7th with McElroy while Buddy just had to have another D back, Justin Rogers (at least he's still on the team).
                            2012-Buddy wasn't going to try to outbid the Redskins to get the 2nd pick, which now looks like the Redskins may have gotten off cheap considering how dynamic RGIII is. He should have moved heaven & earth to outbid the Redskins, but that's not his style which is living 25 years in the past. Even a move up 3 spots to ace Miami out of Tannehill looks smarter than taking another CB, no matter how good he is (that's 2 CBs over QBs in 2 years). 3rd round TJ Graham over Wilson & Foles, or even Cousins who was drafted before the Bills 4th rd pick-in the words of Seth Myers-REALLY?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

At least Nix was honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X