PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy's and Darryl Talley's Views

Syderick
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Marv Levy believes in Fitzpatrick:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/12/3/3722612/marv-levy-ryan-fitzpatrick-comments-buffalo-bills

Darryl Talley gives his views on the Buffalo Bills this season:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/nfl-sunday-outtakes-darryl-talley-gives-his-take-on-2012-bills.html

TrEd FTW
12-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I couldn't care less what Levy thinks after the damage he did as GM.

On the other hand, Talley totally gets it. He always tells it like it is.

YardRat
12-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Talley is the man.

Mr. Miyagi
12-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I couldn't care less what Levy thinks after the damage he did as GM.

On the other hand, Talley totally gets it. He always tells it like it is.
Totally agreed. Talley is right on.

justasportsfan
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Marv believed in Jauron and we all know how that turned out.

"You mean to tell me that Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck come into this league, get a grasp of it and can move the football better than the Bills can with an offensive-minded head coach? Just think about where they're moving the ball to. They probably run more screens than anybody in the league."this is my biggest problem with Chan. Too conservative that he thinks people are too stupid to learn his scheme. Even if we got Luck or RG3 , they'd be too stupid to play football in their 1st year as far as Chan is concerned.

Novacane
12-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank goodness Marv has no say anymore

trapezeus
12-05-2012, 09:32 AM
thurman was tweeting about how talley needs a coaching gig somewhere.

i think LB's who were calling defenses are probably good DC material down the road. and talley was a motivator..always tapping into the right emotion at the right time. i would love to see him get a DC gig somewhere (or realistically something more junior to work up to).

ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
If he wanted to coach, he'd get a linebackers coach job tomorrow. That said, he and Marv are on the outside looking in. Talley has no theories about why Jauron was let go? His offenses scored about 12 points a game. Ick. Who wants to watch that? If Ryan Fitzpatrick had an accurate deep ball and the defense came around sooner, our record and this conversation would be much different. He took pot shots. Levy is an optimist, if he hadn't gotten the talent from Polian he would have been believing in lesser talent just as he believes in Fitz. It's just his style.

Mr. Magoo
12-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I also agree Talley is spot on with his assessment.

BillsFever21
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Marv also thought that Edwards was a future franchise QB too.

BillsFever21
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
If you didn't know who Levy was evaluating you would think he was talking a 24 year old QB and not a 30 year old QB. At 30 years old you are what you are. The days of learning the game and getting better are done with. If anything you're close to your best days being behind you let alone ahead of you. You're in the late stage of your prime at 30 years old.

ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Better physically? No. Can you get better mentally? Of course, unless the cobwebs are setting in from all the hits.