PDA

View Full Version : Nix at the Monday QB Club

X-Era
12-05-2012, 05:34 AM
From another board:

"his response was in this order was:
A future franchise QB...called Fitz serviceable.
Wide receiver-legit threat to couple with Stevie
Linebacker- a game changer 3 down linebacker"

I agree on all. I especially like that he called out LB'er. I was worried the Bills would try to fool themselves into believing Sheppard, Barnett, and Bradham are all we need.

I'm wondering if there is a transcript somewhere or link.

Anyone?

YardRat
12-05-2012, 05:47 AM
The 2011 off-season just called---they want their priority list back.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 06:14 AM
The 2011 off-season just called---they want their priority list back.True. But to be fair they had many other things on the list too. LT, 2 CB, 2 LB'ers, WR. The problem was assuming you can plug in rookies and get even solid starter play from day one... Gilmore, Graham, Bradham, even Glenn who has done very well IMO.

In part, playing those young guys in favor of a solid vet cost us. And were still left with a need to a playmaking ILB and #2 WR from just that list.

IAG
12-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Sounds spot on IMO. Keep adding pass rush too. Can never have enough pass rushers and corners.

DesertFox24
12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I am hoping this season serves as the transition season where we go from a annually bad team to a good team and stay that way. Hopefully the young players that got a lot of playing time and the new scheme will have set in stone and next year we have that top 10 defense we thought we would have this year.

I think that will make Fitz look better along with our run game.

Hopefully Nix can keep Levitre and Bryd.

I think McKelvin is gone which is too bad I think he is a great special teams player but he might be like Greer and actually become a decent corner when he leaves he has the athletic ability to be a shut down guy.

trapezeus
12-05-2012, 09:36 AM
part of me thinks they are close. but that list of needs has to be drafted correctly and then enhanced with free agency for depth.

if they miss this draft like the last 3, they won't have depth and they'll get crushed mid season by injuries again.

the qb is the piece they really really need. a guy who can accurately put a 20 yard pass in a guys hands, and i think this offense is ready to take off.

Ed
12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
I hope they can use free agency this year to address the WR need and get a legit impact player like Dwayne Bowe. From what I can see, free agency looks kind of weak for LB's.

IAG
12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I think many LB's in the draft can fit our style of D though. Have a young and developing LB group for the next 4 years.

gebobs
12-05-2012, 09:57 AM
From another board:

"his response was in this order was:
A future franchise QB...called Fitz serviceable.
Wide receiver-legit threat to couple with Stevie
Linebacker- a game changer 3 down linebacker"

I agree on all. I especially like that he called out LB'er. I was worried the Bills would try to fool themselves into believing Sheppard, Barnett, and Bradham are all we need.

I'm wondering if there is a transcript somewhere or link.

Anyone?
Fitz is "serviceable"? As in what? He's got a pecker that Nix can blow?

Fitz is a train wreck. Every team in our division has backups better than that chump.

justasportsfan
12-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Fitz would be an awesome no.2

bf1
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Can also use a better talent evaluator to find those! And a coach to coach them!

YardRat
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Raptor
12-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Id toss CB into the list of needs

A.Williams has been horrible and should be moved to S, McKelvin is likely gone, and Brooks the jury is still out on

trapezeus
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
i think LB is more important than CB. yes, the db's look questionable, but they are running with WR's for a long time without pressure. you get a olb that can cover a TE, and then i think the barnett's and sheppard's can blitz. i think our front four eat up blockeres and then the passing window will be less than 4 seconds routinely...and that will go a long way to make our DB's look capable.

it will be impossible to stick with this draft a DB and expect him to run with a Pro Wideout for 4-6 seconds a play.

2nd and 3rd string guys look good when give time.

X-Era
12-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Id toss CB into the list of needs

A.Williams has been horrible and should be moved to S, McKelvin is likely gone, and Brooks the jury is still out on
I do as well but I'd rather not add another youngster... We have enough of those. I'd like a vet.

kingJofNYC
12-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Khaseem Greene or Arthur Brown should be there early in the second round.

They won't go after a DE early but they should if they're picking high, Kelsay and Mark Anderson are all we have. Would love a guy like Mingo or Jordan, especially Jordan. Can cover and rush, dynamic guy.

Austin, Allen, Patterson, Rogers (either of them), Patton, would all be welcome additions.

Nix has to be aggressive this year, if you have to trade a 3rd and 4th to move back into the second to take a guy do it. Don't sit there and wait for the consolation prize. Last year they should have gone after Lavonte David, packaged our third and fourth for a second, but instead they settled for Bradham.

Don't Panic
12-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Bills should look to see if the Cards would be interested in Fitz. They have a huge need and would be bringing him home, which would help on the PR front. I can't imagine we'd get much for him (3rd-4th), but it would give us a clean break and fresh start. Worth the call come January IMO.

YardRat
12-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Bills should look to see if the Cards would be interested in Fitz. They have a huge need and would be bringing him home, which would help on the PR front. I can't imagine we'd get much for him (3rd-4th), but it would give us a clean break and fresh start. Worth the call come January IMO.

Contract might be prohibitive for a trade.