PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Bills 7 Round Mock

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/12/2013-7-round-buffalo-bills-mock/

If you haven’t seen it by now on Tuesday we released our latest 1st Round Mock Draft. We went through every team and ran down who we think they could take at this point in the process. Obviously with so much time to go and so many all-star games, workouts, and interviews to be had a lot can change. So we want to go beyond just what the first round may look like and go over who some of the lower round options may be for the Bills.

So as it was Tuesday Te'o remains the pick at 11...but beyond that...well let's just say some names and positions some will and won't like.

Mr. Magoo
12-06-2012, 01:50 PM
That would be awesome if we got T'eo and Glennon.

stuckincincy
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM

So as it was Tuesday Te'o remains the pick at 11...but beyond that...well let's just say some names and positions some will and won't like.

Where's the 2nd round overall draft as promised? :jig:

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Where's the 2nd round overall draft as promised? :jig:

Two weeks away if my schedule holds true.

ServoBillieves
12-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Uhm... I personally know Ron (Rontez to the stat pickers) and he doesn't have high hopes for the draft. That being said he almost broke my damn hand when I saw him last. Best of luck to him and wouldn't mind if he was a Bill. Strong as hell, but not 100% in the mental area. Haven't seen him play at all this year though since moving to NC. A decent reach by a draft group I guess.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Uhm... I personally know Ron (Rontez to the stat pickers) and he doesn't have high hopes for the draft. That being said he almost broke my damn hand when I saw him last. Best of luck to him and wouldn't mind if he was a Bill. Strong as hell, but not 100% in the mental area. Haven't seen him play at all this year though since moving to NC. A decent reach by a draft group I guess.

Well I'd tell him he should get his hopes up a little higher and based on what I was told that he told people last year he certainly has some interesting thoughts in that area.

Extremebillsfan247
12-06-2012, 03:48 PM

You really think the Bills will go outside the SEC for their first pick? It is Nix's bread and butter. I'm interested in why you might think so.

ServoBillieves
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Well I'd tell him he should get his hopes up a little higher and based on what I was told that he told people last year he certainly has some interesting thoughts in that area.

He knows his limits and knows he's strong and a hard hitter, but he also knows he goes to CalU. If he had gotten the praise out of HS as he deserved he would be WAY higher up any draft websites board.

THRILLHO
12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
So if SD parts ways with Philip Rivers, do you see Buffalo as a potential landing spot? I would sure hope so.

If we do sign him, do you still draft a QB in round 2?

k-oneputt
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Can we draft a guy like Burfict { yes he was a bad boy} instead of kickers or fine young gentlemen from the middle of nowhere ?

Mouldsie
12-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I am not a big fan of Glennon but I love the work that you put into this stuff.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
He knows his limits and knows he's strong and a hard hitter, but he also knows he goes to CalU. If he had gotten the praise out of HS as he deserved he would be WAY higher up any draft websites board.

He is a transfer down...

- - - Updated - - -

You really think the Bills will go outside the SEC for their first pick? It is Nix's bread and butter. I'm interested in why you might think so.

I do, Nix has repeatedly said when asked about that, that its not intentional. You'll notice he goes SEC with the 4th Round OLB.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 05:17 PM
So if SD parts ways with Philip Rivers, do you see Buffalo as a potential landing spot? I would sure hope so.

If we do sign him, do you still draft a QB in round 2?

Without a doubt, and no not in the 2nd Round but I would still forsee the Bills taking one.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we draft a guy like Burfict { yes he was a bad boy} instead of kickers or fine young gentlemen from the middle of nowhere ?

No.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I am not a big fan of Glennon but I love the work that you put into this stuff.

Understandable, he has some warts for sure, and thank you. It will only get bigger and better as we get closer.

As a big time tease, I think I have a way to actually have the combine results tell us something about how a player will turn out in the NFL based solely on his workout numbers. Intrigued?

k-oneputt
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Then this team will continue to lose.

Scouts who think they are smart but have obviously proven they are not.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Then this team will continue to lose.

Scouts who think they are smart but have obviously proven they are not.

Yes we know, you say the same thing no matter who we pick or what happens with those picks.

k-oneputt
12-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't have to say anything.
As evidence look at the last decade of Buffalo Bills draft picks.
And don't even try to say I didn't want Burfict as a late round pick for the Bills.

DraftBoy
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't have to say anything.
As evidence look at the last decade of Buffalo Bills draft picks.
And don't even try to say I didn't want Burfict as a late round pick for the Bills.

I dont think anybody once has ever said you didn't say you wanted Burfict.

k-oneputt
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Tell the Bills.
Instead we take kickers from the MAC and qb's from the Sunbelt Conf.
Any wonder this team sucks every year ?????

kingJofNYC
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Tell the Bills.
Instead we take kickers from the MAC and qb's from the Sunbelt Conf.
Any wonder this team sucks every year ?????

How's our SEC DT and LB doing?

Talent is talent, doesn't matter what conference, you're so hard up on the SEC yet they produce misses all the time, see McClain, Cody, Noshow Moreno, Andre Smith playing like **** and being out of shape until his contract year, Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, and you can keep the list rolling.

The best linebackers out of the last couple of drafts have been from the Big Ten even though most of those teams are pretty poor in my mind.

They need talent, conference be damned. Bills have looked south and taken more than a few SEC players the last couple years, lets see how that works out, results are mixed so far.

TigerJ
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I was very surprised to see that Walter Football (http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php) projects Mike Glennon as running a 4.61 40. If he can anywhere close to that fast, that is very un-Bledsoe-like. Any chance of that number being close to accurate, DraftBoy?

DraftBoy
12-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I was very surprised to see that Walter Football (http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013QB.php) projects Mike Glennon as running a 4.61 40. If he can anywhere close to that fast, that is very un-Bledsoe-like. Any chance of that number being close to accurate, DraftBoy?

I dont think so, I think he'll be in the 4.8 range.

NFL Draft Scout projects 4.86-4.91

k-oneputt
12-07-2012, 07:38 AM
How's our SEC DT and LB doing?

Talent is talent, doesn't matter what conference, you're so hard up on the SEC yet they produce misses all the time, see McClain, Cody, Noshow Moreno, Andre Smith playing like **** and being out of shape until his contract year, Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, and you can keep the list rolling.

The best linebackers out of the last couple of drafts have been from the Big Ten even though most of those teams are pretty poor in my mind.

They need talent, conference be damned. Bills have looked south and taken more than a few SEC players the last couple years, lets see how that works out, results are mixed so far.

You are missing the point. It is about taking a flier on a guy late in the draft. A player who has proven talent from a major conf. but had off the field problems.
That is the guy you take the chance on and if it didn't work then you cut him like every other 7th rd. pick.
Way above the Buffalo Bills draft mindset.

Ed
12-07-2012, 10:01 AM
You are missing the point. It is about taking a flier on a guy late in the draft. A player who has proven talent from a major conf. but had off the field problems.
That is the guy you take the chance on and if it didn't work then you cut him like every other 7th rd. pick.
All 31 other teams didn't want to draft Burfict either, so they must all have the same mindset as the Bills. Why do you have such a hard on for this guy?

stuckincincy
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
All 31 other teams didn't want to draft Burfict either, so they must all have the same mindset as the Bills. Why do you have such a hard on for this guy?

He's been a pleasant surprise for CIN. It happens - see others - Steve Johnson BUF, Hines Ward PIT and so on.

I dislike the words that people utter when some punk with a rap sheet a mile long kills somebody or gets killed - "He was just about to turn his life around.", but Burfict seems to have done just that. Got into the lineup when starter T. Howard took a knee in practice and was IR'd 9/14. He's garnered 85 total tackles, 1 sack in 12 games. He is flying to the ball in the fashion of a Polamalu.

One may well use the phrase, "Who knew?"

DraftBoy
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM

He had more than off the field concerns, you're re-writing history.

k-oneputt
12-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Because he can play and he plays a position we need help at.

k-oneputt
12-07-2012, 10:56 AM
He had more than off the field concerns, you're re-writing history.

What the hell are you talking about, re-writing history.

We all know he's not a choirboy.
Actually we have enough fine young men on this team that can't play a lick.

DraftBoy
12-07-2012, 11:28 AM
What the hell are you talking about, re-writing history.

We all know he's not a choirboy.
Actually we have enough fine young men on this team that can't play a lick.

Really? Give me a break, he showed up after summer way over weight, he played like **** his senior year, he attacked a teammate in the locker room, and then he bombed the combine.

His only issues were not off the field, like I said you're re-writing history.

stuckincincy
12-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Really? Give me a break, he showed up after summer way over weight, he played like **** his senior year, he attacked a teammate in the locker room, and then he bombed the combine.

Indeed. The eyebrows of astute CIN fans went up - with good reason - even though he was but signed as a UFDA. That he seems to have seen the light is good, but very much unanticipated.

DraftBoy
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Indeed. The eyebrows of astute CIN fans went up - with good reason - even though he was but signed as a UFDA. That he seems to have seen the light is good, but very much unanticipated.

He's been much better than anybody could of expected and Im happy for him, but its ridiculous to act like his only issues were off the field.

stuckincincy
12-07-2012, 11:58 AM
It's ridiculous to act like his only issues were off the field.

Yep. IMO, his on-field actions and attitudes during his college playing days defined the acronym, POS.

k-oneputt
12-07-2012, 01:30 PM

That's the part you don't understand. You are more worried about combine numbers then what he was doing on the field.
I guess he is shutting up all those "experts" who said he couldn't play.

stuckincincy
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
That's the part you don't understand. You are more worried about combine numbers then what he was doing on the field.

Nobody ever said he couldn't play. They said he was an idiot.

Sound familiar? :kid:

Vontaze:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontaze_Burfict

k-oneputt
12-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Nobody ever said he couldn't play. They said he was an idiot.

Sound familiar? :kid:

Vontaze:

So he's an idiot. Big deal. There are alot of players in the league that are idiot and can play.

Point is you take a chance on a guy like this and hope he grows up and turns it around.
I guess he has in Cincy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vontaze_Burfict

DraftBoy
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM

You mean when he was sucking his Senior year?

Slim
12-07-2012, 03:03 PM

As someone who currently lives on the West Coast and watches a solid amount of PAC 10 football (I even attended CAL-Berkley), I can tell you the Vontaze was not doing **** on the field his Junior year. He was the epitome of a selfish player, who was just trying to make headlines for himself instead of buying into the team concept. For as much promise as he showed his Freshman and Sophomore years, the Sun Devils were better without him his Junior year. And the main reason for that was he was a ****ty player on the field.

stuckincincy
12-07-2012, 03:08 PM
You mean when he was sucking his Senior year?

I'd give it up. I have, since it has become apparent that even though our reliably good poster k-oneputt has hit rock bottom, he continues to insist on digging. :D

YardRat
12-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see who is left on the board in the second round when it's our pick.

TigerJ
12-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I dont think so, I think he'll be in the 4.8 range.

NFL Draft Scout projects 4.86-4.91

That would still make him potentially more mobile than Ryan Mallet and Nick Foles

coastal
12-08-2012, 07:00 AM
T'eo won't be there at 11.

we have to basically lose out to have a shot at him.

And if that's the case... Tyler Wilson is the pick.

i think for Buddy it's probably a two horse race with T'eo as a consolation prize at this point.

k-oneputt
12-08-2012, 10:53 AM
As someone who currently lives on the West Coast and watches a solid amount of PAC 10 football (I even attended CAL-Berkley), I can tell you the Vontaze was not doing **** on the field his Junior year. He was the epitome of a selfish player, who was just trying to make headlines for himself instead of buying into the team concept. For as much promise as he showed his Freshman and Sophomore years, the Sun Devils were better without him his Junior year. And the main reason for that was he was a ****ty player on the field.

I know all about that and agree.
He proved what he was capable of as a Fresh. and Soph.
He currently is a starting lb in Cincy and is playing well.
He would right now probably be better then any lb on this time.
so who f-ed up ??????

Kids change and grow up.

Back to the original point, he is exactly the type of player you take a chance on in the 7th rd.

Someday the fanboys my fiqure out and understand the game.

cookie G
12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Not bad.

The last time we took someone from ND and a QB with our second pick, it actually didn't work out too bad. (OK, he was a 1st rounder but still their 2nd pick).

Let's hope there's a Darryl Talley in that draft to go along with them.

But...if you're taking a QB with so many questions, (not much you can do about it this year), you'll need to take a flyer on one in the later rounds. You never know

That Sorensen kid from Southern Utah State Tech U probably has the look of a QB;

But in the late rounds, Nick Florence of Baylor would really freak people out.

Why? He looks like Fitz, right down to the beard.

But I will say this about him, he produces. Compare his numbers to RGIII's last year, he isn't far off. Nearly 4000 yards, 31 TD's another 9 on the ground. Moves well in the pocket, smart and IMO, his deep ball is better than people think. When I've seen him throw deep, Terrance Williams isn't waiting for the ball.

For a 5th or 6th round pick, you have nothing to lose.

DraftBoy
12-08-2012, 12:54 PM
T'eo won't be there at 11.

we have to basically lose out to have a shot at him.

And if that's the case... Tyler Wilson is the pick.

i think for Buddy it's probably a two horse race with T'eo as a consolation prize at this point.

Free to feel this way but as it stands I dont think Te'o will be a Top 10 pick.

DraftBoy
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Not bad.

The last time we took someone from ND and a QB with our second pick, it actually didn't work out too bad. (OK, he was a 1st rounder but still their 2nd pick).

But...if you're taking a QB with so many questions, (not much you can do about it this year), you'll need to take a flyer on one in the later rounds. You never know

That Sorensen kid from Southern Utah State Tech U probably has the look of a QB;

But I will say this about him, he produces. Compare his numbers to RGIII's last year, he isn't far off. Nearly 4000 yards, 31 TD's another 9 on the ground. Moves well in the pocket, smart and IMO, his deep ball is better than people think. When I've seen him throw deep, Terrance Williams isn't waiting for the ball.

With limited picks and no comp help coming I wouldn't advocate spending two picks on a QB. I would though be very aggressive in the UDFA market to bring in at least one and maybe two other guys for camp competition.

kingJofNYC
12-08-2012, 01:18 PM
AFC executive talks about Te'o, Buffalo mentioned.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107240/article/manti-teo-of-notre-dame-projects-as-longterm-linebacker-in-nfl?campaign=Twitter_Breer (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107240/article/manti-teo-of-notre-dame-projects-as-longterm-linebacker-in-nfl?campaign=Twitter_Breer)

According to the executive Kuechly's the better NFL prospect. Worry about Te'o's coverage skills, 7 ints are a bit of an aberration if you ask me, so is have zero in his 3 previous years.

cookie G
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
With limited picks and no comp help coming I wouldn't advocate spending two picks on a QB. I would though be very aggressive in the UDFA market to bring in at least one and maybe two other guys for camp competition.

And yet you have us drafting a safety in the 5th? We've drafted 5 DB's in the last 2 years alone.

Missing out on a 2nd rate DB who probably won't be here more than 2 years won't kill us.

We've drafted 2 QB's in the past 7 years.

It's time priorities were reset.

DraftBoy
12-08-2012, 10:08 PM
And yet you have us drafting a safety in the 5th? We've drafted 5 DB's in the last 2 years alone.

Missing out on a 2nd rate DB who probably won't be here more than 2 years won't kill us.

We've drafted 2 QB's in the past 7 years.

It's time priorities were reset.
We could of drafted 20 it doesn't change the need we have there.

X-Era
12-09-2012, 06:56 AM
If were taking two QB's why not Denard Robinson in a mid to late round as a replacement to the overpriced Brad Smith.

DraftBoy
12-09-2012, 08:27 AM
If were taking two QB's why not Denard Robinson in a mid to late round as a replacement to the overpriced Brad Smith.

Because Robinson throws worse than Smith.

YardRat
12-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Not bad.

Scott from Arizona IMO, if he drops to 5th or 6th.

X-Era
12-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Because Robinson throws worse than Smith.I didn't realize that was possible. Lol.

DraftBoy
12-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I didn't realize that was possible. Lol.

There is a reason Michigan moved to Gardner.

cookie G
12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
We could of drafted 20 it doesn't change the need we have there.

I'm sure Buddy would agree with you.

And it's a big reason this team hasn't made the playoffs in forever.

Strategic misallocation of assets.

DraftBoy
12-09-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm sure Buddy would agree with you.

And it's a big reason this team hasn't made the playoffs in forever.

Strategic misallocation of assets.

No the issue has always been and continues to be poor evaluation. Simply picking two QB's doesn't help if the eval's still suck. Same issue with DB's.

cookie G
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
No the issue has always been and continues to be poor evaluation. Simply picking two QB's doesn't help if the eval's still suck. Same issue with DB's.

Yep. You really can't trust evaluators who continually place the DB position higher than QB.

X-Era
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
There is a reason Michigan moved to Gardner.I'm just looking at 3 mill a year for about one play a game... Is it worth $175,000.00 each game to get one play from him? I'd rather have a rookie.