PDA

View Full Version : Time to fire Chan Gailey

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 02:49 PM
No excuses anymore.

His dismissal should happen today, effective immediately.

Chan couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

If there's a single person who still supports this guy, you're nuts.

YardRat
12-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I agree.

This team has shown so little progress in his three seasons, there's no reason to expect that to change.

Historian
12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Agreed.

Punting away instead of the FG attempt was GUTLESS!

Complete cluster **** of game management before the end of

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM
And hey, Buddy Nix is eligible for social security.

Time to put his sorry ass out to the pasture too.

We don't need him and his pathetic excuses for why we haven't addressed quarterback in three years.

kingJofNYC
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Glad they lost, one step closer to getting this clown out of here.

Novacane
12-09-2012, 02:57 PM
But didn't you hear????? Buddy Nix say's we are a better team our record just doesn't show it .LMAO. Bills organization is a joke.

Skooby
12-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I've never seen a total mismanagement of all assets, Spiller isn't properly being used during the games.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
For the first time in 17 years, I'm going to willing to miss a Bills game.

I'm not going to watch a single Bills game until Chan Gailey is fired.

I give too much of my time and money to this franchise to watch it destroyed by incompetence.

So that's my boycott.

Hopefully I won't have to miss a single game.

Because if there's any shred of intelligence left at One Bills Drive, they will fire Chan Gailey tonight.

coastal
12-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Wtf coach do u think is coming here?

We have a one year stadium lease and could be in LA after that.

who is going to knowingly walk into this?

BILLSROCK1212
12-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Fire the coach and keep the GM. That's what I expect.

Spiderweb
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Fire the coach and keep the GM. That's what I expect.

Nix hasn't made the ridiculous game decisions (not letting Lindell even kick when in a dome), nor has he all but forgotten that CJ is on this team. Chan definitely is gulity on all counts, and then some.

Thurmal
12-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I love how he didn't go for two after the Smith TD. Every person who is a fan of this team thought, "We should probably go for two here so we don't get clipped at the end by a point like the Tennessee game." Of course, this never crossed Gailey's mind.

gebobs
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Totally being "major leagued".

Bangarang
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
It was time to fire him over a year ago.

gebobs
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Should have never hired the idiot. I told everyone at the Range what a chump he is.

I'm going to laugh my arse off when they hire Andy Reid.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:00 PM

I was done with Gailey the second I read the text alert naming him the new head coach.

trapezeus
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
i disagree... i thought southern guys were gentlemen. He should resign within the next 30 minutes.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Wtf coach do u think is coming here?

We have a one year stadium lease and could be in LA after that.

who is going to knowingly walk into this?

"Yay for the status quo!"

The guy I wanted in 2010 was Marty Shottenheimer -- who openly wanted the job, it was later reported.

Imagine how great CJ Spiller would be statistically if he played Marty Ball.

Sure, I know the guy didn't get over the hump in the playoffs in the 90s and 00s.

But at least we'd be making the playoffs again.

Historian
12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Or Billick...who openly lobbied to be interviewed.

Coaches with honest to God credentials.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Maybe the front office will be smart enough to hire one of those two guys this time around.

coastal
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
"Yay for the status quo!"

The guy I wanted in 2010 was Marty Shottenheimer -- who openly wanted the job, it was later reported.

Imagine how great CJ Spiller would be statistically if he played Marty Ball.

Sure, I know the guy didn't get over the hump in the playoffs in the 90s and 00s.

But at least we'd be making the playoffs again.
Don't get me wrong Joe.

im not about the status quo... I'm just pointing out the reality of the other options.

No one of substance would want to walk into this situation.

kishoph
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I've never seen a total mismanagement of all assets, Spiller isn't properly being used during the games.

Spiller touched the ball 3 times in the 2nd half, 2 carries for 13 yards apiece and this last touch around the 9 minute mark for 1 yard. He had 52 yards on 8 touches, while Jackson had 23 yards on 14 touches.. Spiller averaged 6.5 yds. per touch, while Jackson averaged 1.6 yds. and had a fumble at the Rams 14. This is good coaching ?

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Don't get me wrong Joe.

im not about the status quo... I'm just pointing out the reality of the other options.

There's no difference in the situation now than 3 years ago. Marty and Billick wanted to come then.

But keep the defeatist attitude, it's fans with your mentality that allow Ralph to never care to make any changes.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM

100% agree.

I'd take Billick any day.

I'm still angry with Buddy Nix for picking, literally, the worst possible candidate in 2010, short of hiring Rich ****ing Kotite.

coastal
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
There's no difference in the situation now than 3 years ago. Marty and Billick wanted to come then.

But keep the defeatist attitude, it's fans with your mentality that allow Ralph to never care to make any changes.
Defeatist?

Dude the Bills have a lease through next year.

thats it.

That's just the reality.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Defeatist?

Dude the Bills have a lease through next year.

thats it.

That's just the reality.

Coaches think long term. Not that they're gonna be somewhere 3 years. They think in terms of building a team into a perennial contender.

Ralph is old now and was old then.

The team could move at any time.

Yet proven NFL guys still wanted to come here.

There's no difference in situation.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Don't get me wrong Joe.

The future will unfold how it will.

We can only go with what we know in the present.

And what we know now is that Chan Gailey is the worst coach in Bills history (and that's not hyperbole, that's a fact based on W's and L's alone).

If we're moving to LA, retaining Gailey won't prevent the inevitable.

And remember, there are always ambitious, young coordinators who want a shot at the big time.

So let's go with what we know today; that Gailey doesn't deserve to coach in the NFL.

Not preoccupy ourselves with what the future may hold.

coastal
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Coaches think long term.
Yes they do.. And there's a real possibility that the Bills won't be in Buffalo after this year.

assuming that's true, it means a new owner is in charge.

new owners don't retain mgmt.

they bring in their own people.

- - - Updated - - -

The future will unfold how it will.

We can only go with what we know in the present.

And what we know now is that Chan Gailey is the worst coach in Bills history (and that's not hyperbole, that's a fact based on W's and L's alone).

If we're moving to LA, retaining Gailey won't prevent the inevitable.

And remember, there are always ambitious, young coordinators who want a shot at the big time.

So let's go with what we know today; that Gailey doesn't deserve to coach in the NFL.

Not preoccupy ourselves with what the future may hold.
Ok.

Lets only look at part of the reality.

super.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Should have never hired the idiot. I told everyone at the Range what a chump he is.

I'm going to laugh my arse off when they hire Andy Reid.

God bless you for trying to pound some sense into so many thick skulls.

I started a thread in 2010 entitled "For everyone that liked the Chan Gailey hire..." where I proceeded to tell everyone how stupid they were for liking Gailey. I may hold the record for most groans in an OP.

Talk about complete exoneration!

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes they do.. And there's a real possibility that the Bills won't be in Buffalo after this year.

assuming that's true, it means a new owner is in charge.

new owners don't retain mgmt.

they bring in their own people.

There was a real possibility that the Bills could have been gone at any point in time the past 2 years as well.

Yet proven guys still wanted to come here.

Still no different.

The reality of the Bills situation is that from the day Gailey was hired until Ralph does pass, this team could move at any time. That reality won't be changed until there's a new owner. Whether that owner/s keeps the team here or goes elsewhere.

Your point is the same point people were making back when the coaching search was on going that no one would want this job based on the total picture. The total picture hasn't changed and won't change for an indefinite period of time.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Ok.

Lets only look at part of the reality.

super.

Here's where I'm not following you.

You seem to be implying that if we don't keep Gailey, it's a given that we'll digress further, and before we know it, the Bills will wind up in LA.

If we're talking about "reality," you're taking some very generous liberties with your crystal ball.

The truth is you don't know what will happen any better than I do.

And if we're destined to move to LA, then retaining the worst coach in Bills history will not prevent anything.

And let me reiterate: there are plenty of young coaches that are far more capable, competent, and hungry of whom, somebody will take the job.

How does a coach who wins 4, 6 and ? games become so indispensable to carving out a future for ourselves?

You're being unnecessarily negative -- and that's coming from ME.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM

I started a thread in 2010 entitled "For everyone that liked the Chan Gailey hire..." where I proceeded to tell everyone how stupid they were for liking Gailey. I may hold the record for most groans in an OP.

There's many stubborn idiots on the range.

don137
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM

I think 80% of Bills fans shared your opinion when he was hired. Nothing has changed except its now 99% want Gailey gone.

coastal
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Here's where I'm not following you.

You seem to be implying that if we don't keep Gailey, it's a given that we'll digress further, and before we know it, the Bills will wind up in LA.

If we're talking about "reality," you're taking some very generous liberties with your crystal ball.

The truth is you don't know what will happen any better than I do.

And if we're destined to move to LA, then retaining the worst coach in Bills history will not prevent anything.

And let me reiterate: there are plenty of young coaches that are far more capable, competent, and hungry of whom, somebody will take the job.

How does a coach who wins 4, 6 and ? games become so indispensable to carving out a future for ourselves?

You're being unnecessarily negative -- and that's coming from ME.
It's not negative and I'm not using a crystal ball.

im putting out possibilities.

and any legitimate candidate is going to know that and IMO would most certainly affect decision making.

kingJofNYC
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
We were all shocked by the Gailey hire, that was an all time low for this franchise and we've seen our share of lows, but some gave him the benefit of the doubt. All but a handful of morons stayed on board after the first month of the season, even those morons have jumped ship after today.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM

and any legitimate candidate is going to know that and IMO would most certainly affect decision making.

32 NFL head coaching gigs in the world. There plenty of worthy candidates that would want the job. Don't be dumb all of your life.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Where's X-era? He is Chan's fan boy.

coastal
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
32 NFL head coaching gigs in the world. There plenty of worthy candidates that would want the job. Don't be dumb all of your life.
**** you.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Sure, we're going to be the Scarlet letter franchise of the NFL.

Then again, we've been squarely at the bottom of the NFL manure pile for an awful long time.

There's always somebody who wants a chance to be a head coach in the NFL.

There are only 32 spots.

If we want a better coach than Gailey, there are plenty to choose from.

The problem is, does Nix have the acumen to pick the winners?

My guess is no. So perhaps it's a moot point.

coastal
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Sure, we're going to be the Scarlet letter franchise of the NFL.

Then again, we've been squarely at the bottom of the NFL manure pile for an awful long time.

There's always somebody who wants a chance to be a head coach in the NFL.

There are only 32 spots.

If we want a better coach than Gailey, there are plenty to choose from.

The problem is, does Nix have the acumen to pick the winners?

My guess is no. So perhaps it's a moot point.
Put it this way... you would hope that the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a good decision maker... thoughtful, prudent, and strategic.

now... would someone like this come here, given the situation I've outlined?

Like you've pointed out, there's probably a few out there... But then again... Chan was out there... So was Jauron... So was manboobs...

this time were sure to strike gold... I just know it!

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Put it this way... you would hope that the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills is a good decision maker... thoughtful, prudent, and strategic.

now... would someone like this come here, given the situation I've outlined?

Like you've pointed out, there's probably a few out there... But then again... Chan was out there... So was Jauron... So was manboobs...

this time were sure to strike gold... I just know it!

So you're saying that this team is run so poorly, that axing a coach we know is bad serves no purpose, because we'll probably just hire an even worse coach?

We probably won't ever strike coaching gold as long as Ralph Wilson is alive and Buddy Nix is calling the shots.

I'll grant you that.

But in 2010 two former coaches (both with winning records) openly wanted the job. Neither got so much as an interview.

If there's even an iota of interest from Brian Billick or Marty Schottenheimer, I say we jump on it.

Either one of those guys is light years ahead of Gailey.

I get your point, that we'll probably just screw it up.

But who cares. If we stay the course, we'll never eclipse 6 wins. Ever. Chan Gailey is the biggest loser that's ever coached in Buffalo.