PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way, Ron Brooks is the new Chris Watson

jamze132
12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
This guy blows.

Spiderweb
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
He is as raw as An NFL CB can be, but he has far more upside than does Aaron Williams.....

YardRat
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Brooks is better than Watson...I thought he played pretty well today, except for the GW TD and that looked like he was expecting help over the middle.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Brooks sucks.

MikeInRoch
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Judging rookies on what, 3 NFL games? Pretty stupid.

coastal
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Don't worry...

We can draft one 5th overall!

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Judging rookies on what, 3 NFL games? Pretty stupid.

Yeah people around here were so wrong about guys like Losman, Tim Anderson, John McCargo, Marcus Easley, etc etc etc

So judging Brooks must be..."pretty stupid"

coastal
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Tim Anderson... Lolz.

pizza coming up!

MikeInRoch
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah people around here were so wrong about guys like Losman, Tim Anderson, John McCargo, Marcus Easley, etc etc etc

Yes, actually, it is. How many third rounders look good in first handful of NFL games? I'll wait...

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2012, 08:31 PM
These young DB's need to be able to switch to zone late in a game without this much drop off in performance. It may have been too much to expect for 2 rookie CB's. Second guessing makes me think they should have just stuck with man press and kept blitzing, but the D was tired late and was getting no help from the offense whatsoever. No way is this on Ron Brooks and no way can we make a final judgement on his abilities because he looks good at times.

Demon
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
He's also a punt catcher?

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I'd say Brooks is the new Ashton Youboty!

Everyone knew he sucked right away too.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
HaHaHa. Maybe some of you guys can beat him out next training camp.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:15 PM
HaHaHa. Maybe some of you guys can beat him out next training camp.

Yes, comparing yourself to him is the way you should do it.

Hell, Tim Anderson is a better football player than basically anyone on this board, doesn't mean he didn't suck in the NFL.

JoeMama
12-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Positive rep for Chris Watson references.

+1

You know you're a true Bills fan if you remember how bad that guy was.

It's a name that will live in infamy -- exacerbated by Wade Phillips "punt catcher" comments.

Completely raked over the coals since then.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes, comparing yourself to him is the way you should do it.

Hell, Tim Anderson is a better football player than basically anyone on this board, doesn't mean he didn't suck in the NFL.To hack on a player that has busted his ass to make a NFL roster and a rookie no less is typical Bills' fan behavior. Worst fanbase in the NFL. I'll get you some tissues.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-09-2012, 09:21 PM
It's like people forgot that Aaron Williams used to start on that side.

Brooks has problems, but he's a 4th round rookie who missed months of games and practices to injury. I'm not going to shovel dirt on him yet.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
To hack on a player that has busted his ass to make a NFL roster and a rookie no less is typical Bills' fan behavior. Worst fanbase in the NFL. I'll get you some tissues.

Since you are back now, Pmoon, I owe you an apology. You were absolutely dead right about the Broncos' D and I was dead wrong. I cannot believe how they turned that around, and to do it without Warren or Williams is mindboggling.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
To hack on a player that has busted his ass to make a NFL roster and a rookie no less is typical Bills' fan behavior. Worst fanbase in the NFL. I'll get you some tissues.

LMAO

Every fanbase "hacks" on players on their roster and other rosters around the league.

The media does too.

The players themselves do.

Get them all some tissues while you're at it.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought he played pretty well.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Since you are back now, Pmoon, I owe you an apology. You were absolutely dead right about the Broncos' D and I was dead wrong. I cannot believe how they turned that around, and to do it without Warren or Williams is mindboggling.Yeah, but I still hate the Donkeys. They almost make me want to get a perch at the top of the stadium and shoot out every one of John Elway's teeth with my 30.06.

Guess I'm just jealous how they turned it around so quickly after the McDaniels debacle. We're still trying after twelve years.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but I still hate the Donkeys. They almost make me want to get a perch at the top of the stadium and shoot out every one of John Elway's teeth with my 30.06.

Guess I'm just jealous how they turned it around so quickly after the McDaniels debacle. We're still trying after twelve years.

Signing Peyton Manning will do that.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
LMAO

Every fanbase "hacks" on players on their roster and other rosters around the league.

The media does too.

The players themselves do.

Get them all some tissues while you're at it.Only morons do it to a player with such limited experience.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Signing Peyton Manning will do that.Well, they won a playoff game with Tim ****** Tebow at QB.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Only morons do it to a player with such limited experience.

Yep, just like those morons who said Tim Anderson, JP Losman, Ashton Youboty, Marcus Easley were garbage from the beginning too, right?

You're good enough or you're not. Playing longer isn't gonna turn you into something you're not. Experience doesn't always equate to making you good. If it did Fitz wouldn't be a bum.

Name me one player that Bills fans were down on initially who turned into, well, anything.

BertSquirtgum
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Yep, just like those morons who said Tim Anderson, JP Losman, Ashton Youboty, Marcus Easley were garbage from the beginning too, right?

You're good enough or you're not. Playing longer isn't gonna turn you into something you're not. Experience doesn't always equate to making you good. If it did Fitz wouldn't be a bum.

Name me one player that Bills fans were down on initially who turned into, well, anything.

Steve Johnson

Fixxxer
12-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Eric Moulds
CJ Spiller

Mr. Pink
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Steve Johnson

Eric Moulds
CJ Spiller

No one really had an opinion of Stevie one way or another as he never saw the field initially.

Spiller is the guy many thought he was going to be, a Metcalf/Bush type of guy.

Moulds I'll give you as he looked dreadful early on.

pmoon6
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Name me one player that Bills fans were down on initially who turned into, well, anything.HaHaha. CJ was called a bust during his second year. I remember Jim Kelly being lambasted by some fans in the late eighties. Jabari Greer sucked according to some. Drew Bledsoe took his fair share of **** and he is currently number 9 on the All time leaders in passing yards. Of course, I consider any QB that has played the majority or all of his career after 2000 to have a big advantage in achieving statistical excellence. The rules have changed so much the NFL after 2000 is NFL 2.0. Completely different game.

However, I have to qualify that it was not on this Bills' board, so I may be premature in my criticism.

Fixxxer
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
If he keeps contributing, Alex Carrington is another example.

Bangarang
12-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Draft picks sometimes need time to develop. Go figure.

zone
12-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Not sure what the heck you guys were watching, yea they may have been some bad plays but I think Brooks played well and better than Gilmore yesterday.

DraftBoy
12-10-2012, 07:23 AM
These young DB's need to be able to switch to zone late in a game without this much drop off in performance. It may have been too much to expect for 2 rookie CB's. Second guessing makes me think they should have just stuck with man press and kept blitzing, but the D was tired late and was getting no help from the offense whatsoever. No way is this on Ron Brooks and no way can we make a final judgement on his abilities because he looks good at times.

The scheme calls for a 5-7 yard cushion, asking any DB to go from press tech to zone with that much cushion and not see some drop off is unrealistic.

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
The scheme calls for a 5-7 yard cushion, asking any DB to go from press tech to zone with that much cushion and not see some drop off is unrealistic.

It concedes the underneath. It does not concede 10 - 15 yards. Anyway....The press was working all day and the refs were allowing a more physical game.... was Wanny afraid of a late interference call?
I said this before but did that game remind anyone else of the Jauron era?

mysticsoto
12-10-2012, 09:38 AM

I am reminded of when people initially said Fred Jackson sucks - before he became a star here. Or the people that said Kyle Williams didn't fit in a 3-4 and that we should get rid of him...

JoeMama
12-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Eric Moulds was a late bloomer. His first two years he looked like an epic bust. Then BOOM he exploded onto the scene in 1998 averaging like 20 yards a catch.

DraftBoy
12-10-2012, 10:05 AM
It concedes the underneath. It does not concede 10 - 15 yards. Anyway....The press was working all day and the refs were allowing a more physical game.... was Wanny afraid of a late interference call?
I said this before but did that game remind anyone else of the Jauron era?

It cocedes about 10 yards. The CB is going to begin 5-7 yards off and his first step is back.

- - - Updated - - -

I am reminded of when people initially said Fred Jackson sucks - before he became a star here. Or the people that said Kyle Williams didn't fit in a 3-4 and that we should get rid of him...

Im still shocked at the success Williams had here as a NT.

Bangarang
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
It cocedes about 10 yards. The CB is going to begin 5-7 yards off and his first step is back.

- - - Updated - - -

Im still shocked at the success Williams had here as a NT.

Partial success. After all, he was part of a defensive line that gave up an obscene amount of rushing yards.

Mahdi
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Brooks had a solid game. The play on the GW TD wasn't bad by him actually. He had pretty good coverage, the ball was just perfectly placed, he fingers were like 3 inches away from deflecting the pass.

I think Brooks will be a good player.

Night Train
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
The guy was the LSU nickel back, selected in Round 4 and has played 3 games in the NFL.

Bust ? Really ?

k-oneputt
12-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Geezus now Brooks is a bust ???

He is the least of their problems.
He will be here for a while so you had better open your eyes if you think that guy is a bust.

EDS
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Signing Peyton Manning will do that.

Buddy gave the same money to Mario Williams. Look how he has helped turn this team around!

OpIv37
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Brooks has shown flashes, but he's also made mistakes. He could go either way and it's too early for the Watson comparison.

But as others have already pointed out, I'd take my chances with him over Aaron Williams. At least Brooks is showing something.

The King
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Way too early... he's 3 games into his career.

Mouldsie
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Pretty sure he's the 1st CB to get beaten for a TD this season in the NFL. Loser.

Raptor
12-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Fans are so funny

I remember the days when CJ Spiller has a complete bust that would never make it in the NFL and A.Moats was the crown jewel of the draft class that would solve are pass rushing problem for the next decade

People wonder why owners and front offices make it a point to ignore fans on all things rosters

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM

Back in the Losman needs more time debate I always defended the position that he was a bust with the following argument against those who said it takes 3-5 years to properly evaluate a QB: Rookie QBs are cut every year and the coaches aren't worried that they guy needs 3-5 years before you can properly evaluate him. I also would add that most of those rookie QBs cut are never heard from again. The only ones worse than the Losman fanatics were the Brohm fans who "saw him play in college" and were convinced that we outsmarted Green Bay after Green Bay had already concluded the guy was a bust.

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
The problem was that the Bills didn't know how good Jackson was & they saw him every day in practice. I usually respect the decisions on guys cut & kept & the division of playing time because the coaches see these players 5-6 days a week & they should know more than us. The problem is they should, but recent coaching staffs haven't given enough playing time to guys who have shown us the coaches were wrong the minute they get significant playing time. As a result, it's tough to call a guy a bust who is always on the bench.

jamze132
12-11-2012, 06:36 AM
It's not just this game folks. Andrew Luck picked on Brooks like a school yard bully and had his way with him multiple times. Ron Brooks is lost out there.

mysticsoto
12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
The problem was that the Bills didn't know how good Jackson was & they saw him every day in practice. I usually respect the decisions on guys cut & kept & the division of playing time because the coaches see these players 5-6 days a week & they should know more than us. The problem is they should, but recent coaching staffs haven't given enough playing time to guys who have shown us the coaches were wrong the minute they get significant playing time. As a result, it's tough to call a guy a bust who is always on the bench.

I disagree with this. I don't think the Bills were clueless as to Jackson's abilities. I just think he improved over time. His time in NFL Europe developed him and when he came back he was a much better player. Some people develop over time and some don't. It's really as simple as that and it's why you shouldn't pre-judge a rookie so quickly...

ServoBillieves
12-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Anyone know where he lives? Someone grab a few pitchforks, someone else grab some torches. We'll teach his rookie ass not to make mistakes at the NFL level personally.

jamze132
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Sometimes you just know when a guy isn't going to make it. This is one of those times.

Raptor
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
It's not just this game folks. Andrew Luck picked on Brooks like a school yard bully and had his way with him multiple times. Ron Brooks is lost out there.

Really? A rookie CB in his first meaningful minutes got picked on by an opposing offense and didnt look good...Thats definitely the first time that has ever happened in the NFL lmao

EVERY SINGLE CB IN THE NFL HAS HAD THAT HAPPEN

jamze132
12-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Really? A rookie CB in his first meaningful minutes got picked on by an opposing offense and didnt look good...Thats definitely the first time that has ever happened in the NFL lmao

EVERY SINGLE CB IN THE NFL HAS HAD THAT HAPPEN
Got picked on by an opposing rookie QB. That rookie QB knew exactly who to pick on in our secondary and beat us by beating him relentlessly.

jamze132
12-16-2012, 03:47 PM
Ron Brooks strikes again. LMAO

Mr. Pink
12-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Brooks was so good yesterday that he was benched and replaced by a guy who doesn't even belong playing corner at the NFL level in Aaron Williams.

But he's young and was starting and wears the colors so he must be pretty good right?

He'll be lucky to be on this team in a couple years.

kingJofNYC
12-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Brooks was so good yesterday that he was benched and replaced by a guy who doesn't even belong playing corner at the NFL level in Aaron Williams.

But he's young and was starting and wears the colors so he must be pretty good right?

He'll be lucky to be on this team in a couple years.

He played in the SEC as well!

Saratoga Slim
12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
He played in the SEC as well!.

Not much. If I recall, he was stuck behind Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, Tyrann Matthieu etc. at LSU. A high talent guy that didn't see much game time because of the ridiculous CBs On the LSU roster.

Thus I'm willing to give him some time to see what he can do now that he's actually getting some experience. Especially as a mid-round pick. There are some draftees that it's fair to question right away. Not sure he's one of them.