Have never seen Gailey like this before... dejected. Other musings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Have never seen Gailey like this before... dejected. Other musings.

His presser was bad. He looked so dejected. That douche Sully ripped him and he had no comebacks and just basically took it. He really didn't provide any legit arguments to the 34 yard non-FG, or keeping CJ off the field. Really seemed to have just given up. Such a stark contrast that I almost wonder if Nix already told him he's gone or something.

Before we go nuts with this every HC we've had since Levy has had pressers like that and Gailey has been refreshing with his staunch hard nosed football attitude. But this was a different Gailey today.

I still want him to stay on another year because I'm not convinced we have the ability to hire anyone significantly better. But, this didn't help his case with me. Upgrade the LB'ers and starting QB and this team is two games better right now at least IMO; and that's with Gailey.

I think I'd like to move Freddie. He's lost a step, he's developed a fumbling problem, he isn't showing the vision or getting the yards. I think I'd like a big rookie. Trade him.

Also, this team really needs a vet CB. When the game is on the line the youngsters look young.

Fitz has no business being are starter next year. He likely will be because we will draft a rookie who won't be ready. But that doesn't make Fitz a legit starting QB.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM.

• kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Have never seen Gailey like this before... dejected. Other musings.

Hard nosed football attitude, what in the world?

Are you talking about the Chan Gailey who coaches the Buffalo Bills? Guy talks about hard nosed football, but he's softer than Chamin. That's all Gailey is, empty talk. He talks about playing hard, but his team rarely does.

Of course he's dejected, easiest schedule and still couldn't improve in year 3, ****ing pathetic, even he realizes how awful the season has been.

Who's going to trade for Fred Jackson? You want to keep Nix and Gailey around, the same guys who give Fred more touches than their best player, the same guys who traded a young running back for two 4ths, the same guys who extended him, you want to trade him, but keep the morons who put us in this position. Totally makes sense....
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      Hard nosed football attitude, what in the world?

Are you talking about the Chan Gailey who coaches the Buffalo Bills? Guy talks about hard nosed football, but he's softer than Chamin. That's all Gailey is, empty talk. He talks about playing hard, but his team rarely does.

Of course he's dejected, easiest schedule and still couldn't improve in year 3, ****ing pathetic, even he realizes how awful the season has been.

Who's going to trade for Fred Jackson? You want to keep Nix and Gailey around, the same guys who give Fred more touches than their best player, the same guys who traded a young running back for two 4ths, the same guys who extended him, you want to trade him, but keep the morons who put us in this position. Totally makes sense....
      Change for the sake of change does not make sense. There isn't an ounce of logic in that. If it's an upgrade fine. But, changing HC and GM means all new playbooks, all new schemes, all new staff, many players are released, many years are needed to get the new players to fit the new schemes, and all to probably end up right about where we are now 2 years from now.

Gailey isn't a HOF HC, nor is he a SB winner. We have zero shot at landing a HC like that; let's face the facts.

So what we end up hiring next is just about the same as what we have now. What's the point? We might as well just change the players that need replacing with upgrades and see where that can lead. Upgrading players is doable. Upgrading to a HOF or big name HC is not.

As for Freddie, you trade him for whatever the best offer is if for nothing else to keep him from hitting the market and becoming a Pat.
      Last edited by X-Era; 12-09-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Twice the pride, double the fall.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Gailey isn't a HOF HC, nor is he a SB winner. We have zero shot at landing a HC like that; let's face the facts.

So what we end up hiring next is just about the same as what we have now. What's the point? We might as well just change the players that need replacing with upgrades and see where that can lead. Upgrading players is doable. Upgrading to a HOF or big name HC is not.

As for Freddie, you trade him for whatever the best offer is if for nothing else to keep him from hitting the market and becoming a Pat.
          First sentence is completely false. Brian Billick lobbied to get an interview 3 years ago, we were too good for him. SB Winner.

Second comment is the typical Bills defeatist attitude that allows Ralph and Russ to go status quo, which means we never have to really improve because people don't think it's possible so why even try.

Third sentence, Fred Jackson might get a 6th round pick at this point. There's more value keeping him than getting a 6th round pick.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Twice the pride, double the fall.
            Double the fall? His record is just about the same as his predecessors since Levy.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Change for the sake of change does not make sense. There isn't an ounce of logic in that. If it's an upgrade fine. But, changing HC and GM means all new playbooks, all new schemes, all new staff, many players are released, many years are needed to get the new players to fit the new schemes, and all to probably end up right about where we are now 2 years from now.

Freds going to hit what market, he isn't a free agent, we gave him an extension remember? Won't be a Pat unless you trade him to the Pats, and if he's so washed up why would you care about the Pats obtaining him?

We're not changing for the sake of change, we're changing because the people in charge are ****ing idiots. 3 years, no improvement at all, yet you expect them to be better in year 4 when they haven't demonstrated an ounce of competency in the last three years. So explain to me how I'm the one lacking logic. I want to get rid of people who have failed to deliver, they haven't lived up to their own words. You want to keep them around in hopes that they turn it around in year 4. I'm basing my decision on 3 years of absolute failure, you're relying on hope.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Double the fall? His record is just about the same as his predecessors since Levy.
                It's deeper than than man, Sith stuff.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                  First sentence is completely false. Brian Billick lobbied to get an interview 3 years ago, we were too good for him. SB Winner.

Second comment is the typical Bills defeatist attitude that allows Ralph and Russ to go status quo, which means we never have to really improve because people don't think it's possible so why even try.

Third sentence, Fred Jackson might get a 6th round pick at this point. There's more value keeping him than getting a 6th round pick.
                  Show me proof that Billick lobbied. I wtached closely like everyone else and never saw that. The best we ever got was an admission that we would be surprised by who called which came from Nix.

Wrong. Upgrading Fitz is not status quo. Status quo would be to stick with a sub-par starter at QB. Getting a legit playoff caliber QB is not status quo. Sticking with your HC past 3 years is also not status quo. It's in fact the opposite. It;s what we haven't done since Levy. It's worth a try and IMO is the shorter route to the playoffs than starting all over and guaranteeing at least 2 years to see what we end up with.

Freddie has lost a step, fumbles, doesn't have the same vision anymore, and isn;t getting the yards. A big rookie could do that and possibly more with fresher legs.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Williams 17-31 .354
                    Mularkey 14-18 .438
                    Jauron 24-33 .421
                    Gailey 15-30 .333

17-31 got Gregg fired...that's what Gailey will be, at best, in 3 weeks.

Worst coach since Levy, without question.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Billick lobbies for every coaching vacancy, the guy would take the job in a heartbeat, doesn't mean I actually want him coaching the team but it's pretty much a known that Billick will take just about any job at this point.

Man, those coaching records.....****ing pathetic.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                        • Sep 2008

Show me proof that Billick lobbied. I wtached closely like everyone else and never saw that. The best we ever got was an admission that we would be surprised by who called which came from Nix.
                        Here's your proof:
                        Billick also wanted to be the Bills' head coach but couldn't procure an interview, much less an offer.

"I just wanted to make sure I was clear that [Bills general manager Buddy Nix] had not called," Billick told reporter Aaron Saykin of Buffalo NBC affiliate WGRZ. "Why he had not called a coach with a Super Bowl ring, 10 wins a year for nine years, having orchestrated the highest-scoring offense and defense in the history of the league, is a question worth asking. But I never spoke with Mr. Nix."

Now that the Buffalo Bills have named Chan Gailey their head coach, folks who have been silent about the search process are going to start filling in some blanks.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Wrong. Upgrading Fitz is not status quo. Status quo would be to stick with a sub-par starter at QB. Getting a legit playoff caliber QB is not status quo. Sticking with your HC past 3 years is also not status quo. It's in fact the opposite. It;s what we haven't done since Levy. It's worth a try and IMO is the shorter route to the playoffs than starting all over and guaranteeing at least 2 years to see what we end up with.

Freddie has lost a step, fumbles, doesn't have the same vision anymore, and isn;t getting the yards. A big rookie could do that and possibly more with fresher legs.
                          It's been stated that Billick had interest numerous times. Schottenheimer had interest also. Marty isn't a SB coach though so we shouldn't bother going after him based on your point.

What QB are we gonna get? Tony Romo? Mike Vick? 2nd or 3rd round pick? The first 2 choices at this point are no different than Fitz. Romo folds when the game is on the line just like Fitz and Vick might actually be worse at this point in his career. Dude has turned into a turnover machine. 2nd or 3rd round pick? Meh. You could get a Russell Wilson or you could get a Trent Edwards.

A 6th round pick, more likely than not, doesn't even make the roster. So you go into next year with Choice as your backup. Now if you think Choice is garbage, many around here do, then you've created a hole and need to draft/sign a backup RB to spell Spiller and to be your short yardage/goal line guy. Simply put, Fred Jackson provides more value than whatever you're gonna get in a trade for him at this point in his career.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Billick lobbies for every coaching vacancy, the guy would take the job in a heartbeat, doesn't mean I actually want him coaching the team but it's pretty much a known that Billick will take just about any job at this point.

Man, those coaching records.....****ing pathetic.
                            I'd take Billick over Gailey in a heart beat. Without question. No doubt.

But that shows the ineptitude of this front office not even giving him an interview and just handing the job to a proven bum in this league.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Freds going to hit what market, he isn't a free agent, we gave him an extension remember? Won't be a Pat unless you trade him to the Pats, and if he's so washed up why would you care about the Pats obtaining him?

We're not changing for the sake of change, we're changing because the people in charge are ****ing idiots. 3 years, no improvement at all, yet you expect them to be better in year 4 when they haven't demonstrated an ounce of competency in the last three years. So explain to me how I'm the one lacking logic. I want to get rid of people who have failed to deliver, they haven't lived up to their own words. You want to keep them around in hopes that they turn it around in year 4. I'm basing my decision on 3 years of absolute failure, you're relying on hope.
                              Freddie would be a FA if released. That's what I meant. I'd rather have a rookie as a backup and then we have no need for Fred. But if he's released the Pats could snap him up.

No, your change is just because your pissed... And that is for the sake of change. Better is the goal. Not new. New is not necessarily better. And. You fail to see the amount of detrimental change that would also occur in hopes of becoming positive change eventually... And our history shows that positive change never seems to come. Kill the Tampa 2, let's go to the 3-4... spend 2 years trying to build it, never get there, and scrap it and several players for an all new scheme that took over a half a season to get used to... It's a cycle. Just break the cycle. Upgrade the positions for the existing schemes, keep the players who have learned it and you may end up with quicker positive results.

Look at it this way, can you tell me right now that a legit playoff caliber QB would have lost the Titans and Pats game like Fitz did? Would a QB who manages the game and doesn't throw those picks have won? The answer is likely yes. And that means were at 6 losses and in the playoffs right now. And that says nothing for where we would be if we had a legit ILB and OLB. Our run D in those first 4 games would have been much better and could have led to a win or two there as well.

I believe a few legit upgrades on the roster puts this team in the playoff hunt right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X