• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Assume Gailey and Fitz are gone...

...who do you want to see brought in to replace them?

Personally, I want Rex Ryan brought in as DC to replace Wanny, and I'd love to see a guy like Chip Kelly take over for Chan.

As for QB, does anyone think we could trade a 4th or 5th for Kirk Cousins and then also bring in a vet or a 2nd/3rd round QB like EJ Manuel or Landry Jones?
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Assume Gailey and Fitz are gone...

David Shaw and Michael Vick as a stop gap until the drafted rookie is ready.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Chip Kelly

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

Just throwing this out there, but Alex Smith. I don't know if we could afford his contract, I think he's due 8 million next year and it will depend if SF tries to trade him or just give him his outright release. There's no way he stays as back-up for that money and he has earned a starter's job.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
          ...who do you want to see brought in to replace them?

Personally, I want Rex Ryan brought in as DC to replace Wanny, and I'd love to see a guy like Chip Kelly take over for Chan.

As for QB, does anyone think we could trade a 4th or 5th for Kirk Cousins and then also bring in a vet or a 2nd/3rd round QB like EJ Manuel or Landry Jones?
          No way Washington is trading Cousins for the same round they drafted him. If RGIII is out & Cousins performs well, it will be a 1st or no deal because they really have no interest in trading their insurance policy with a QB like Griffin who hasn't learned to avoid contact. For our next QB, we're going to have to get lucky in the draft & fans should stop thinking about trading for players Buddy Nix was too stupid to draft in their own draft when the guy was available.

I don't want to see any college coach who does not have an NFL background. Bring in a coordinator from another NFL team with head coaching experience elsewhere-that's why I like Jay Gruden because he has been a successful head coach in both Arenaball & the UFL and has been a coordinator & assistant before that in the NFL. The only time I want to see Rex Ryan in Buffalo is on the other team's sideline. Unless our next HC has ties to Ryan, it would make no sense to bring him in
          Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Just throwing this out there, but Alex Smith. I don't know if we could afford his contract, I think he's due 8 million next year and it will depend if SF tries to trade him or just give him his outright release. There's no way he stays as back-up for that money and he has earned a starter's job.
            I don't know if Smith is due the $8 million before or after the trade period begins. If it's before, he's going to either get cut or agree to defer the $ until after he can be traded. If it's after, then whoever trades for him will restructure & extend the contract. If it's before odds are SF releases him meaning the Bills have no shot at signing him.

Comment

• mjt328
              • May 2011

First choice at head coach is Schottenheimer or Cowher.

At quarterback, I like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley.
              2013 "My Should Have" Draft
              Posted During the 2013 Draft
              1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
              3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
              4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
              5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
              6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
              7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
              1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
              3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
              4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
              5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
              6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
              7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Marc Trestman or Kirk Ferentz

Kirk Cousins would be intriguing but would take at least a 2nd, then again if we're using the 2nd on Glennon or Wilson, might not be a bad option to just use it on Cousins. The FA class/what will be available class doesn't impress me.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                  Marc Trestman or Kirk Ferentz

Kirk Cousins would be intriguing but would take at least a 2nd, then again if we're using the 2nd on Glennon or Wilson, might not be a bad option to just use it on Cousins. The FA class/what will be available class doesn't impress me.
                  Thinking about trading for Cousins and losing a draft pick makes me sick. These idiots brought him in for a pre-draft visit and passed on him.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

I'd take Andy Reid in a second as well, but with what he's been through I'm betting he takes a year off.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Rex Ryan will not be the DC here.. he's just too much of a scumbag to not be the next Cowboys HC.
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                        First choice at head coach is Schottenheimer or Cowher.

At quarterback, I like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley.
                        Schotty is 69 years old and has no interest in coaching. Cowher is Gailey's friend and recommended him. I can tell you that Jim Kelly and Thurman thought we were landing him so we may go after him hard again and maybe he takes the job. But, I can't see it happening as much as I'd like it.

And someone like Cowher has pick of the litter of jobs why choose here?

Here's a list:

With the head-coaching carousel threatening to turn (hello, Cleveland!), Daniel Jeremiah examines seven candidates who might be in line for jobs. Oregon's Chip Kelly is at the top of the list.

That list doesn't really impress me.

Newsom says rules for reopening California fitness centers coming ‘in a week or so’ buy roid Meet the seven fitness tribes of lockdown (you definitely belong to one of them)

I want the big namer that we likely can't land.
                        Last edited by X-Era; 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Perry Fewell. I'll also take anybody not named Smith, Barkley or Vick for QB, via the draft or FA.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Assuming both are gone, and unfortunately I still see that as a long shot, I'd like to see us go for Chip Kelly. That means paying him pretty sick money, but its what I'd like to see. What is happening in college now is an evolution of the game. We need a coach is going to be one step ahead of the evolutionary curve in the pro game. He'd need a great DC to be successful, but that's where I'd like to see us go with it.

At QB, I'd be willing to give two #2s for Cousins. I see him as the 2nd best prospect in this draft class and he'd come with two years of learning the pro game and some scant playing time. That trumps Barkley, Wilson and the rest IMO (although I think I'd take Geno over him). I know he may not be the perfect fit with what Kelly may bring as a head coach, but I think Kelly would have to adapt so he may see Cousins as a nice compromise between what he's worked with in Eugene and what it would take to be successful in the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I think we have to remain reasonable in our expectations. Personally I think either Jay Gruden (OC-Cincy) or Marc Trestman (CFL) are fantastic options to take over as Head Coaches. You'd need a strong DC to go with them though and personally Id rather go back to the 34 or get an aggressive minded 43 guy in here. My idea defensive staff would be;

DC Raheem Morris/Mike Singletary
                              DL-Michael Sinclair (CFL)
                              LB Everett Withers (UNC)
                              DB Carnell Lake (PIT)
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X