PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way... Cin and Pitt both lost

X-Era
12-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Both are at 7 and 6. Both could lose one more. And with a win we would be right in this.

I'm not as far off from jumping on the fire Gailey train as you might think. This loss was mostly on him IMO.

I'm close:

:bandwagon

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Sneaking in the back door cause another team loses is not the way to instill confidence in this team
why is anyone still trying to figure out all the insanely complex scenarios that we could slip into the playoffs at this point? The bills are llllllllllooooooooooosssssssssseeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssss!

GingerP
12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Both are at 7 and 6. Both could lose one more. And with a win we would be right in this.

The Jets won yesterday, and moved ahead of the Bills. The Browns, Chargers and Dolphins all have a better record, and the only one the Bills have the tie-breaker over is Miami.

The Bills need to win out, and they haven't won 3 games in a row since the start of last season. At that point, they would need help. They are hurt by their 1-3 division record and 4-6 conference record.

trapezeus
12-10-2012, 08:03 AM
the bills can't even beat the good sucky teams. look for a repeat of 49ers game. team is shocked from previous weeks loss. they go to toronto and get beaten like a rented mule where they only score 1 FG. It'll be done by the first quarter.

OpIv37
12-10-2012, 08:11 AM
So, that's twice in 3 weeks that we lost winnable games to mediocre teams while everything else that we would need to happen in order to make the playoffs actually happened.

Bad luck has been a hallmark of Bills football going back to the Music City Mirage and "just give it to them." For once, luck was on our side, but this piece of garbage team couldn't close the deal on their end.

No killer instinct. And that's one of the things that bothers me the most. The players got complacent under Club Jauron, and I was hoping they would come out with some swagger and attitude. We have a nasty OL (when healthy) that punishes people in the run game, two great skill players in CJ and Stevie, and the best defensive FA on the market plus 2 nasty DT's. I was hoping there would be some swagger, some attitude, to this team, but all I see is the same old complacency. So, once again they'll be playing golf in January while the perennial contenders like the Patriots, Ravens, Packers, probably the Steelers, etc duke it it out in the playoffs. And it doesn't even seem like they care outside of one or two guys.

BillsFever21
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I can't believe anybody would even still be thinking about the playoff scenarios. The loss this week sealed our fate.

Skooby
12-11-2012, 02:44 AM
If I only had a dream.

jamze132
12-11-2012, 06:12 AM
So, that's twice in 3 weeks that we lost winnable games to mediocre teams while everything else that we would need to happen in order to make the playoffs actually happened.

Bad luck has been a hallmark of Bills football going back to the Music City Mirage and "just give it to them." For once, luck was on our side, but this piece of garbage team couldn't close the deal on their end.

No killer instinct. And that's one of the things that bothers me the most. The players got complacent under Club Jauron, and I was hoping they would come out with some swagger and attitude. We have a nasty OL (when healthy) that punishes people in the run game, two great skill players in CJ and Stevie, and the best defensive FA on the market plus 2 nasty DT's. I was hoping there would be some swagger, some attitude, to this team, but all I see is the same old complacency. So, once again they'll be playing golf in January while the perennial contenders like the Patriots, Ravens, Packers, probably the Steelers, etc duke it it out in the playoffs. And it doesn't even seem like they care outside of one or two guys.

It all falls on Gailey and Fitz. 80% Gailey 20% Fitz

Historian
12-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Bad luck has been a hallmark of Bills football going back to the Music City Mirage and "just give it to them."

I think the bad luck began in the 1968 Preseason with Kemp blowing out his knee in a scrimmage.

It's been downhill ever since.

Mahdi
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM
It all falls on Gailey and Fitz. 80% Gailey 20% Fitz

I would flip those ratios. Gailey is handcuffed by Fitz. Fitz just has too many limitations. When Bradford was being pressured in the pocket and had guys in his face he stepped into the pressure and made the throw. Fitz in the exact same situations chose 3 or 4 times to duck and try and run.

RedEyE
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
A win against the Rams, Colts and Titans and the playoff picture looks very different indeed. Still, would it have mattered that much? They can't beat good teams and that is precisely what they would face in the playoffs. I'm not sure I would want to end the playoff drought this year just to relive these events the next 2-3 years running.

jamze132
12-12-2012, 05:01 AM
I would flip those ratios. Gailey is handcuffed by Fitz. Fitz just has too many limitations. When Bradford was being pressured in the pocket and had guys in his face he stepped into the pressure and made the throw. Fitz in the exact same situations chose 3 or 4 times to duck and try and run.
In the first part of the game, we were blitzing and Bradford was not successful. We stopped blitzing and he started making throws.