PDA

View Full Version : not to beat a dead horse but...

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
how to run the buffalo bills
1) draft a running back and cornerback every three years in the first round, whether you need one or not
2) ignore the quarterback position
3) ignore the o-line depth
4) ignore the linebacking corps
5) hire a retread, has been coach who has failed at all previous opportunities and be sure he hires worse retreads at the coordinator positions
6) no matter what happens in the game. no matter how the first half goes, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER make ANY halftime adjustments. Ever. Do the exact same thing you were doing the second half, even if you're behind because the opposing team is doing the same
7) identify your best player and NEVER use him. because you want to save him for the future that will never come. if forced to use him, be sure to do so less than 10 times per game despite him averaging over 6 yards per carry.
8) identify your worst player, and put the game on his shoulders week in and week out while you ignore your best player
9) count the money that idiot fans like me keep giving you to give me a s****y product
10) rinse and repeat

JoeMama
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM
If there was ever a time when beating a dead horse was totally appropriate, it's right now.

Keep kicking.

This franchise is like a Carrot Top joke. It's painfully unfunny and nobody's laughing.

Joe Fo Sho
12-10-2012, 01:33 PM
1) draft a running back and cornerback every three years in the first round, whether you need one or not
2) ignore the quarterback position
3) ignore the o-line depth
4) ignore the linebacking corps
5) hire a retread, has been coach who has failed at all previous opportunities and be sure he hires worse retreads at the coordinator positions
6) no matter what happens in the game. no matter how the first half goes, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER make ANY halftime adjustments. Ever. Do the exact same thing you were doing the second half, even if you're behind because the opposing team is doing the same
7) identify your best player and NEVER use him. because you want to save him for the future that will never come. if forced to use him, be sure to do so less than 10 times per game despite him averaging over 6 yards per carry.
8) identify your worst player, and put the game on his shoulders week in and week out while you ignore your best player
9) count the money that idiot fans like me keep giving you to give me a s****y product
10) rinse and repeat

I like when people start a sentence with "not to do something, but..." and then they do exactly that.

I don't mean to offend anyone's religion, but...well here I go..

Albany,n.y.
12-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Don't you know what happens if they use him much more than they're currently doing? He has a huge season, then he gets disgruntled over having to play with a contract that does not match his contribution & the next thing you know, he's holding out in August. Chan is so wise, he is nipping this problem in the bud before it can happen.

Bangarang
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
How have they ignored the o-line depth? Hairston and Rhineheart is good depth. They both got hurt. How many teams in the league wouldn't have struggling o-lines when you have 4 or 5 injuries?

TedMock
12-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't disagree with all you're saying. Just some initial thoughts....

1. Scary thing is that we actually need a new starting CB, so drafting one in round one would not be a terrible decision. The fans would freak, but we do need one. Williams hasn't panned out. Brooks will probably replace McKelvin in the slot if we lose McKelvin. Gilmore on one side. No true starter on the outside opposite Gilmore.

2. QB must be taken in first couple of rounds. I'm willing to take similar lumps if a promising rookie is making a bad decision here or there, but he needs to be on the field.

3. Need more, but not ignored.
4. I don't think it's "ignore" as much as it is "miss." That goes both to multiple draft picks and underwhelming vet signings.

5. Failed at more than retread. Gailey and Jauron were failed retreads because we "needed" an offensive minded coach after we "needed" a defensive minded coach. We also failed at the "hot coordinator" hires. Mularky, Williams. This has been our biggest problem in my opinion. Just an inability to find (or willingness to find) a quality coach whether he's a former head guy, coordinator, or current college coach. We just keep missing.

6. yep
7. This is infuriating and part of the reason I believe Chan and Buddy are on two different pages. Buddy won't say it publicly, but I just feel as though he is also infuriated over something beyond the losses.
8. Same response as above.
9. Yep. Though I believe the amount is finally shrinking this season. I still have DTV Sunday Ticket, but I did not go to a live game this year which is a a first since I was in high school. I was even in Buffalo a couple of times this season and still opted not to go. I just can't bring myself to forking over more money. I still care and I still watch when I can, but with far less passion and effort.
10. Combine, Draft, Game 1. Hope springs eternal. Hope just fades a little earlier in the season now.

gebobs
12-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I like when people start a sentence with "not to do something, but..." and then they do exactly that.
Kind of like when people start a sentence with "I like/love when people..." and mean they hate it. :-)

Joe Fo Sho
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Kind of like when people start a sentence with "I like/love when people..." and mean they hate it. :-)

I genuinely enjoy how he started that sentence. But yes, I like when people do that, too...genuinely.