PDA

View Full Version : This could be a sign Chan is as good as gone.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Jay Skurski ‏<s>@</s>JaySkurski (https://twitter.com/JaySkurski) <s>#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills&src=hash) GM Buddy Nix has declined an interview request made by The Buffalo News to address the state of the team and coach Chan Gailey.

Jay Skurski ‏<s>@</s>JaySkurski (https://twitter.com/JaySkurski)
Nix, through a team spokesman, said he would prefer to address those topics at the end of the season.

We can all only hope that's what this means.

coastal
12-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Why is Chan Gailey's head enough for some people?

its not like Buddy inherited this team or the coach.

Chan is Buddy's creation.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Well obviously from my signature I think both should be shown the door but I would be satisfied with just getting a new coaching staff.

JoeMama
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Why is Chan Gailey's head enough for some people?

its not like Buddy inherited this team or the coach.

Chan is Buddy's creation.

I think we're starting to see consensus among Bills fans that it's time to clean house.

Buddy & Chan need to retire, enjoy their millions, and tick out the clock eating peaches on a front porch somewhere in the south.

It's sad to watch two guys (who by all accounts are earnest, intelligent individuals) drown themselves in a miasma of bad decisions.

OpIv37
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Before this season, I had more confidence in Gailey than Nix.

I no longer have confidence in Gailey either. They both need to go.

But, Nix will likely attempt to save his own skin by firing Gailey, then hiring some poor sap to attempt to win with the steaming hunk of **** that Nix calls players.

T-Long
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I could see a scenario where Chan is given the option of resigning or else he will be let go, then Buddy stays on through the draft. New coach, new GM to start the 2013 campaign.

Hey, a guy can dream right?

Skooby
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Until Ralph is gone, any change just starts another cycle.

THRILLHO
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to hire a guy I never heard of. Can't wait to hire a guy who no other team interviewed to be a head coach.

jimbohastle51
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
In my opinion Chan will get another year. Nix is going nowhere anytime soon. First Buddy Nix has not put a franchise QB on the field in his time here, Yes this is true, But he has built very good offensive and defensive lines. His theory of building from the lines out is not the most popular way of building but it is one that has proven to work with other NFL teams in the past. Also if you look at the over all talent on this team (and yes, the team has under achieved. More because of defensive and offensive play calling than lack of talent though.) it is much better than years past. Nix has talked about continuity since he was hired and 3 years and out is not continuity. I am not the biggest fan of Chan Gailey but I do agree with Nix as far as bringing in another coach and another system not only sets players back by having to learn the respective system but then you have roster turn over AGAIN. A new coach is going to want his guys and he may not like some players we have which leads to having to allow a season or two for players to get familiar with each other and the system.
Houston went through this and so has Cincy. Kubiak went through some pretty lean years before finally getting to the playoffs. Unfortunately weather we like it or not Nix is going to give Gailey another year. All we can do is hope that over this off season we solidify the positions of need (LB depth, talented WR) and this team gets it together. Remember folks Nix already committed to Fitz for the foreseeable future (at least a year or two more) publicly on more than one occasion. Do you think he really plans on firing Gailey and then forcing a new head coach to have to stick with Fitzpatrick? A new coach will want his own guy at the position. Nix is sticking by Gailey for at least one more season.

mrbojanglezs
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I could see a scenario where Chan is given the option of resigning or else he will be let go, then Buddy stays on through the draft. New coach, new GM to start the 2013 campaign.

Thought you had "inside info?"

Don't Panic
12-10-2012, 06:41 PM

I'd be totally down with this, so long as Whaley was given a lot if input on the coaching hire since he's the heir apparent. Bottom line is that aside from Fitzpatrick, this team has the talent to be a playoff team. And even with him they should be in the mix. No reason we shouldn't be 7-6 at this point in the season.

EDS
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM

I hope Buddy does not get to make the decisions for the 2013 draft!

Mr. Cynical
12-10-2012, 07:04 PM
In my opinion Chan will get another year.

I hope with every fiber of my being that you are wrong. I can guarantee 100% and would bet my house on the fact that if Chan and Fitz are still here, they will not make the playoffs. Guar-an-tee.

X-Era
12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
I really think a few of you are right and both Chan and Nix are back next year.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I hope the Bills don't like making money. I will guarantee they lose 15% of their season ticket sales if Chan Gailey is the coach next year. I know that I won't spend a dime on them.

djjimkelly
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Can't wait to hire a guy I never heard of. Can't wait to hire a guy who no other team interviewed to be a head coach.

thats a cop out

most super bowls coaches are winning their first super bowl with their first team.

i do not buy we need a retread

we hired gailey someone we heard of hell he coached the cowboys and was cowhers OC hes a name coach.

so i dont buy this!!!!!

you heard of mike tomlin before he was hired?

sean payton had play call duties taken away in dallas for a while

mike mccarthy im sure u heard of him before the packers hired him

no names win super bowls!!!!!

DynaPaul
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Let's rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic again, shall we?

ParanoidAndroid
12-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Whaley will start a youth movement in the front office when his time comes. Ralph will not be with us much longer (god bless the old fart) and fans will flock back over the anticipation of a new owner/ownership group. The Bills will have their renaissance but it won't be this offseason. My money is on Gailey getting one more shot.

Jeff1220
12-10-2012, 09:30 PM
With Whaley's ties to him in Pittsburgh, maybe Whisenhunt would be the next HC? Looks like he might be available: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/cardinals-president-says-coach-ken-whisenhunt-will-finish-the-season/
Thoughts?

Ingtar33
12-10-2012, 10:18 PM

No GM candidate worth hiring would sign on AFTER the NFL draft and the start of free agency.

BertSquirtgum
12-10-2012, 10:44 PM
No GM candidate worth hiring would sign on AFTER the NFL draft and the start of free agency.

I think he meant new GM as in Doug Whaley.

Night Train
12-11-2012, 07:19 AM
They'll either make the needed moves in early January or do nothing.

If they maintain the same faces (Nix/Gailey/Fitz and more), I better not hear Russ Brandon complain once about season ticket sales ever again.

Some people don't buy the pretty dress on the pig.

Historian
12-11-2012, 07:31 AM
He can't address the media because he's busy trying to revive Ralph so he can get his input...