Fred done for the season unless we reach playoffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Fred done for the season unless we reach playoffs...

A wonderful Gailey quote from the Bills site:

Gailey: Fred Jackson's injury closer to a 4-5 week timetable than 2-3. Playoff implications aside, his season likely over.

Playoff implications???????????????

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Fred done for the season unless we reach playoffs...

Fantasy implications, we'll be lucky to win 1 more.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I expect Choice to pick up the slack...perhaps Spiller has a huge payday if he gets so many carries or something like that.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        I expect Choice to pick up the slack...perhaps Spiller has a huge payday if he gets so many carries or something like that.
        i agree. Spiller gets winded easily. (sarcasm off)
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

So we are going to watch Spiller prove himself yet again and then hear how we are going to utilize both backs during the offseason. Then next season comes and we are left wondering why one of the most dynamic players in the game is sitting on the sideline... again.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

I like Jackson and I don't wish injury to any player in the NFL let alone a Bills player but even though the season is over now this is a blessing in disguise. He will have no choice but to give Spiller more touches. It will be just in time for my first FF game after the first round bye too. LOL.

It's just simply pathetic that somebody as explosive as Spiller and who was once again the only one making big plays only gets 8 touches. Their olive branch contract they gave to Jackson was also stupid. To give a RB of his age coming off an injury a contract extension that runs through 2014 when you already have a young proven RB in Spiller was just ridiculous.

I don't know if they felt the need to give Jackson more touches out of respect or because of his new contract but there isn't any excuse why Spiller shouldn't have been receiving 65% of the touches this season at the very least. The guy is in the Top 10 in all purpose yards and he barely touches the ball. They never give him the ball in the RZ either and instead they give it to Jackson to fumble. It's not like Jackson has been a huge TD machine in his career to justify giving him the RZ carries every single time.

Spiller makes big plays to get us down the field and then whenever we get close they take him out of the game and for the next drive. It just boggles my mind. Only a handful of people on here accuse him of being a good HC that should stay after this season but if his misuse of the RB situation along with his win/loss record doesn't change their minds then nothing will.

Can you imagine what Belichick or some other good coaches would be doing if they had somebody like Spiller? He is easily one of the best RB's in the league right now and he's rarely ever used. It's bad enough we used a #9 draft pick on a RB when we already had Lynch and Jackson but then to not even use him makes it even worse. Especially after he has proven to come into his own and be one of the best RB's in the league. Then they go and trade away Lynch for a lousy 4th round draft pick that didn't get us anything. This team is a complete pathetic joke.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

I'd like to replace him with a youngster. I'd like a guy like Bell (Mich St.), Knile Davis (Ark), or even Lattimore and give Freddie another year while Lattimore get's healthy. I think Davis and Lattimore can be had in a mid round.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I think we should send Spiller to IR. He looks winded!
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

The good news for Jackson is he will make a full recovery from this injury and play football somewhere next season. Glad it wasn't worse than an MCL sprain.

Comment

Working...
                  X